The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles

5 posters

Go down

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles Empty Terrell Suggs tears Achilles

Post by BamBam Thu 03 May 2012, 3:05 pm

From NFL.com

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has torn his Achilles and will likely miss the 2012 season, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday.

Suggs was working out and doing drills in Arizona, which is his normal offseason plan. It's a huge blow for the pass-rush hungry Ravens, who will be without the reigning defensive player of the year.

I read a few rumours on Twitter that he was playing basketball at the time. Chances are it's a freak injury, but it will probably bring up the debate about what players should avoid during the offseason. It's a big blow to the Ravens, and they will have to hope that Courtney Upshaw is ready to play at a high level from day 1, considering they have already lost Jarrett Johnson. Hopefully Suggs recovers well, he is such a force on the defensive side and I love watching him play

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles Empty Re: Terrell Suggs tears Achilles

Post by Number-25 Thu 03 May 2012, 3:26 pm

Ouch! That's a sore one... for both Suggs and the Ravens. He's not a player you can easily replace.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 03 May 2012, 3:35 pm

Now Baltimore has lost it's premier pass rusher we will get to see how old Ed Reed has got in the secondary, as QB's will have more time to throw
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 03 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Off season activities are not up for debate here. Playing any other sport, as long as its not high risk (i.e. sky diving or motor racing) is not really frowned on by teams, as generally non-contact sport is good for fitness etc. There's nothing to say he couldn't have injured himself running for a cab etc.

The teams do frown upon lack of care (i.e. Big Ben's motorcycle antics) but I doubt there is anything built into contracts unless there is clear and obvious risk. They are no more at risk playing basketball as they are driving down the street (arguably driving is more dangerous!).

As to how big a blow, too true about Upshaw being key to the picture.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 03 May 2012, 5:09 pm

Turns out it was nothing to do with basketball, and he was preparing for a conditioning test at the time, he injured himself on a stop and go exercise. He has also said that it seems to be a partial tear, so may not be out for the season. Good news!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 05 May 2012, 5:52 pm

He's apparently hoping to be back around midseason, still think they're going to miss him while he's injured as he will be a hard person to replace. Also if we say he's until week 8 he'll miss playing Bengals, Eagles, Patriots, Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys, Texans.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down