The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It?

+9
Hero
Crimey
Josef K.
Duty281
The Special Juan
Smirnoffpriest
compelling and rich
Ent
GSC
13 posters

Go down

Out of 10?

The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap10%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap0%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap0%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap30%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap30%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap20%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_lcap10%The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Empty The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It?

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012 - 17:16

Well that's another season done and dusted. Heartbreak to see my team relegated, but all our own fault. So my question is out of 10 how would you rate the season?

Back to top Go down

The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Empty Re: The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It?

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012 - 17:24

I gave the season 7/10.

There have been some exceptional moments, but for me for the seasons that Newcastle, Norwich and Swansea had were stunning. Pardew was an inspired appointment and credit also to Rodgers and Lambert also deserve credit for keeping their teams away from the relegation zone for most of the season.

Mancini for guiding City to their first title in 44 years. Spurs and Arsenal had excellent seasons.

As for Man Utd, with all the criticisms some of their players and De Gea had a solid 2nd half of the season. To miss out on goal difference just shows the quality they still have.

Liverpool and Chelsea with seasons to forget. AVB turned out to be special for the wrong reasons. Liverpool woeful season.

As for the teams that went down. Farce at Blackburn. In the media for all the wrong reasons. Wolves sacking McCarthy. Bolton very unlucky to go down. Credit to QPR to keep themselves up.

Back to top Go down

The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It? Empty Re: The Premier League Season 2011/12 How Would You Rate It?

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012 - 17:40

I'm going for an 8/10. Yesterdays drama has bumped it up a tick. What a breathtaking day that was!

I don't think the quality is what it has been in years gone by but from an entertainment standpoint it's been it's usual self.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 May 2012 - 17:48

9/10.

Overall the quality wasn't that great, but plenty of teams were in contention for every important point.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 14 May 2012 - 18:30

Worst in quality for a long time, possibly ever.

Dramatic though.

5/10.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 14 May 2012 - 18:49

terrible, we got beat of city twice then they pipped us at the death. of course im biased, but do feel the standard of the league is poor this season. shown by this current poor united team getting so many points. arsenal, chelsea, liverpool are all poorer than previous years and the relegated teams were awful. first season that all promoted teams survied tells its own story

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:01

I gave it an 8 mainly for the unpredictability and the end of season drama. Quality wasn't the best from the top teams - underlined by a poor united team getting so close to the title, Arsenals abject start to the season (and mauling at united) ever team in the top 7's slumps. But there was great quality shown by Norwich, Swansea, Newcastle & Wigan at the end, also none of the 'smaller' teams showed any fear when playing the bigger sides which made for an interesting season.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:09

I gave an 8. A lot of matches were good but an Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea team of a few years ago would have romped to victory. There wasn't great quality though. Liverpool were dreadful especially.

Norwich, Swansea and Newcastle made the season for me.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:09

7/10.

The drama has been unrivalled but the quality, particularly the defending, has been worse than in previous seasons.

Man City - Effectively bought the title.
Man United - Threw the title away, need a world-class central midfielder and maybe another FB.
Arsenal - Came 3rd, did as expected. They desperately need to keep RVP.
Tottenham - Threw 3rd place away. Need to keep Bale and Modric.
Newcastle - Will be very very pleased. Alan Pardew has a great platform to try and take 4th next season.
Chelsea - AVB failed but RDM has had a great start to life at Stamford Bridge. Will probably finish top 4 next season.
Everton - Still doing impressively well on such a small budget.
Liverpool - Poor signings and a poor manager. I feel they need to get rid of "King" Kenny.
Fulham - Will be pleased to have got in the top half.
WBA - Overachieved, will need to build on the good platform that Roy has left.
Swansea - Tipped for relegation and came 11th, fabulous achievement. Think they'll go down next year though.
Norwich - Tipped for relegation and came 12th, fabulous achievement.
Sunderland - Going nowhere really.
Stoke - Appear to be on the decline.
Wigan - Another survival story for them, Martinez has laid the foundations for bigger things.
Aston Villa - Poor choice of manager.
QPR - Probably unwise to sack Neil Warnock but they survived, just.
Bolton - 4 wins at home just isn't good enough.
Blackburn - Crap owners and crap support. Won't be missed.
Wolves - Stupid to get rid of Mccarthy and bring in a completely inexperienced replacement.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:19

There seems to be a lot less 'nothing' teams languishing as there seemed to be a few years ago. I wouldn't count out a side like Stoke, Villa or Sunderland challenging in the top half next season. The Premiership as lots a lot of it's predictability and you could say we've lost out in Europe because of it. But a few years back, people were complaining that the 'big 4' were untouchable.

The big 4 no longer exists, I believe in terms of overall quality and depth the league is stronger than ever.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:22

I gave it 7/10.

It would have got 9 if it wasn't for the poor season Liverpool have souring what was an excellently entertaining season of football, with the most goals ever in a 38 game season.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:34

I gave it 9.

Overall the quality of players within the league has diminished compared to 4-5 years ago but as a result it is making the league more exciting as although the top 2 clubs were a mile ahead of the others there's now no longer a big four and upsets seem to more likely. And although my team lost out on the last day of the season there is no denying the magnitude and excitement of the season being decided in such a manner.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 14 May 2012 - 19:43

Do people really prefer slack defending, ponderous play and tactically inept sides just because there's surprises?

Watch the championship if so, let's get back to quality teams going deep in Europe and playing good football.

United and chelsea to strengthen, hopefully arsenal will too.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Mon 14 May 2012 - 20:27

Maybe my eye isn't as educated as yours Ent, but I don't see anymore inept tactics or slack defending than in years gone by.

Teams that came up never used to be able to play good football, because they didn't get their tactics right and didn't have the personnel. Now they've got better footballers and more nouse. For teams like Swansea and Norwich everything behind the scenes has improved, from scouting to ProZone assessors. I think that's why it's evened, not got worse.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 14 May 2012 - 20:33

For entertainment they it was up there but for actual quality it has been fairly poor. Still the most entertaining league in the world though. So many coupon busters week in week out!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 15 May 2012 - 9:02

A very exciting, refreshing season even without the incredible climax. Most teams (Villa fans would probably disagree) tried to get the ball down and play attractive, attakcing football. Despite the number of goals Man U scored, I would not include them in the list of exciting sides as they played some rather dour, albeit effective, football.
Yes, some of the defending was not good which led to some fairly interesting scorelines. Some would argue that the fact that almost anyone could beat anyone showed a lack of real quality. I would say that the surprise results were welcome. When the top sides dominate everyone complains the Premiership is too predictable. When there is real competition for places then it's seen as a poor season.
It was also good to see teams coming up from the Championship who could really play.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 May 2012 - 17:30

10 OUT OF 10 BECAUSE WE STAYED UP Yahoo

But seriously I would give it an 8 out of 10. And to the people that say the three promoted sides staying up is a sign of the diminished quality in the Premiership, it is a representation of how strong the Football League especially the Championship is becoming. Norwich have used players with little to no Premier League experience with players mainly coming from the Football League to stay up. This for me is a sign of how much talent is in the Football League, maybe some other teams should look in our football pyramid than abroad for players.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 15 May 2012 - 23:34

8/9 for me, based on the fact that 09-10 was a 10 and this one was almost as good as that.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down