The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal Win Proves Nothing!

+6
LuvSports!
reckoner
TRuffin
Haddie-nuff
socal1976
hawkeye
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nadal Win Proves Nothing! - Page 2 Empty Nadal Win Proves Nothing!

Post by hawkeye Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

It seems like only yesterday that I was asking what Nadals win over Djokovik meant in terms of their rivalry. Stephanie Myles has the answer. Sorry Rafa winning Monte Carlo for an unpecedented, probably unrepeatable 8th time and crushing the present number one in the final means nothing. So don't get your hopes up about collecting any more trophies in the near future unless Federer is prepared to do you a small favour...

After seven straight defeats at the hands of the No. 1 player from Serbia, Nadal had finally managed to break the ice. "Thank you for letting me have this one," Nadal told Djokovic during the trophy ceremony.

But in terms of their recent one-sided rivalry, the win was fairly insignificant..... Djokovic wasn't even 50 per cent there on Sunday.
The Serb's beloved grandfather, Vladimir, passed away earlier in the week. And while Djokovic was publicly stoic after leaving the court in tears following his firstround win, he missed the funeral in Belgrade Saturday.

The only ray of light for poor Rafa is the alternative would have been dire.

But the victory, however obtained, will do Nadal some good if only because the alternative would have been absolutely soul-crushing. Just imagine if he had lost to Djokovic again, at the tournament he has owned his entire career, with his opponent a long way from his best.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Nadal+proves+nothing/6506760/story.html

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Nadal Win Proves Nothing! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadal Win Proves Nothing!

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

Novak was never going to win after Grandpa Vladimir passed. This is as good as its going to get for Nadal fans sorry!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:23 pm

The other thing I am disappointed with is Jamie Murray - a few years ago he was putting in great performances in the doubles (he even won a grand slam in the mixed doubles) - but his performances have tailed off too like so many of the British beyond Murray. Bally and Keathovong are solid top 60-120 players, Heather and Laura might go slightly better, but other players have tailed off during Drapers reign.

I know some people have supported Draper saying that there is only so much he can do - but he came in promising the world, but has only delivered Peckham.

(ps: Lags: it's fine to nit-pick as sometimes the nit might turn out to be an elephant (causing me to change my view etc) OK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Novak was never going to win after Grandpa Vladimir passed. This is as good as its going to get for Nadal fans sorry!

Your forgot to add " In my opinion" !!!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

Nore Staat wrote:The other thing I am disappointed with is Jamie Murray - a few years ago he was putting in great performances in the doubles (he even won a grand slam in the mixed doubles) - but his performances have tailed off too like so many of the British beyond Murray. Bally and Keathovong are solid top 60-120 players, Heather and Laura might go slightly better, but other players have tailed off during Drapers reign.

I know some people have supported Draper saying that there is only so much he can do - but he came in promising the world, but has only delivered Peckham.

(ps: Lags: it's fine to nit-pick as sometimes the nit might turn out to be an elephant (causing me to change my view etc) OK)

Jamie was "ruined by the LTA" remember? Draper has delivered nowt - more like a Brixton back alley than Peckham, IMVHO.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2