The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mosley v Canelo

+12
The Galveston Giant
DaveVDK
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Jimmy Moz
tobbox
Pedro147
TopHat24/7
paperbag_puncher
88Chris05
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
16 posters

Go down

Mosely v Alvarez

Mosley v Canelo Vote_lcap48%Mosley v Canelo Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 13 ]
Mosley v Canelo Vote_lcap48%Mosley v Canelo Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 13 ]
Mosley v Canelo Vote_lcap0%Mosley v Canelo Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mosley v Canelo Vote_lcap0%Mosley v Canelo Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mosley v Canelo Vote_lcap4%Mosley v Canelo Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 27

Mosley v Canelo Empty Mosley v Canelo

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed May 02, 2012 12:46 am

Ok, just want to see what the general consensus is on this one. Personally, I feel if Alvarez can set a fast pace early and make Mosely work then he might stop him after 6. Mosley seems ripe for the picking at the moment, at the end of the road. Will be live for 2/3 rounds, but after that I expect youth to take over.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Mosley v Canelo Empty Re: Mosley v Canelo

Post by Rowley Wed May 02, 2012 12:53 am

Sean just realised I voted Mosley KO, this was an error, meant to be Alvarez KO, when you produce the graph to represent the final result please take my stupidity into account, sorry

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed May 02, 2012 12:58 am

rowley wrote:Sean just realised I voted Mosley KO, this was an error, meant to be Alvarez KO, when you produce the graph to represent the final result please take my stupidity into account, sorry

We always do mate your special. laughing

I can't see Alvarez sparking Mosley out cold I think the ref will be forced to step in. Hopefully this is the last we will see of Mosley sadly I don't think it will be.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 am

Got a feeling that Mosley's fine chin and treasure chest of experience will see him to the final bell here, though he'll lose a wide, wide decision. Sadly, I'm anticipating another gun-shy performance from Shane in this one, with him going in to survival mode from the mid stages onwards.

Lots of chasing by Alvarez, a lot of holding up close by Mosley, perhaps a flash knockdown somewhere along the line, but Shane, true to form, to still be upright after the full thirty-six minutes of combat in a fight where Alvarez looks solid enough without really adding greatly to his reputation.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 am

rowley wrote:Sean just realised I voted Mosley KO, this was an error, meant to be Alvarez KO, when you produce the graph to represent the final result please take my stupidity into account, sorry

Can just see you back on here claiming all the credit if Mosley does manage to stop him....

I think Alvarez on points is a very likely outcome. Can see him being too busy but with Mosley still having enough about him to survive. Hope he retires after this he has nothing left to offer or prove at this stage.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 am

Like you kev do not see him getting sparked but Shane has always blown a bit hot and cold above 154 suspect like you have said if he starts taking a lot of shots against a young high output, strong fighter either his corner or the ref may well decide withdrawing him late on is the best course of action. Genuinely do not think shane has anything left, his performance against Manny was truly poor.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 am

Mosley has went through most of his training camp without brother Nas who has been with Hopkins up until Saturday night which can't have helped.

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 am

Bit controversial maybe but I think this is the end of the road for Sugar and the younger stronger fighter will load up the pressure to a referee stoppage in the championship rounds. TKO Alvarez.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed May 02, 2012 2:24 am

I have a treble which is Dawson on points, Mayweather on points and El Canelo by stoppage. Got 27/1 so I've voted Alvarez stoppage to keep in line with my bet Smile

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 am

Mosley's shot. The best result for him - and this is probably the most he and his camp are hoping for - is a wide UD loss. But I don't think he'll last the distance: Alvarez TKO in the later rounds.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed May 02, 2012 2:39 am

Alvarez takes this one for me. A possible late KO but my money would be on points.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 am

I think Alvarez will he the KO but it will be very tricky. Alvarez is a huge LMW so if Mosley tries to clinch he will be bullied sand throw about. The only problem I have with Alvarez is he has slow, although not bad footwork. Mosley showed vs pacquiao that he can still move around the ring without taking too much punishement. Mosley will be worse than he was vs PAC which isn't good for him.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed May 02, 2012 3:35 am

As i also voted KO I am taking this as a legit vote you meant to make mate Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed May 02, 2012 3:56 am

Cant see Moseley getting stopped, as past it as he may be, hes mixed it up with nearly every world class welterweights/ light middleweights his era has had to offer, really dont think Alvarez can show him something he hasnt seen before. Alvarez by a wide points decision.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 am

Mosley to be stopped but he may run the whole fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 am

Dont think SSM has the legs to run the whole 12 rounds. I see a late stoppage and many here proclaiming Saul the second coming.

Beating SSM will prove next to nothing about Saul.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 pm

I actually dont really know how this will go. Im less convinced of Alvarez than most in this and thus far I have been a little concerned at how easy Alvarez has been hit in his career. So far he hasnt really faced huge punchers so he can get away with guys like Cotto, Hatton and Rhodes tagging him but I would think Mosley if nothing else still carries a dig and might be capable of shaking up Alvarez if he lands. However on the other hand, Alvarez hasnt seemed to respect anyones power thus far so maybe when he does face harder punchers he will tighten up his fairly average defence.

The biggest question for me is what to expect from Mosley? Is he just showing up to survive at this stage or is he really coming to fight? I actually think at this stage in his career the added weight at 154 will help him and be a bonus. Hes definately a faded fighter from his best days almost a decade now but I thinks its possible hes not as shot as many believe and at least has a punchers chance in this. For a fading fighter then facing the likes of Pacquiao and Mayweather is going to make one look far worse than possibly Mosley might be.

Will be interesting to see if Alvarez can just bulldoze Mosley around the ring but I think if Mosley has a little more left in the tank, and a genuine will to win he might have his moments in the fight, especially early on because there is a still a rawness about Alvarez and he doesnt have the kind of skillset that Mayweather does nor the speed Pacquiao has to make Mosley look as bad as those two did. As the old adage is in boxing, power is the last thing to really go for a fighter and given how Alvarez has been so easy to hit so far I still fancy Mosley to possibly have reasonable success finding Alvarez and as he showed against Mayorga, Margarito and even Mayweather - he still has the power to rock fighters. Alvarez is a big guy but I think this fight might answer a few questions on his chin and durability because if he is able to walk through Mosley then that would indicate a guy that isnt chinny.

There alot of unknowns for me but I dont think I can pick against Alvarez. I think Mosley might do better than people think though in the first half of the fight at least.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 03, 2012 3:44 am

manos de piedra wrote:I actually dont really know how this will go. Im less convinced of Alvarez than most in this and thus far I have been a little concerned at how easy Alvarez has been hit in his career. So far he hasnt really faced huge punchers so he can get away with guys like Cotto, Hatton and Rhodes tagging him but I would think Mosley if nothing else still carries a dig and might be capable of shaking up Alvarez if he lands. However on the other hand, Alvarez hasnt seemed to respect anyones power thus far so maybe when he does face harder punchers he will tighten up his fairly average defence.

The biggest question for me is what to expect from Mosley? Is he just showing up to survive at this stage or is he really coming to fight? I actually think at this stage in his career the added weight at 154 will help him and be a bonus. Hes definately a faded fighter from his best days almost a decade now but I thinks its possible hes not as shot as many believe and at least has a punchers chance in this. For a fading fighter then facing the likes of Pacquiao and Mayweather is going to make one look far worse than possibly Mosley might be.

Will be interesting to see if Alvarez can just bulldoze Mosley around the ring but I think if Mosley has a little more left in the tank, and a genuine will to win he might have his moments in the fight, especially early on because there is a still a rawness about Alvarez and he doesnt have the kind of skillset that Mayweather does nor the speed Pacquiao has to make Mosley look as bad as those two did. As the old adage is in boxing, power is the last thing to really go for a fighter and given how Alvarez has been so easy to hit so far I still fancy Mosley to possibly have reasonable success finding Alvarez and as he showed against Mayorga, Margarito and even Mayweather - he still has the power to rock fighters. Alvarez is a big guy but I think this fight might answer a few questions on his chin and durability because if he is able to walk through Mosley then that would indicate a guy that isnt chinny.

There alot of unknowns for me but I dont think I can pick against Alvarez. I think Mosley might do better than people think though in the first half of the fight at least.

Agree with Alvarez being hittable, problem is Mosely is gun shy now, and Alvarez hits very hard himself. Harder than Pac Man and once Mosley feels Canelos power i think he may get a little gun shy again. Shanes live for 3 rounds, then he will fade. Also, how much power does Mosely have at 154 anyway?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I actually dont really know how this will go. Im less convinced of Alvarez than most in this and thus far I have been a little concerned at how easy Alvarez has been hit in his career. So far he hasnt really faced huge punchers so he can get away with guys like Cotto, Hatton and Rhodes tagging him but I would think Mosley if nothing else still carries a dig and might be capable of shaking up Alvarez if he lands. However on the other hand, Alvarez hasnt seemed to respect anyones power thus far so maybe when he does face harder punchers he will tighten up his fairly average defence.

Agree with Alvarez being hittable, problem is Mosely is gun shy now, and Alvarez hits very hard himself. Harder than Pac Man and once Mosley feels Canelos power i think he may get a little gun shy again. Shanes live for 3 rounds, then he will fade. Also, how much power does Mosely have at 154 anyway?

Well thats question for me. Im not convinced Mosley is gun shy neccessarily. His problem against Pacquiao and Mayweather was he struggled to get into position to get his shots off because of the class and style of the opponent he was up against. He managed to hurt Mayweather about as bad as anyone has in his career and with Pacquiao he settled for second place early enough but it was because he was getting soundly outboxed and outspeeded. Alvarez I dont think presents nearly as tough a target to Mosley which is a big issue in this fight for me. I can actually see Mosley finding Alvarez without too much difficulty. And I thik hes less likely to go into survival mode if hes actually having success himself and is encouraged by possibly hurting Alvarez. I watched the Cintron/Avarez fight and again I thought while Alvarez was able to win convincingly in the end he was still taking shots in that fight.

In terms of power, I would guess Mosley is probably the hardest hitter Alvarez has faced thus far even at 154. Mosleys power up there hasnt seemed badly effected. Think hes stopped the likes of Mayorga and Vargas there and he battered Margarito who despite being at 147 was probably close to 154 or above and had nver been manhandled the way Mosley did. So I would still see Mosley as a threat in that sense.

But Alvarez is a big fighter, hes young, hes fresh and for all I know maybe he will just be able to bully Mosley around the ring and take his power. But I just feel hes a much rawer and less polished fighter than Mayweather and Pacquiao which seems to the basis for writing off Mosley completely. Hes definately faded but I just think he might have enough left in the tank to cause Alvarez problems and I wouldnt be too surprised if it wasnt simply a case of Alvarez chasing a finished Mosley around the ring. I actually think Mosley still has the hand speed and possibly the power to be successful against Alvarez but ultimately this may not be enough in the long haul and unless Alvarez chin is suspect, then its hard to see Mosley winning over 12. I just think he has a better capability for causing Alvarez problems than most here feel.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu May 03, 2012 5:41 am

This fight is simply taking place for Alvarez to become the first man to stop Mosley. I'd imagine that his team will be disappointed with anything less.
Personally, I don't see him doing it.

I agree with Chris that the fight could probably end up being a rather tedious affair with the older man being forced to spoil the action in order to see the final bell.

Alvarez by UD.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu May 03, 2012 11:13 am

I can see Sugar Shane being pulled in the late rounds. He was complaining of cramp against Pacquiao, looked poor against Mora and agree that Shane can be gunshy when he's being beaten to the punch.

Sean, you up for some scorecards on the night? I promise mine won't be as bad as the Hopkins vs Dawson fight! lol

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down