The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it

5 posters

Go down

Who is the best person to manage the 606 allstars?

Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap14%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap5%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap18%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap0%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap0%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap5%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap9%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap9%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_lcap23%Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Empty Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 am

So, this is the 606 allstar team:

JPR Williams
Jonah Lomu
Brian O'Driscoll
Tim Horan (covering 10)
David Campese
Dan Carter
Gareth Edwards
Zinzan Brooke
Michael Jones (covering 6 and 8)
Richard Hill
John Eales
Martin Johnson (c.)
Jason Leonard (covering 1)
Sean Fitzpatrick
Os Du Randt

Subs

Graham Price, Keith Wood, Willie John-McBride, Ritchie McCaw, Joost Van Der Westhuizen, Philippe Sella, Christian Cullen

It needs a coach/manager, so I'm putting forth a list of candidates. Who do you want? If you want to suggest forwards/backs coaches as well, feel free Wink

Some might be controversial, but I have taken 20 from an article by Tony McKeevan, and the likes of Kidney etc on his list are there, I believe, mostly on Club merit. Argue with him.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Empty Re: Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu May 03, 2012 8:00 am

Although I know nothing about him directly, his record makes me choose Fred Allen. 14 matches, 14 wins is amazing. I want Telfer on my staff though
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it Empty Re: Genuinely last Allstar post- who coaches/manages it

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 am

I voted for Rob Dwyer. I presume you meant Bob Dwyer. Because I like the way the 91 Aussie team played rugby.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 pm

bump
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am

I went for Deano mainly because I'm amused by how people would react, but thinking about it seriously I might be tempted to go for Stuart Lancaster.

My logic is that a team like that has talent and skills to burn, but what it would need to play well would be to very quickly find a sense of cohesion that could knit these disparate talents together. I don't know all the coaches on the list, but I can think of several who've taken a long time to get their team to where it needed to be - Henry and Woodward needed two world cup cycles (and Woodward made a mess of the Lions), Gatland's Wales are finding form but have tended to follow a good season with a dire one, and so on. What Lancaster did in turning England into a competitive team is impressive in that context, and could be what a bunch of superstars needs.

However, there are downsides. He would probably have dismissed Campo (lip) and Leonard (beer) for disciplinary reasons by the end of the first week.
And a team that star-studded might need someone they can respect, who can equal anything they've done in the game. So how about Adrian Stoop?
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri May 04, 2012 2:56 am

The Needle because he was undefeated and also has recently died so nice to see the legend live on.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 am

I pick Sir Clive Woodward. Because he was the only coach to take England/ a NH team to win the Rugby World Cup.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri May 04, 2012 4:46 am

Forwards Coach - Jim Telfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pHqw4XZhPE
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri May 04, 2012 4:48 am

It's on my youtube playlist, along with Steve Jones holding a led in the 10,000m and the Searle Brothers at Barcelona. Great inspiration, what a man
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri May 04, 2012 4:49 am

A bunch of cats could move 300
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 am

I always laugh at that line.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down