The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degale win, Lara & Jermain Taylor

+2
Herman Jaeger
Seanusarrilius
6 posters

Go down

Degale win, Lara & Jermain Taylor Empty Degale win, Lara & Jermain Taylor

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

James Degale got his stoppage win this weekend. Defence didn't seem to look too tight to me but perhaps that's because he was fighting a far smaller opponent whose power he clearly didn't respect. Not sure why this was in Denmark tbh and also, Degale, stop witht he slow arm raise. Looks like a fool.

Jermain Taylor eeked out a UD, but my oh my he is an accident waiting to happen. His chin is gone, got dropped again and next time he fights a puncher with good skill, he is done. Shame really cos Taylor can't see it.

Erislandy Lara looked sensational blasting out Hearns. Straight KO'd him, can't wait to see him back.

Didn't see Mares yet so can't comment

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Degale win, Lara & Jermain Taylor Empty Re: Degale win, Lara & Jermain Taylor

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:25 pm

I know what you're going to think Sean, but how about Degale against Taylor? Right here, right now.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

Degale would have a good chance to win tbh. He would eat left jabs but Taylor is gunshy with his right and his chin very shakey. Be a good test for Degale tbh.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:41 pm

It'd make for a great fight, I'd love to see it. Taylor still has the skills and the power to trouble most but he's definitely on the way out. It'd be a credible win for Degale should he be capable.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

Exactly. Taylor 6 years ago would have beat him, but this would be a very close fight now where Degale could stay in it for first 6 and really come on later as Taylor starts to gas. And Taylor will ALWAYS gas

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 24 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

Just watched the Lara KO of Hearns (posted below) - He looked very good in dismantling a guy who Sturm took 7 rounds to pick apart, not sure if it says more about Hearns chin than it does Lara's power, but good KO:

Taylor Round 9 (KD of Taylor) posted below. I agree with Sean, the minute he get's in the ring with anyone with any form of power and he's done.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 4:11 pm

School Project wrote:Just watched the Lara KO of Hearns (posted below) - He looked very good in dismantling a guy who Sturm took 7 rounds to pick apart, not sure if it says more about Hearns chin than it does Lara's power, but good KO:

Taylor Round 9 (KD of Taylor) posted below. I agree with Sean, the minute he get's in the ring with anyone with any form of power and he's done.

Nice one. Lara looked amazing didn't he. He almost needs to chill on the big KO's cos who will want him? ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

BTW, is there any post fight footage of Degale, interviews and such?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:32 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote: Degale, stop witht he slow arm raise. Looks like a fool.
He has done his fair share of talking to much, but I dont want my boxers like robots, a little bit of showman ship does not hurt. They work hard for a fight and when he gets the win has a right to enjoy it like that IMO.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:36 pm

tunes666 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote: Degale, stop witht he slow arm raise. Looks like a fool.
He has done his fair share of talking to much, but I dont want my boxers like robots, a little bit of showman ship does not hurt. They work hard for a fight and when he gets the win has a right to enjoy it like that IMO.

Fair point, and i like a bit of flash too, even in boxers whose personalities I do not like. So if that's what he wants to do, then fine. Probably being too hard on him. But I do find it annoying.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:50 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:BTW, is there any post fight footage of Degale, interviews and such?

I read somewhere that he just said he is just bummed about how little he has fought and wants to fight another 4 times this year. then get ready for a world title shot.

He also said he is a bit disappointed in it taking longer than he thought as he said he wanted the world shot before the London Olympics.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:53 pm

tunes666 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:BTW, is there any post fight footage of Degale, interviews and such?

I read somewhere that he just said he is just bummed about how little he has fought and wants to fight another 4 times this year. then get ready for a world title shot.

He also said he is a bit disappointed in it taking longer than he thought as he said he wanted the world shot before the London Olympics.

I agree he should fight more, but world title? No. He needs to be out every 3 months though. Where did you see that?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:18 pm

Yeah, but I think if he can get another 2 or 3 tricky fights under his belt while keep working on a few things then he could be ready providing the right opponent comes along...

Here a link to what I read

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/4274946/James-DeGale-put-through-his-paces-by-hero-Roberto-Duran.html

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 25 Apr 2012, 6:30 pm

School Project wrote:Just watched the Lara KO of Hearns (posted below) - He looked very good in dismantling a guy who Sturm took 7 rounds to pick apart, not sure if it says more about Hearns chin than it does Lara's power, but good KO:

Looks like Ronald has inherited the chin but nothing else.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 Apr 2012, 7:08 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:

haha, yup.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 25 Apr 2012, 7:31 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:

Loving that post John.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down