The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England player watch

+17
mattraven
pbuk0
killer938
Geordie
Effervescing Elephant
gregortree
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
ChequeredJersey
Cumbrian
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
sirtidychris
Ozzy3213
formerly known as Sam
bluestonevedder
Bathite
Triangulation
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England player watch Empty England player watch

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:30 am

Who is booking themselves onto the plane for South Africa and who is going the other way?

By all accounts every England qualified player did themselves justice in the Quins v Leicester game.

Has Allen significantly boosted his chances?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

England player watch Empty Re: England player watch

Post by Bathite Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:45 am

Allen was great at the weekend, as was Lowe. JTH looked good in the first half, but struggled a bit defensively in the second. Wonder how long Croft will be out for, but heard it was only a stinger.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

Going up:

Allen
Flood
Waldrom
Easter
Marler? Going well at scrum now as well as in the loose?
JTH ?
Lowe
Ashton? Back scoring tries

How did Wade go for Wasps?
May for Gloucester?

Armitage continuing to tear up tress in France. How well does one have to play to constitute an "exceptional circumstance"??

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:10 am

How good a prospect is the hooker Youngs of Leicester?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:17 am

I'd say Allen has booked his place. He offers something different, and is a very talented and intelligent player. As a lot of posters have said, he runs beautiful lines and is capable of tearing apart teams. His defence is pretty decent too for a man his size. JTH had a strong first half and provided some real go forward, boshing off defenders and making good ground. In the second half though, he tailed off, and couldn't handle Allen at all. I'd say he needs to develop another dimension to his game, since he seemed to have no plan B. Lowe should go as another 13 option, very impressive apart form a stupid last minute penalty depriving Quins of a BP.

Marler's on cracking form and held up very well in the scrums. Should get some starts.
Hear Croft's just got a stinger, so will hopefully be fine. On a personal level, I'm wondering whether Tigers should just start with a backrow combination of Croft, Waldrom and Mafi...?

Think Wade and May should be on the tour, both have that x factor about them. Another possibility is Alex Goode. Thought he had a great game from what I saw, despite the overall match being absolute dross.

Would love to see Armitage there, but can't really see it.

Last edited by bluestonevedder on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

Triangulation wrote:How good a prospect is the hooker Youngs of Leicester?

Very good. I was annoyed that he didn't get on against Quins, because I thought Chuter was fairly average. Youngs is a pocket battleship- very very fast for a bloke of his stature (5'9, 16 stone), and also has that real competitive edge. Think he could be a bolter for the tour, especially given the recent injuries.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:32 am

bluestonevedder wrote:
Triangulation wrote:How good a prospect is the hooker Youngs of Leicester?

Very good. I was annoyed that he didn't get on against Quins, because I thought Chuter was fairly average. Youngs is a pocket battleship- very very fast for a bloke of his stature (5'9, 16 stone), and also has that real competitive edge. Think he could be a bolter for the tour, especially given the recent injuries.

He is always going to be fast for a hooker, he is a converted centre after all. His hands and carrying will naturally be good as well

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

bathite

are you implying that there are other aspects of his game that are less than good? scrummaging? lineout throwing?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:45 am

True Bathite, but he's packed on a lot of size since converting from centre. It's just good to see that he hasn't lost speed, but has gained a lot of power and strength.

Triangulation, his scrummaging is good. The weakest part of his game is probably his throwing, but that is improving as well. I think he's really benefiting from working closely with Cockerill.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

On a personal level, I'm wondering whether Tigers should just start with a backrow combination of Croft, Waldrom and Mafi...?

No way. Salvi played out of his skin and his commitment was written all over his bleeding face. He was in every ruck disrupting, he carried and he got turnovers. He is improving all the time in a Tigers shirt and is incomparable to the player who rocked up at the start of the season, quickly becomming a proper Tiger that man.

are you implying that there are other aspects of his game that are less than good? scrummaging? lineout throwing?

Probably the best scrummaging hooker at Tigers, very aggressive (Cockers has likened him to Julian White), tackles like a demented backrower (his lack of height leads to getting under players and carrying them backwards) and carries like an 8. His lineout throwing needs more work as at the moment it's average but more experience has seen it improve and it just needs a bit more and he will be a big asset for Tigers. It's only his first season at the club and he missed 3 and a half months with a back injury.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

Not questioning his commitment at all, would never question it, I'm in no position to do so. I only said so because to me, Salvi seems to have either great games, or ones where he seems to go missing. Don't get me wrong, when he's on form, he's excellent. Would just be interested to see how a different backrow combination would get on.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
On a personal level, I'm wondering whether Tigers should just start with a backrow combination of Croft, Waldrom and Mafi...?

No way. Salvi played out of his skin and his commitment was written all over his bleeding face. He was in every ruck disrupting, he carried and he got turnovers. He is improving all the time in a Tigers shirt and is incomparable to the player who rocked up at the start of the season, quickly becomming a proper Tiger that man.

Probably the best scrummaging hooker at Tigers, very aggressive (Cockers has likened him to Julian White), tackles like a demented backrower (his lack of height leads to getting under players and carrying them backwards) and carries like an 8. His lineout throwing needs more work as at the moment it's average but more experience has seen it improve and it just needs a bit more and he will be a big asset for Tigers. It's only his first season at the club and he missed 3 and a half months with a back injury.

Hmm hooker is a weak spot for England. Perhaps that will soon be a thing of the past....

.... I am getting very excited at how the England team is going to look 6months from now!!

A front row of Marler Youngs Cole is starting to sound devastating for opponents.

the back row and centre areas having talent coming through en masse right now. May and Wade into the back 3 equation at least.

Is it wrong to get excited? Am i jumping the gun?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

Triangulation wrote:bathite

Nope not at all, just saying that because of his history, he will have a great skill set already in some areas.

Last edited by Bathite on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

Bathite wrote:
Triangulation wrote:bathite

Nope not all, just saying that certain because of his history, he will have a great skill set already

Cool

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

Triangulation wrote:

Hmm hooker is a weak spot for England. Perhaps that will soon be a thing of the past....

.... I am getting very excited at how the England team is going to look 6months from now!!

A front row of Marler Youngs Cole is starting to sound devastating for opponents.

the back row and centre areas having talent coming through en masse right now. May and Wade into the back 3 equation at least.

Yes, as Corbisiero is 1st choice loosehead and has done nothing to suggest that he should lose the shirt. Likewise Youngs is not even 1st choice for Tigers so not sure how he suddenly becomes an international, when the player that he is behind also qualifies for the same national team but isn't in the squad either (I do appreciate that Chuter is getting on hence his non inclusion but I get infuriated by massive overhyping of good young players after a couple of decent outings in the AP)
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 12:04 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
Triangulation wrote:

Yes, as Corbisiero is 1st choice loosehead and has done nothing to suggest that he should lose the shirt. Likewise Youngs is not even 1st choice for Tigers so not sure how he suddenly becomes an international, when the player that he is behind also qualifies for the same national team but isn't in the squad either (I do appreciate that Chuter is getting on hence his non inclusion but I get infuriated by massive overhyping of good young players after a couple of decent outings in the AP)

I apologise unreservedly if i have infuriated you.

Just getting excited is all.

I felt that circa 2000-2003 we had at least 6 ball carriers in our pack. So when we came up against say Australia who had about 3 at that time, i was usually reasonably comfortable that we'd be too much for them to handle at forward.

Hartley has disappointed me a little so i am looking to see if there are some good hookers out there who show up well on the carry and in the tackle.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

Given the love on here for youngs and allen what i'm about to write will be unpopular........Size matters

At club and maybe even NH international level you can get away with being small but more skillfull than other players when you play the big three SH boys if you are small you WILL get found out. Tom youngs is an amazing prospect for leicester and may make a mark on the sixnations one day would i want him packing down against bismarck du plessis 6ft 2 18stone or stephen moore 6ft 1 17.5 stone.....nope. I am a massive lee mears fan, in his 2009 pomp he was quick, made yards, awesome hands, offloading pin point throwing in...but against the best teams he was completely nullified and was simply too damn small.

Anthony Allen another quality player but at 5ft 11 and 14 stone is not big enough to be a world class centre...ma'a nonu 6ft 16 stone.....frans steyn 6ft 3 17stone, jamie roberts 6ft 4 17stone. I know these guys are very good at club level but on the biggest stage against the best teams they will be found wanting. Martin Johnson knew this thats why he persevered with the much worse Hape/ tindall/ Banahan instead of giving Allen a much deserved shot.

As far as hooker what is Tom lindsay playing like for wasps for these days at 6ft 3 and 17odd stone he has the stature to do well ?

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:17 pm

sirtidychris wrote:
Anthony Allen another quality player but at 5ft 11 and 14 stone is not big enough to be a world class centre

Brian O'Driscoll and Conrad Smith would probably disagree.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

As I understand it Steffon Armitage is unlikely to go to South Africa, as the end of the Top 14 season clashes with the start of the tour, and he wouldn't be allowed to arrive late.

Definitely should be on England's radar though. He's the best english qualified 7 around in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:26 pm

sirtidychris wrote:Given the love on here for youngs and allen what i'm about to write will be unpopular........Size matters

At club and maybe even NH international level you can get away with being small but more skillfull than other players when you play the big three SH boys if you are small you WILL get found out. Tom youngs is an amazing prospect for leicester and may make a mark on the sixnations one day would i want him packing down against bismarck du plessis 6ft 2 18stone or stephen moore 6ft 1 17.5 stone.....nope. I am a massive lee mears fan, in his 2009 pomp he was quick, made yards, awesome hands, offloading pin point throwing in...but against the best teams he was completely nullified and was simply too damn small.

Anthony Allen another quality player but at 5ft 11 and 14 stone is not big enough to be a world class centre...ma'a nonu 6ft 16 stone.....frans steyn 6ft 3 17stone, jamie roberts 6ft 4 17stone. I know these guys are very good at club level but on the biggest stage against the best teams they will be found wanting. Martin Johnson knew this that is why he is no longer the England coach.

As far as hooker what is Tom lindsay playing like for wasps for these days at 6ft 3 and 17odd stone he has the stature to do well ?

Thought I would fix this for you. The fact that Johnson picked the bigger players over potentially better ones, just because of size difference, is as good a reason as any that he is no longer the England coach. Lancaster fortunately will not have this mindset.

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

rodders wrote:
sirtidychris wrote:
Anthony Allen another quality player but at 5ft 11 and 14 stone is not big enough to be a world class centre

Was about to use the same example. BOD is what, 5'9? 90kg at most?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:29 pm

Pocock is 5'10-5'11, 100-103kg. Probably the smallest forward on the pitch in most of the games he has played in. Neil Back is another example.

I think too much emphasis is put on player size. If you've got the skills and talent, the sky is the limit.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

Neil Back was told that he was too small for international rugby.......

I suppose that by this logic Shane Williams and Jason Robinson should never have won so many caps and Christian Wade won't get any either....

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:33 pm

So is Brussow. Not sure why anyone would try to pick potentially good players based on their build and not on their skill set..

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:35 pm

Definitely should be on England's radar though. He's the best english qualified 7 around in my opinion.

On current form there's no arguement on that one.

Tom youngs is an amazing prospect for leicester and may make a mark on the sixnations one day would i want him packing down against bismarck du plessis 6ft 2 18stone or stephen moore 6ft 1 17.5 stone.....nope. I am a massive lee mears fan, in his 2009 pomp he was quick, made yards, awesome hands, offloading pin point throwing in...but against the best teams he was completely nullified and was simply too damn small

Size is an influence but it is not the be all and end all of rugby. Even at the scrum the likes of Dan Cole who at 18 stone is by no means big for a prop (Adam Jones 20 stone and Castro practically 19 stone) is still an excellent scrummager. Technique matters. Conrad Smith one of the best defensive centres around gives away a couple of stone away to his opposite number in most games but he still does the business. Technique, speed and agression are as important as weight when it comes to making an impact. For the record Lee Mears is half a stone lighter than Youngs and has no where near the same levels of aggression.

Having said that Youngs should only go to SA as a member of the mid week team at the most, far to soon in his development for him to be starting a full test. Not because of any physical issues (he hits harder than most hookers) but because he needs to work on his throwing in.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:36 pm

also....Youngs is 5'9 and 16st 1lb

is that that much smaller than stephen moore at one stone heavier?

is it tooo small?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:41 pm

How big he is, is not the issue for me. The fact that he is not first choice for his club and is behind another English player at that club is. How can he be an England player when he can't even nail down a club starting jersey?

I am not saying that he never will be, just that talk of him going to South Africa this summer is just daft in my opinion. Needs to be regularly starting games for Tigers first.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
rodders wrote:
sirtidychris wrote:

Was about to use the same example. BOD is what, 5'9? 90kg at most?

Yeah he was listed at about 14st 10 on the IFRU site but looking at him recently 'd be surprised if he was much more than 14- 14.5 st. Certainly hes not a big bloke.

A good bigun will usually beat a good littleun but theres plenty good littleuns and bad biguns around and I know which I'd prefer Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

Allowing for the fact Tom Youngs is shorter as well.

Too much emphasis is placed on weight. Irrelevent of how big a player is if they have poor technical ability when going into contact you will be able to get the upper hand. How many times has Alesana Tuilagi been felled by a little winger who went low and around the knees? Loads of times because there's little you can do when someone smaller than you gets underneath you and hits low and hard.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:48 pm

People might shoot me down bu Rob Miller is starting to look like he really could be worth a tour place. He's top try scorer and if he continues to progress next year I predict he will challenging (Possibly overtaking!) Foden in the England pecking order. I feel that he has the potential to be a more rounded full back than Ben due to his Flyhalf kicking game without losing the attacking instict.

I am in no way saying that he is better than Foden or that he should take his place at the moment, simply that Foden may have a challenger waiting to be blooded.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

sirtidychris wrote:Given the love on here for youngs and allen what i'm about to write will be unpopular........Size matters

Anthony Allen another quality player but at 5ft 11 and 14 stone is not big enough to be a world class centre...ma'a nonu 6ft 16 stone.....frans steyn 6ft 3 17stone, jamie roberts 6ft 4 17stone. I know these guys are very good at club level but on the biggest stage against the best teams they will be found wanting. Martin Johnson knew this thats why he persevered with the much worse Hape/ tindall/ Banahan instead of giving Allen a much deserved shot.

And that worked out really well in the centres? Size matters but it is not the be all and end all. At the very least Allen's potential needs verifying on tour
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Cumbrian wrote:People might shoot me down bu Rob Miller is starting to look like he really could be worth a tour place. He's top try scorer and if he continues to progress next year I predict he will challenging (Possibly overtaking!) Foden in the England pecking order. I feel that he has the potential to be a more rounded full back than Ben due to his Flyhalf kicking game without losing the attacking instict.

I am in no way saying that he is better than Foden or that he should take his place at the moment, simply that Foden may have a challenger waiting to be blooded.

Possibly, he can join the growing queue in that respect!

Foden, Brown, Goode, Miller, Abs, May... in terms of talented players, England are fine (which is why the argument of "The AP isn't good enough in Europe and England will never be good enough because it doesn't produce enough talented English players" makes me laugh because it is so obviously false) but we need to find out if Lancaster et al can develop them and get the ebst out of them at an International level.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

Allowing for the fact Tom Youngs is shorter as well.

Too much emphasis is placed on weight. Irrelevent of how big a player is if they have poor technical ability when going into contact you will be able to get the upper hand. How many times has Alesana Tuilagi been felled by a little winger who went low and around the knees? Loads of times because there's little you can do when someone smaller than you gets underneath you and hits low and hard.

It actually helps players like Wade because not only do they naturally have a better tackling position and more condensed strength but players assume they can run through them because they don't seem to realise that tackling is 90% technique and mentality
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

Exactly Chequered. Hate to mention it, but the Shane Williams tackle on Banahan is a pretty decent example of technique over brawn.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:People might shoot me down bu Rob Miller is starting to look like he really could be worth a tour place. He's top try scorer and if he continues to progress next year I predict he will challenging (Possibly overtaking!) Foden in the England pecking order. I feel that he has the potential to be a more rounded full back than Ben due to his Flyhalf kicking game without losing the attacking instict.

Possibly, he can join the growing queue in that respect!

Foden, Brown, Goode, Miller, Abs, May... in terms of talented players, England are fine (which is why the argument of "The AP isn't good enough in Europe and England will never be good enough because it doesn't produce enough talented English players" makes me laugh because it is so obviously false) but we need to find out if Lancaster et al can develop them and get the ebst out of them at an International level.

I think its more nuanced than that old chap. In fact i think that if English clubs went further and played more heineken cup we'd be ok.

Rule of thumb that i challenged anyone to prove wrong is this:

If someone plays very well at Heineken cup level they will go well at 6N international level. the coaches can have that confidence.

That does NOT apply to the Premiership unfortunately.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

Relevantly ....."England are world champions at wasting talent" Graham Henry.....

who also said.....

"England players are smarmy. They are the height of arrogance. They are a shambles who should self destruct and start again" Graham Henry

and....

"Zero tolerance with players on disciplinary issues does not work. Lancaster is getting it wrong. We would put an arm around a player"

....Graham Henry

"England are spying on us at training. They are paranoid" Graham Henry

" I wont coach England that would be divorce. I have enough on my plate." Graham Henry

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

The Leicester half backs have done themselves out of any chance of being picked for England with yet another lesson in how to get a side scoring tries.
When they learn to win games 9-6 like the Tigers of old we may see some get called up alongside the Saracens.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:28 pm

Triangulation wrote:Relevantly ....."England are world champions at wasting talent" Graham Henry.....

who also said.....

"England players are smarmy. They are the height of arrogance. They are a shambles who should self destruct and start again" Graham Henry

and....

"Zero tolerance with players on disciplinary issues does not work. Lancaster is getting it wrong. We would put an arm around a player"

....Graham Henry

" I wont coach England that would be divorce. I have enough on my plate." Graham Henry

Does Henry understand irony?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

And on Allen, I'd like to point out that I have been pressing for him as England 12 for months on this forum now and am not joining any bandwagon just because he tore my team to pieces on Saturday!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Triangulation wrote:Relevantly ....."England are world champions at wasting talent" Graham Henry.....

who also said.....

and....

....Graham Henry

Does Henry understand irony?

Very Happy that is exactly what i thought when i read it back in 2005. He seems to reserve a particular kind of nasty otherwise out of character?? comment whenever England are concerned.

and yes you are on the bandwagon. admit it. stop deluding yourself. band-wagon rider...

when BOD said he was special after being beaten by Allen several times in a match that is when i got on the band wagon. BOD knows his stuff.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 23 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

Exactly Chequered. Hate to mention it, but the Shane Williams tackle on Banahan is a pretty decent example of technique over brawn.

That wasn't a great tackle by any means but it was a prime example of a big man going into contact with poor technique and showing that brawn is not a substitute for said technique. Williams actually went high, if Banahan had got the ball in the correct hand he could of handed off the smaller man or had he got some decent footwork changed angle and knocked him out the way.

And on Allen, I'd like to point out that I have been pressing for him as England 12 for months on this forum now and am not joining any bandwagon just because he tore my team to pieces on Saturday!

His form hasn't been that great this season, until the game against the Saints where he was outstanding and then the game against Quins was even better. Now he's back in form I'm calling for his inclusion in that squad like I was last season when he was in form.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 23 Apr 2012, 3:48 pm

That wasn't a great tackle by any means but it was a prime example of a big man going into contact with poor technique and showing that brawn is not a substitute for said technique. Williams actually went high, if Banahan had got the ball in the correct hand he could of handed off the smaller man or had he got some decent footwork changed angle and knocked him out the way.

The fact he got him down was more my point. I know it wasn't a good tackle. It at least showed that a foot in height and a 25kg weight difference doesn't always mean than the smaller player will come off second best.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Enough with the quibbling! This was done to death on another thread which i created.

606 hype team

marler
youngs
mullan
lawes
garvey
launchberry
armitage
morgan
simpson
cipriani
36/allen
joseph/trinder/lowe
wade
may
miller Very Happy

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

Ah, the old "concede a trillion tries but score a trillion and 1" approach. At least we'll be interesting to watch! Even Aus wouldn't play THAT many tyros in one team though...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:04 pm

Whilst we're talking about good performances from English players at the weekend, Whitehead at Chiefs had another good game and seems to have a decent rounded skill set. Might not set the world alight but could maybe do a job this summer in SA.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Whilst we're talking about good performances from English players at the weekend, Whitehead at Chiefs had another good game and seems to have a decent rounded skill set. Might not set the world alight but could maybe do a job this summer in SA.

damage limitation job???

"good"

"decent"

"do a job"

Pah!! Give me an overhyped young tearaway anyday. You know the type who might win or lose you a game with a play.

At least that way losing wont be boring and predictable!

Sally fooooooooooooooorth to RSA!!

Huzzar!

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

Lancaster talks and carries himself like a puritan roundhead for his masters at the rfu and their press flunkies.........and then goes and selects like a cavalier!!!

Saddle the horses for the antipodes there's a raiding party of young thrusters on powerful chargers snorting fire and sparking on the road beneath them!!!!

Chaaaaaarge!!!!

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:17 pm

Jonny May interesting, but not brill these last 2 games. Watch this space, still in development.
Sharples looks better each game.Cueto knocked himself out on Charlie's head Saturday. They patched up Charlie for a blood injury, sent him back on and he caught loose ball / side stepped beautifully and scored a try almost immediately.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

Triangulation wrote:Lancaster talks and carries himself like a puritan roundhead for his masters at the rfu and their press flunkies.........and then goes and selects like a cavalier!!!

Saddle the horses for the antipodes there's a raiding party of young thrusters on powerful chargers snorting fire and sparking on the road beneath them!!!!

Chaaaaaarge!!!!

Sink me Sirrah! I'll ride with you and be damned!!!!!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 23 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

Carpe: Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down