The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Morality Brigade!

+13
ONETWOFOREVER
Adam D
eirebilly
Imperial Ghosty
The Galveston Giant
KingMonkey
manos de piedra
bellchees
Union Cane
Gordy
azania
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
17 posters

Go down

The Morality Brigade! Empty The Morality Brigade!

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 3:29 pm

So funny watching the Sky pundits such as McCrory and Nelson doing th rounds of anti Haye v Chisora. Also, reading the Hearns and Maloney moaning about this fight. McCrory thinks it's a travesty that this fight is being made when was still blatantly hopeful that Peterson v Khan might go ahead...when Peterson is a drug cheat! Oh, it just so happens that was going to be on Sky Sports.

Eddie Hearn is another one, if this was a Matchroom promotion they would be laughing all the way to the bank, just like Warren.

Don't get me wrong, anyone can think what they like, but take the pennies out of your eyes, boys.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The Morality Brigade! Empty Re: The Morality Brigade!

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 3:40 pm

It is funny how everyone is pretending to take the moral high ground yet we all know if this fight suited their agenda (and pockets) they would all be saying this fight is no problem and its what the public want etc. What I dont get is Warren fighters like Cleverly and Burns get stick for Frank 'protecting them' and making them 'stay at home fighters' which is fair enough yet Frank throws Chisora in the ring with the best (or 2nd best) heavyweight in the world on his own patch and everyone just commented on how disgraceful Dereck behaved and now Frank has lined him up with another big (and risky) fight and everyone is still moaning saying its a disgrace Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 3:57 pm

Chisora is racking up a list of tough opponents. Fury (not top but top 10,sadly) Helnius and Vitali. Now Haye.

The other promoters and non Boxnation pundits are embarrassing really. We all know what Frank Warren is, but this holier than thou stuff from Maloney et al is chronicles of ridicik

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 4:00 pm

Yes I would say Fury, Helnius, Vitali and Haye are all top 10 heavyweights so while Dereck is a bit volatile I really dont see peoples problem with him when other fighters get totally slated for not fighting the best. Dereck fights the best and still gets grief. I dont get it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 4:05 pm

He's not classy enough for some hang wringing liberals who want tears of contrition and pleads of forgiveness.

Chisora comes to fight and is a throwback to yesteryear to when guys fought all comers. Instead of deriding him, people should be applauding him.

Oh sorry. He needs to be humble and more classy.....like Ricky Burns.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 4:12 pm

azania wrote:Oh sorry. He needs to be humble and more classy.....like Ricky Burns.
Exactly OK

Ricky Burns is a nice guy but he is also a disgrace because he ducked Broner and Warren will protect him bla bla

Amir Khan wants to fight the best but he is a disgrace because he is arrogant bla bla

Fighters cant win anymore

Chisora does need to calm down a bit we all agree on that but all this moral bull about he shouldnt be allowed in the ring makes you realise how far some people have their heads shoved

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 4:56 pm

Frank Maloney was quite willing to take a gamble on Scott Harrison even after he'd done time for assaulting Spanish Police officers and (allegedly) his niece. Strange world Maloney operates in where he can now appear holier than thou.

I mentioned it yesterday but the BBBC were happy to attach their name to fights involving Bobby Gunn and Tocker Pudwill. Steve Smith failed in his bid to win the BRITISH LW title but a few months later he put on a couple of pounds and was suddenly good enough to face Hatton for his WBU LWW strap...all with the blessing of the BBBC and yet NOW they don't want to be involved as they suggest this fight in an afront to everything they stand for.

Haye v Chisora is a decent enough fight with nothing on the line except bragging rights and the hype has ramped up to the max (aka 11 if you're a Spinal Tap fan)...but it's a domestic fight at best. However, there have been plenty of mini-classics over the years at domestic level so who's to say this will be any different?

I'm also willing to bet that if Haye does a better job on Dereck than Vitali, then suddenly, all the talk will be about Haye's HW credentials again and the K's will come crawling out of the woodwork looking for another few quid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 4:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Frank Maloney was quite willing to take a gamble on Scott Harrison even after he'd done time for assaulting Spanish Police officers and (allegedly) his niece. Strange world Maloney operates in where he can now appear holier than thou.

I mentioned it yesterday but the BBBC were happy to attach their name to fights involving Bobby Gunn and Tocker Pudwill. Steve Smith failed in his bid to win the BRITISH LW title but a few months later he put on a couple of pounds and was suddenly good enough to face Hatton for his WBU LWW strap...all with the blessing of the BBBC and yet NOW they don't want to be involved as they suggest this fight in an afront to everything they stand for.

Haye v Chisora is a decent enough fight with nothing on the line except bragging rights and the hype has ramped up to the max (aka 11 if you're a Spinal Tap fan)...but it's a domestic fight at best. However, there have been plenty of mini-classics over the years at domestic level so who's to say this will be any different?

I'm also willing to bet that if Haye does a better job on Dereck than Vitali, then suddenly, all the talk will be about Haye's HW credentials again and the K's will come crawling out of the woodwork looking for another few quid.

I actually think that if Haye is going to win, then he will do so in decent style. Chisora will come at him and Haye should be able to time him with his speed. That said, Haye has dissapointed more often at HW than otherwise. But sod it! Great little domestic scrap with a huge crowd.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 5:02 pm

Haye knows he can win this one and should do so quite easily. If he loses then he may as well forget ANY hope of regaining a portion of the HW crown.

I doubt Haye will be interested in a fight with the winner of Povetkin/Rahman and will seek a match-up with Vitali if he wins in style.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Thu 10 May 2012, 5:19 pm

I think the Sky pundits are right on the money, good for them. I said all along this circus event would be a non starter with boxing fans and the fact that former professionals are condemning it merely confirms this. Good on sky for not showing these two thugs. I havent been supportive of Sky and their attempts to hype up mediocre boxers but Im glad to see they have figured the likes of Haye and Chisora out for what they are. This kind of event is what will turn people away from boxing and the fact Sky arent showing it highlights precisely why there is no demand for it.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 May 2012, 5:21 pm

Gordy wrote:I think the Sky pundits are right on the money, good for them. I said all along this circus event would be a non starter with boxing fans and the fact that former professionals are condemning it merely confirms this. Good on sky for not showing these two thugs. I havent been supportive of Sky and their attempts to hype up mediocre boxers but Im glad to see they have figured the likes of Haye and Chisora out for what they are. This kind of event is what will turn people away from boxing and the fact Sky arent showing it highlights precisely why there is no demand for it.

Are you for real Gordy?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012, 5:25 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Gordy wrote:I think the Sky pundits are right on the money, good for them. I said all along this circus event would be a non starter with boxing fans and the fact that former professionals are condemning it merely confirms this. Good on sky for not showing these two thugs. I havent been supportive of Sky and their attempts to hype up mediocre boxers but Im glad to see they have figured the likes of Haye and Chisora out for what they are. This kind of event is what will turn people away from boxing and the fact Sky arent showing it highlights precisely why there is no demand for it.

Are you for real Gordy?

He cannot be for real, no one can be that stupid.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Unlike Irish Prizefighter eh? 20,000 tickets sold already, son. Right or wrong, people are flocking to the fight. Whether it shows Warren has his thumb on the pulse or that some people have more money than sense is another matter.

Sky were more than happy to promote Haye/Harrison and the likes of Adam Smith nearly went insane trying to convince us Harrison had a chance (slimey corporate suck-up little twerp that he is). Don't sit there and tell me SKY are a right-minded morally superior bunch because that's utter drivel. They milked the PPV teat dry and blamed Haye once he'd lost. If Haye'd beaten Wlad, you'd all still be forking out to watch PPV events and SKY would be happy to take your money.

Everyone who paid for the Haye/Harrison PPV and expected a competitive match-up should have handed in their "I'm a boxing fan" membership card immediately. Certain posters on here are still bitter about it and slate Haye mercilessly but are unwilling to castigate themselves for their own stupidity.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 5:28 pm

Sky arent showing it because they dont have the rights to it. Otherwise they would be all over it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 5:29 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Sky arent showing it because they dont have the rights to it. Otherwise they would be all over it.

Thank You

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 5:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Unlike Irish Prizefighter eh? 20,000 tickets sold already, son. Right or wrong, people are flocking to the fight. Whether it shows Warren has his thumb on the pulse or that some people have more money than sense is another matter.

Sky were more than happy to promote Haye/Harrison and the likes of Adam Smith nearly went insane trying to convince us Harrison had a chance (slimey corporate suck-up little twerp that he is). Don't sit there and tell me SKY are a right-minded morally superior bunch because that's utter drivel. They milked the PPV teat dry and blamed Haye once he'd lost. If Haye'd beaten Wlad, you'd all still be forking out to watch PPV events and SKY would be happy to take your money.

Everyone who paid for the Haye/Harrison PPV and expected a competitive match-up should have handed in their "I'm a boxing fan" membership card immediately. Certain posters on here are still bitter about it and slate Haye mercilessly but are unwilling to castigate themselves for their own stupidity.

Told! Ha. Nice to have you back DAVE667. Did you have a kid? If so, congrats! If not, carry on.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Cant fault Sky for ditching ppv. They gave Haye the platform, but he didnt deliver.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Seanus, my daughter's just over three months old now which is why I've been away from the boards for a while. Thanks for allowing me to continue trying though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 5:36 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Cant fault Sky for ditching ppv. They gave Haye the platform, but he didnt deliver.
Agreed, but sounds like SKY also bought into Haye's hype and feel as stupid as those who paid for Haye/Harrison. Funny how SKY didn't kick up a fuss over that fight though did they (oh, that'll be because they backed the winning horse)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 5:42 pm

I think Sky were annoyed with Haye towards the end though. They began prioritising Khan over Haye in terms of dates. When the two clashed over dates in April 2011 they chose Khan, which is part of the reason the Klitschko fight happened in July.

After Harrison, I think Sky basically told Haye it had to be Klitschko to justify ppv.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 5:44 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Seanus, my daughter's just over three months old now which is why I've been away from the boards for a while. Thanks for allowing me to continue trying though.

Isn't it the trying that makes it all worth while. Very Happy

Congrats man, that's great news.

The only thing that frustrates me about this Haye Chis card is the fact that because it is Boxnation, Warren will have to spread his stable out over the summer instead of sticking them on a really good undercard like he did for the magnificent 7, which was pretty good.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 10 May 2012, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 5:44 pm

Haye delivered the Wlad fight and made Sky a great deal of money...strange they should be so cold towards him. Still, we've got F1 in HD to look forward to. Well done SKY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 5:47 pm

Mitchell just tweeted he will be fighting Burns on the 14th July. OR should be, this could be very entertaining card.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 5:50 pm

I dont know how much money Sky make off ppv. I was reading an article recently with a HBO executive in it and he was saying the networks dont actually make a huge amount from the ppv and its largely the athletes that get the money. I dont know how true it is but Im not sure what the advantages of ppv hold for a network. PPV genrates buys but drastically shrinks the viewing audience so I imagine they can charge as much for advertising as they could if it was non ppv.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 10 May 2012, 5:51 pm

I hope it's at least half decent so it justifies my fifty quid seat. That said, when you think that Audley wants nearly that to watch him up against a bum in a leisure centre it's already pretty good.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 10 May 2012, 6:03 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I dont know how much money Sky make off ppv. I was reading an article recently with a HBO executive in it and he was saying the networks dont actually make a huge amount from the ppv and its largely the athletes that get the money. I dont know how true it is but Im not sure what the advantages of ppv hold for a network. PPV genrates buys but drastically shrinks the viewing audience so I imagine they can charge as much for advertising as they could if it was non ppv.

Yeah, read the same article. Interesting that. Arum must make a bazzilion dollars from his then.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 10 May 2012, 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 10 May 2012, 6:04 pm

Fifty pound is decent KM, as long as you aren't at the very back anyway. If Burns v Mitchell is added and maybe a Degale, Danny Williams, Groves and Scott Harrison it will be one of Warrens best ever cards in my opinion considering the state of the sport at the minute.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 6:39 pm

Well its going to turn 40,000 people backwards to west ham football stadium.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 6:43 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Fifty pound is decent KM, as long as you aren't at the very back anyway. If Burns v Mitchell is added and maybe a Degale, Danny Williams, Groves and Scott Harrison it will be one of Warrens best ever cards in my opinion considering the state of the sport at the minute.

What??? Shocked Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 10 May 2012, 6:49 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Fifty pound is decent KM, as long as you aren't at the very back anyway. If Burns v Mitchell is added and maybe a Degale, Danny Williams, Groves and Scott Harrison it will be one of Warrens best ever cards in my opinion considering the state of the sport at the minute.

I know they're excellent seats. Upper tier but right at the front of it so fifty quid is decent. It becomes excellent is Burns Mitchell goes ahead though.

Personally I can't see Mitchell wanting to risk his British Licence.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 6:53 pm

Maybe Sauerland could provide a couple of decnt fighters that wont have licence issue hanging over them.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 6:57 pm

If the BBBC strips boxers of their licence for taking part on the bill, they will be sued and will more than lilely lose. The BBBC are just concerned about losing their monopoly. Welcome to competition.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 7:02 pm

azania wrote:If the BBBC strips boxers of their licence for taking part on the bill, they will be sued and will more than lilely lose. The BBBC are just concerned about losing their monopoly. Welcome to competition.

I dont know if becomes a legal issue or how it works but I agree that I think the BBBC grounds for potentially stripping a fighters licence would be flimsy and possibly hard to enforce or justify. However Im not sure its a headache many fighters would want to risk. I dont think the BBBC "bringing the sport into disrepute" charge would hold up if no rules have been broken by Warren.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 7:05 pm

I think they'll take the risk and imagine Warren would cover them for any legal eventualities.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 10 May 2012, 7:08 pm

The BBBofC wont take any action against anyone involved they just want to be seen to be doing something.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 7:15 pm

True

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 7:17 pm

I dont see a problem with this fight going ahead. At the end of the day, whoever loses the fight will probably have no chance of a shot at the World Titel so there is alot riding on it.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 7:27 pm

McCrory cant talk. He basically got his fight with Lewis out of winding him up and shoving him in a hotel carpark at the Boxing Writers Dinner.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 10 May 2012, 9:01 pm

Everyone who decries this fight is bang on the money.

And it is 100% to do with the morality brigade.

EVERY single boxing fan moans about governing bodies and corruption in the sport.

However, now that its a fight that people want to see, it is absolutely fine to ignore bans, ignore governing bodies and use money to put on an event.

By supporting this fight, it shows that things like Seans petition are actually hypocritical.

WE WANT THE SPORT CLEANED UP! WE WANT AN END TO CORRUPTION! (unless its for a popular match up.)

This whole fight stinks. I am not saying that its not of interest but its dragging the name of boxing to new lows. And for everyone who ignores that fact, you are complicit to all the other filth that permeates through the sport - corrupt refs, dodgy scorers, fighters ducking others...the list goes on.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 9:09 pm

Seans petition is about bad scoring and house fighters getting the nod when they dont deserve to. For once there is a fight the fans want to see and the governing body is miffed because they cocked things up in the first place. They are not dictators yet their indefinite ban was dictatorial. Plus their lax attitude for the appeal hearing was ridiculous. Yes Chisora was out of order. He's apologised. Move on. They should have given him a ban for 6-12 months. Had they done that, non of this would have happened. They can't leave him hanging there wating for them to get their rear ends in gear. Its his livelihood they're messing with.

Maybe now they can review their status and realise that without boxers they are nothing. Its not the other way around.

Sod the governing bodies anyway. I want to see fights, enjoy them and be entertained by them. This will deliver it. Or is could be a waste of time.

WE WANT POPULAR MATCH UPS.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 10 May 2012, 9:32 pm

I really hope that Chisora does not become another fighter who ends up leaving Warren in the future because my gosh how Warren has come through for him is amazing.

First Warren lands a heavyweight title shot against Wlad, then after Wlads "injury" Warren lands a huge domestic fight against Fury which Chisora looses only for Warren to get him a European title against a top, top heavyweight contender that AGAIN Chisora looses only to be rewarded with the mother of all title fights against thee heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko which Chisora again LOOSES and low and behold he is lined up for the most talked about domestic heavyweight showdown in years against former WBA heavyweight champio Haye which you just know if Chisora wins he will most likely get another crack at the heavyweight title.

Warren has done the buiz for Chisora you must admit.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 9:40 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I really hope that Chisora does not become another fighter who ends up leaving Warren in the future because my gosh how Warren has come through for him is amazing.

First Warren lands a heavyweight title shot against Wlad, then after Wlads "injury" Warren lands a huge domestic fight against Fury which Chisora looses only for Warren to get him a European title against a top, top heavyweight contender that AGAIN Chisora looses only to be rewarded with the mother of all title fights against thee heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko which Chisora again LOOSES and low and behold he is lined up for the most talked about domestic heavyweight showdown in years against former WBA heavyweight champio Haye which you just know if Chisora wins he will most likely get another crack at the heavyweight title.

Warren has done the buiz for Chisora you must admit.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves by heaping praise on Warren here. He knows that there is a shed load of money to be made and the longer it drags the publicity the brawl gave them would die down. He wanted to cash in quickly. But generally you are correct. Chisora owes Warren big time.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 10 May 2012, 9:50 pm

Warren usually does the biz for all of his fighters - its the others who usually get shafted.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Thu 10 May 2012, 9:53 pm

"However, now that its a fight that people want to see, it is absolutely fine to ignore bans"

Can I just ask, what bans? Surely that is the issue? The Board's failure to hand out a ban was amateurish and they've been left with egg on their face.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu 10 May 2012, 10:12 pm

azania wrote:He's not classy enough for some hang wringing liberals who want tears of contrition and pleads of forgiveness.

Chisora comes to fight and is a throwback to yesteryear to when guys fought all comers. Instead of deriding him, people should be applauding him.

Oh sorry. He needs to be humble and more classy.....like Ricky Burns.

Mate, it's not the liberals amongst us that get upset over this sort of things- it's the conservative Daily mail reader brigade!

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 10 May 2012, 10:21 pm

The board need to realize that this is the oldest sport in the world. Its carried out in all spheres of life. When I was at school we had fighters ally just around the corner from the school. When ever a beef started inside school it was finished in fighters ally to the chorus of "fight,fight,fight".

If 2 men want to throw down and enough people want to see it the fight will happen. It happens in school, on the streets, in prison, in the arena you can't stop it its part of life for men to test themselves in combat. From bare knuckle contests to the marqee of queensbury rules any fight if demanded can take place. To save face they should have worked with Warren.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Fri 11 May 2012, 2:33 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:The board need to realize that this is the oldest sport in the world. Its carried out in all spheres of life. When I was at school we had fighters ally just around the corner from the school. When ever a beef started inside school it was finished in fighters ally to the chorus of "fight,fight,fight".

If 2 men want to throw down and enough people want to see it the fight will happen. It happens in school, on the streets, in prison, in the arena you can't stop it its part of life for men to test themselves in combat. From bare knuckle contests to the marqee of queensbury rules any fight if demanded can take place. To save face they should have worked with Warren.

clap funny I was thinking this the other day, much as I love football more, I can guarantee a punch was thrown before a ball was kicked. I know I'm stating the obvious but it's sad that a sport with the most history has fallen off recently Sad

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down