The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew

+19
manos de piedra
Super D Boon
Eyetoldyouso
Jimmy Moz
azania
Soldier_Of_Fortune
spencerclarke
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
hogey
AlexHuckerby
Knowsit17
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Sugar Floyd Louis
Steffan
School Project
BoxingFan88
Seanusarrilius
Double Jab
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tony Bellew Empty Tony Bellew

Post by Double Jab Fri 27 Apr - 21:43

I've been really impressed by him tonight. Brilliant shot selection accuracy and power and not forgetting an excellent double jab. Hopefully a world title tilt for him now. I would definitely like to see him get a rematch with Clev and do a job on him.

What did you guys think of his performance against an admittedly fairly limited fighter tonight?

Double Jab

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew Empty Re: Tony Bellew

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 27 Apr - 21:55

Really good stuff from Bellew. Mcintosh is nothing special but Bellew did a job on him. Very happy with that

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 27 Apr - 22:26

Really impressive from Bellew I am a Cleverly fan but if Bellew wins a few more and gets some fights for learning I think he can beat him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 28 Apr - 3:38

I haven't seen the fight myself but will catch up with it when I have the chance. Judging by the statements made herein seemed to have done pretty well. I never used to like the guy but I walked away a fan following the Cleverly fight due to the fact he came to win and the respect he showed after a very close fight that he could have walked away with a win from.

Glad to hear he may have improved!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Apr - 10:44

I hope Clev rematches him and shuts him up once and for all

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 28 Apr - 13:09

Would love to see it 2 fights down the line, Cleverly said he was injured last time so it would be a great fight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 Apr - 13:42

Steffan wrote:I hope Clev rematches him and shuts him up once and for all

Would be a great fight Steffan. Close again. Sadly Clev has no power (altough a good chin) so a tough distance fight is likey

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Apr - 14:01

A good Calzaghe v Lacy style beating would be good though. Clev was poor first time around. Lets hope if they do rematch he raises him game

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 Apr - 14:58

Steffan wrote:A good Calzaghe v Lacy style beating would be good though. Clev was poor first time around. Lets hope if they do rematch he raises him game
Clev was taken back by Bellew actually having half decent tech ability and boxing to a plan. Bellew wants it, I think it would be good for UK boxing

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 28 Apr - 15:07

Steffan wrote:I hope Clev rematches him and shuts him up once and for all

here here!! clap

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 28 Apr - 15:29

Clef won't fight him again, he still has the postmen, electricians, teachers etc to deal with. Bellew has his number. Warren knows it, hence the absolute disgusting match making post bellew.

But only a complete clown would take Cleverlys opponents serious....
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 28 Apr - 16:47

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Clef won't fight him again, he still has the postmen, electricians, teachers etc to deal with. Bellew has his number. Warren knows it, hence the absolute disgusting match making post bellew.

But only a complete clown would take Cleverlys opponents serious....

Here!!! Here!!! clap
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 28 Apr - 23:59

@davidblunketsuppercutt heart
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr - 0:17

I've said it since their first fight, a rematch ought to be on the cards at some point.

If Clev gets another date with Krasniqi and still manages to dodge Bellew, Sukhotsky and co. I am going to issue (another) mental scream furious

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Apr - 4:56

I think its harsh to shout that hes ducking Bellew given he has recently beaten him. Not a Clev fan but you would have to say that hes allowed to fight people other than Bellew, just as long as he stops beating up nurses...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Jab Sun 29 Apr - 10:07

Cleverlys choice of opponents has been shameful. Wouldn't be surprised if he signed to fight Steffan next.

Double Jab

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr - 14:04

AlexHuckerby wrote:I think its harsh to shout that hes ducking Bellew given he has recently beaten him. Not a Clev fan but you would have to say that hes allowed to fight people other than Bellew, just as long as he stops beating up nurses...

+1
Some (not all) of the criticism Clev has come in for is inevitably over the top. It's not as if he's been ducking Bellew ever since the latter first appeared on the radar, he's already beaten him in his own backyard (albeit narrowly).

It wouldn't be so bad if he was at least making an enthusiastic effort to fight decent names like Sukhotsky, Sillakh, Shumenov, Cloud, Campillo etc. Even fringe decent names like Yusaf Mack would be a breathe of fresh air compared to tomato cans like Krapency and Krapniqi. He looked hopeful initially but now the signs are pointing towards him turning into another Warren cash cow and letting his talent rot against mismatches.

Just to reiterate, Bellew deserves a rematch purely on the closeness of their first fight.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Apr - 15:26

I think without a doubt Bellew deserves a rematch somewhere down the line, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be just this second, and I also think Clev is entitled to fight a few other fights before him, just as long as they aren't as ridiculous as Karpency.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 29 Apr - 17:33

Bellew is still a relative novice and looking very impressive so far, considering the battle he gave Cleverly while he was still a bit wet behind the ears i say give him another few fights and an extra years experience and i could see him beating Cleverly fairly comfortably.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Apr - 17:35

Clev will beat Bellew like he did last time. Bellew is always running off at the mouth...and when Clev sees him...he should close it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 17:43

Cleverly and his dad are always having pops at Bellew but then won't fight him. Cleverly was supposedly levels above Bellew and was supposed to spark out the mouthy Scouser. Bellews right about Cleverly. They won't give him the rematch because they know next time Bellew will spark him out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 29 Apr - 17:47

Steffan wrote:Clev will beat Bellew like he did last time. Bellew is always running off at the mouth...and when Clev sees him...he should close it

hahaha

Clev is too busy scowling the classifieds for a mechanic to fight

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Apr - 18:42

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Cleverly and his dad are always having pops at Bellew but then won't fight him
But Cleverly did fight him Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Apr - 18:50

I love how a thread about a good performance by Tony Bellew has turned into yet another Cleverly hate thread by the usual suspects. No wonder the boxing part of this forum is so quiet

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 19:50

[quote="Steffan"]
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Cleverly and his dad are always having pops at Bellew but then won't fight him
But Cleverly did fight him Headscratch [/quote

Since the fight Cleverly and his muppet of a father want to have pops at Bellew but then duck him because they know the Scouse man will spark him out. Frank won't let it happen though because he wants another Calzaghe that's why Cleverly gets fed bums just like Joe did.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr - 19:57

As much as I lament Clev's recent activity, I doubt very much that Bellew would "spark him out". He didn't come close the first time so what's to suggest he'd do so now, only one fight later?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 20:01

He had an injured hand. People have believed that Cleverly was so poor against Bellew because he was injured but Bellew had an injured right hand but never used it as an excuse like Cleverly. Bellew is a puncher and Cleverly is there to be hit that is why I believe Bellew will spark him out next time unless Cleverly keeps ducking him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Apr - 20:03

Clev seems to have a good chin and the few times he did get through Clev seemed ok, tough to call could easily go the other way around, but would be suprised to see a KO either way in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 20:09

I said before the first fight that Bellew won and I think he did. The judges never but they very rarely get things right. I've never been impressed with Cleverly and can't say I'm that impressed with Bellew either but there is something about them that has always made me feel that Bellew has his number. Not sure why either.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr - 20:10

So what have Clev and his dad been saying about Bellew since? Both fighters seemed genuinely very respectful of each other after the first fight, Bellew in particular offering no excuses and tearing up, so I'd imagine the bad blood these two claim to have for each other is to promote their next meeting more than anything.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 20:14

Straight after the fight Cleverly and his old man were having pops at Bellew. Bellew this time has just said I don't like him and never will but he won't fight me.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 29 Apr - 20:20

I hope it does happen again somewhere down the line. I enjoyed the first fight and was suprised how competitive and close it was. Really could have gone any way. I'm actually a fan of Clev's, I liked how he worked through the belts. However his match up's of late have been disappointing to say the least. I hope it gets sorted soon as he's losing support quick, as shown on these boards. Nothing a decent line-up and result wouldn't change though.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Apr - 20:21

Warren says the fight won't happen because Bellew won't fight on Boxnation........

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Apr - 20:23

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote: Bellew is a puncher and Cleverly is there to be hit that is why I believe Bellew will spark him out next time
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:the Scouse man will spark him out
Ok heres a deal. Bellew sparks out Cleverly I never post on here again. Cleverly wins via points or KO you havnt gotta do anything

You up for that?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 20:24

He's not the only one which is a shame because I like the channel but I know why the fighters are saying it. DeGold wants out as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr - 20:28

Well Warren promotes both so it should be win-win as far as he's concerned, neither man will have lost beyond each other whatever the result so it's hardly damaged goods for ol' Frank Warren.

Out of curiosity, do you recall or have any links to the pops Clev and Vince made towards Bellew?

I strain to find a reason to support Clev but I can't condone his urine-poor recent choices of opponents. Bellew has it spot on in saying that despite being the loser, he's the one who has gunned for the tougher fights since and I'd much rather Clev fought him than the excuses of Krapency and Krapniqi.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 Apr - 20:33

Go on Cleverlys twitter feed and look for his tweets after the Bellew fight. They were just saying he came up short and he was crying because he embarassed himself on TV and in front of his sons.

Dewi Powwell some clown that works for Cleverly had a dig a Bellews Mrs as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr - 20:51

Sorry mate, I've looked and can't seem to find any such tweets...

Only one near the top that says Bellew looked exceptional against McIntosh and a rematch is inevitable.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Apr - 22:46

Warren only promotes Cleverly, doesn't matchroom have Bellew now?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 30 Apr - 1:02

Steffan wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote: Bellew is a puncher and Cleverly is there to be hit that is why I believe Bellew will spark him out next time
Ok heres a deal. Bellew sparks out Cleverly I never post on here again. Cleverly wins via points or KO you havnt gotta do anything

You up for that?

Clev by KO, steady on Steffan.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr - 9:43

Steffan wrote:

You up for that?

Of course mate although I'll be gutted if you never post on here again. Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr - 10:25

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
Steffan wrote:

You up for that?

Its a deal then OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 30 Apr - 10:28

BoxingFan88 wrote:Warren only promotes Cleverly, doesn't matchroom have Bellew now?

No Dave Coldwell is Bellew's promoter. Think Eddie Hearn helped him get the fight on Sky due to his links.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 30 Apr - 10:40

Steffan wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
Steffan wrote:

You up for that?

Its a deal then OK

You also said that if Clev signed to fight another bum after he beat the nurse you would then have to think twice about supporting him. Then he blatenly ducks his mandatory, Frank begs the WBO to allow the duck which they promised before the nurse fight that they would do. And then you roll on here defending it to the hilt.

Your hatred for Bellew is shocking Steffo, just because he tells the truth about the "public sector wrecker" Cleverly!! hehe
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr - 10:49

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Your hatred for Bellew is shocking Steffo, just because he tells the truth about the "public sector wrecker" Cleverly!! hehe
I dont hate Bellew I just find the guy annoying. He is good entertainment at times to be fair. Your hatred for Cleverly is beyond obsessive. Its your only purpose on here

Oh sorry forgot..........hehe

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 30 Apr - 11:09

I respect Clevery as a man and a mathematician. But as a fighter he is ducking mandatories and he gets the same treatment as any other fighter who does similar.

Excellent mathematician though Wink
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 30 Apr - 11:14

Clev isn't ducking anyone. Its not as it he is the match-maker or self promoted. Warren picks the fights and Clev fights whoever Warren puts in front of him.

What's the point of a rematch with Bellew? Beating a less that good fighter doesn't mean he should have a title fight. He should beat a contender. Why is he ducking contenders? Whistle

If they fought again, I expect Clev to KO Bellew. Clev is the better fighter. Simples.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr - 11:23

No Az you got it all wrong

Bellew just beat Danny McIntosh who Cleverly is ducking...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 30 Apr - 11:31

I have noticed actually that the Bellew fan club/Cleverly hate club have now got the tissues out because Bellew beat a fighter Cleverly dispatched of with total ease 3 years ago lol. I don't mind either fighter and would be happy to see a rematch but the Cleverly criticism on here is getting boderline madness and quite frankly, rather tedious.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Mon 30 Apr - 12:04

Jimmy Moz wrote:I have noticed actually that the Bellew fan club/Cleverly hate club have now got the tissues out because Bellew beat a fighter Cleverly dispatched of with total ease 3 years ago lol. I don't mind either fighter and would be happy to see a rematch but the Cleverly criticism on here is getting boderline madness and quite frankly, rather tedious.

Couldn't agree more thumbsup

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next