The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS

5 posters

Go down

GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS  Empty GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS

Post by RonnieO'Hendry Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:49 am

7 times World Champion (Hendry) versus 4 times World Champion (Higgins) in Round-2 of the WorldS Shocked thumbsup

RonnieO'Hendry

Back to top Go down

GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS  Empty Re: GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS

Post by eirebilly Mon 23 Apr 2012, 6:39 am

Should be a great match. I cant see past Higgins though as he will grind whatever form Hendry may have, out of him.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS  Empty Re: GREAT SCOT it doesn't get much better than this at the WorldS

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 23 Apr 2012, 6:55 am

On their First Round form you'd have to go for Stephen Hendry but on recent history of consistency etc you have to go for John Higgins. You feel sure that now Higgins is into the championship he will improve round-by-round and unless Hendry can reproduce his first session form again then you have to feel he will struggle.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:12 am

Just cant see Hendry beating Higgins to be honest. Higgins plays a very tight game and will not give the same chances to Hendry as Bingham did and Wenbo would have done. It will be a good match but Higgins is just too good.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:18 am

I agree eirebilly but Higgins was by no means bullet-proof (far from it) in the First Round and he offered up plenty of chances to his opponent. He can't afford to do that against Hendry especially if he can reproduce the form of a couple of days ago. It isn't a lost cause but I do feel Higgins will come through in the end but the romanticist in me would love to see Hendry win.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:28 am

I really want to see Hendry win but i feel that Higgins gets better as tournements go on and feel that he will have too much of a complete game for Hendry to win. I would love to see Hendry in the last 8 though Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RonnieO'Hendry Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

eirebilly wrote:I really want to see Hendry win but i feel that Higgins gets better as tournements go on and feel that he will have too much of a complete game for Hendry to win. I would love to see Hendry in the last 8 though Very Happy

Com' on Hendry OK
Com' on the Great Man thumbsup
Don't worry about the last 8, eirebilly, Hendry will make it World Title No. 8 king

RonnieO'Hendry

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 23 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

I just noticed that if Graeme Dott wins his First Round match it will mean a Scotsman is guaranteed a semi-final spot.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:31 am

True, but Trump will take them all down Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RonnieO'Hendry Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:47 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I just noticed that if Graeme Dott wins his First Round match it will mean a Scotsman is guaranteed a semi-final spot.

But the chances of Dott making it past the 1st Round looks very. very slim now (down 1-8)
Dott was facing the second only "whitewash" at the Crucible until he pulled one back against Perry
John Parrot still owns that by himself when he spanked Eddie "Steady" Charlton 10-0 in the 1st Round twenty years ago (1992)

RonnieO'Hendry

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Fri 27 Apr 2012, 1:50 pm

eirebilly wrote:I really want to see Hendry win but i feel that Higgins gets better as tournements go on and feel that he will have too much of a complete game for Hendry to win. I would love to see Hendry in the last 8 though Very Happy

if stephen wins this match even , ill party like its 1999 ......... anyway it would be great to see him finally crowned hendry the 8th Very Happy

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Fri 27 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

5-3 to the wonderbairn so far, long way to go yet

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:54 pm

12-4 to Hendry despite playing mostly mediocre stuff. Awful from Higgins.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Breaks of 66 and 83 I wouldn't call mediocre. Sure it wasn't scintillating but wouldn't say it was mediocre but agreed that Higgins was awful and that is being kind.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by RonnieO'Hendry Sat 28 Apr 2012, 3:14 pm

Higgins should never have got past the 1st Round since Wenbo should have beaten him. Higgins played poorly then and even worse in that
2nd Round against Hendry The 8th king

RonnieO'Hendry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down