The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?

+10
wayne
Cari
munkian
Knowsit17
XR
Smirnoffpriest
2ndtimeround
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
LordDowlais
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?  Empty Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 8:34 am

After reading a thread about the Irish province attendances for this season, it made me think about our own regions, with the Blues moving back to the capital and the Ospreys very ambitious new season ticket scheme, the Scarlets and Dragons attendances slowly improving year on year, what do we think the most likely outcome will be for next season ? I think at the moment that the Welsh public are in a really good mood with rugby in general in Wales especially after the performances of the national side, and certain decisions made by the regions, so I think we will see a dramatic increase in attendances across the four regions, I for one now that all the talk around where I am from is this new season ticket offer that the Ospreys are doing and people are talking about buying them as birthday presents for their kids or husbands as they can get a share as well, also I have heard a lot of talk about people now thinking of going to watch the Blues now that they have moved back to the capital. This can only be seen as good news as far as I am concerned and I hope that it is not all built on shaky foundations, so what does everyone else think ? thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?  Empty Re: Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 18 May 2012, 9:13 am

The Blues moving back to CAP will be an interesting one to see if the numbers will increase on a regular week in week out basis. So called fan power has helped push the move through so if the don't now back it up with their feet then what next?

The other Regions will still have a rsolid regular fan base but unless the O's can regulalry pull in 10,000+ their games will still lack atmosphere in a 20,000+ seater stadium
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?  Empty Re: Regional attendances, what can we expect next season ?

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 18 May 2012, 9:28 am

The average attendances should go up considereing that last season was a RWC year, so some people would have spent their dosh on a trip to NZ as opposed to going to see regional rugby. Also some people would have missed out on the first few months of the season, as they didn't want to go see developement sides playing seeing as the internationals were all away. So on those grounds I can see the attendances creaping up from last year.

I can see the arguements for he Ospreys and Blues attendances raising. However with the Blues, I think they will need to hit the ground running, a loss or two at the start of the season will kick the new found optimisum to touch. And with the Ospreys, whilst the season ticket pricing/deal seems good, I know from personal experience that a lot of people talk about getting season tickets, and then reality hits them that they will need to plan their lives around the season, and the tickets never materialise.

From a Scarlets point of view I would be over the moon if we can just keep our attendances where they are, as IMO that is probably a realistic goal. And for the Dragons I guess they pretty much have it sorted out for the bigger games, but they need to get folk in for the smaller games now too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 18 May 2012, 9:47 am

Swiped from another thread

Mickado wrote:
Team Location Average Attn.
Aironi Stadio Zaffanella3503
Blues CCS 7811
Connacht Sportsground 4653
Dragons Rodney Parade6098
EdinburghMurrayfield 4135
Leinster Aviva Stadium 48365
Leinster RDS 15306
Leinster Total 18312
Munster Musgrave Park 7896
Munster Thomond Park 19722
Munster Total 15421
Ospreys Liberty Stadium 7686
Scarlets Parc y Scarlets 9006
Treviso Stadio di Monigo 3900
Ulster Ravenhill 8386
Warriors Firhill 4016

Its not looking to bad in comparison to Ulster for the Welsh regions, I guess we just like to bitch and moan about how bad things are.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 18 May 2012, 9:50 am

SS,

I have always said that the one good thing the Dragons and Scarlets done was try and keep the grounds small and compact still.

We haven't increased our dramatically so there is still a good atmosphere even for the small games whilsyt PYS is waht 15,000 capacity?

So even if you can regularly pull in 8-9000 there will be a good atmosphere as its over half full then
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 18 May 2012, 9:57 am

I can see The Scarlets, the O's and the Blues all achieving averages close to the 10k mark next season, the Dragons figures wont be helped by the loss of players but they should at least match this years. As long as the regions continue with the recent trend of bringing through Welsh youngsters the attendences will continue to grow.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 18 May 2012, 10:32 am

Bedford - the Scarlets are kind of sneaky with the way they deal with the crowds. They only open the stands that are required. So for friendlies only the south stand will be open, for smaller games only the north and south, and then they open the west and east ends as required. That does seem to maintain the atmosphere better as you do tend to feel like your sitting in a packed stadium, as opposed to a half empty one. Also it does have the advantage of them being able to reduce their overheads (such as bar staff/stewards etc in the closeed parts). Also the atmosphere does seem to reflect the performances on the pitch, so at the moment it is pretty much back to how it was at Stradey Parc IMO atmosphere wise.

I think the major problem with attendacnes is that CCS and Liberty (and PYS to a point) are bigger than genreally required, and the empty spaces make it appear to be a small attendance. A bit like the football international at the MS.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 10:41 am

How recent are those figures SS?

Interesting to see that the Scarlets are the third best attended side in the Rabo behind Munster and Leinster, and that the (much maligned) Blues had a bigger average attendance than the Ospreys.

I expect the Scarlets attendances to keep creeping towards the 10k mark, particularly with all the good work their are doing in the region. I'd hope that with the Ospreys playing a more exciting brand of rugby and IF they win the league then hopefully the attendances will start getting back to the 9k avg they were a few seasons ago. Same with the Blues with the move to the CAP - though they'll need to strengthen and get some coordination to their play to ensure they win a fair few of their early games and build on the new enthusiasm - fingers crossed though, but I don't see dramatic increases and as a result you'll still have lots of people slagging off the regions and all the doom and gloom stories even if the attendances increase

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 18 May 2012, 10:48 am

There will obviously be a big spike in attendace at the CAP for the blues. I will be more interested with the numbers for the games in January when the buzz has died down about being back and we get an idea of how they're performing.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 18 May 2012, 10:50 am

gc,

Yeah the will obviously be an initial surge but a cold damp Friday evening game will be a good indicator of how successful the move back will be.

I think all 4 Regions have their die hard/hard core fans that go whenever they can but in thi financial market its all about recruiting the new fan and next generation.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 10:51 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:gc,

Yeah the will obviously be an initial surge but a cold damp Friday evening game will be a good indicator of how successful the move back will be.

I think all 4 Regions have their die hard/hard core fans that go whenever they can but in thi financial market its all about recruiting the new fan and next generation.

And hoping they don't boycott your games Whistle

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 11:05 am

Well, call me a glass half full person if you like, but I am very optimistic about the regions next season, I think average attendances will be up across the board and I also tink that the Ospreys will be a force to be reckoned with, but eh ho, I have been known to wrong in the past. Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 11:09 am

LordDowlais wrote:Well, call me a glass half full person if you like, but I am very optimistic about the regions next season, I think average attendances will be up across the board and I also tink that the Ospreys will be a force to be reckoned with, but eh ho, I have been known to wrong in the past. Wink

I hope that the Ospreys will be a force next season and can truely unleash their backs/backrow forwards - but how do you feel they'll cope with the loss of P James - hopefully they'll still have their devistating scrum, but that loss could unsteady it.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 18 May 2012, 11:09 am

Smirnoff - this seasons stats (but like I said I did half inch them, because I am cheeky and lazy). But I agree the stats do seem to shout out, the welsh regionsa re doing ok, and people on here (and the nation in general) are pretty silly and tend to jump onto what a muppet in the press says and take it as fact. Also it shows how easy we can whip ourselves into hysteria when actually there is nothing wrong.

P.S. there is going to be a celotape shortage soon, better stock up now.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 11:12 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Smirnoff - this seasons stats (but like I said I did half inch them, because I am cheeky and lazy). But I agree the stats do seem to shout out, the welsh regionsa re doing ok, and people on here (and the nation in general) are pretty silly and tend to jump onto what a muppet in the press says and take it as fact. Also it shows how easy we can whip ourselves into hysteria when actually there is nothing wrong.

P.S. there is going to be a celotape shortage soon, better stock up now.

Sellotape shortage!!! Shocked Crying or Very sad censored NNNOOOO!!! How will I stick up my beautiful posters of Jiffy now????

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 11:28 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Well, call me a glass half full person if you like, but I am very optimistic about the regions next season, I think average attendances will be up across the board and I also tink that the Ospreys will be a force to be reckoned with, but eh ho, I have been known to wrong in the past. Wink

I hope that the Ospreys will be a force next season and can truely unleash their backs/backrow forwards - but how do you feel they'll cope with the loss of P James - hopefully they'll still have their devistating scrum, but that loss could unsteady it.

I think Bevington will be a more than able deputy, he might not be as strong(yet), but he will offer more in the loose and at the breakdown, then if they want to go for the power in the front row they still have good old Duncan Jones. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 11:31 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

I think Bevington will be a more than able deputy, he might not be as strong(yet), but he will offer more in the loose and at the breakdown, then if they want to go for the power in the front row they still have good old Duncan Jones. Yahoo

True it would be good to see Duncan get some more game time (though I would prefer that gametime to come at the Scarlets...)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 11:45 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

True it would be good to see Duncan get some more game time (though I would prefer that gametime to come at the Scarlets...)

What do you mean, is playing for you or against you ? Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 11:48 am

Seeing as the Scarlets broke the 9K mark this season, without actually winning anything or progressing to the really important stages in the competition, I just hope we continue to improve our performances on the pitch, and keep edging towards the 10K mark. Getting a 10K average would be absolutely amazing for us I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 12:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

I meant playing for us and battling Rhodri Jones for the jersey Very Happy I know it's a pipe dream but think the Ospreys could share some love and just give him to us wrapped in a bow (or just give him to us with an afro comb)!
What do you mean, is playing for you or against you ? Wink

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 12:03 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Seeing as the Scarlets broke the 9K mark this season, without actually winning anything or progressing to the really important stages in the competition, I just hope we continue to improve our performances on the pitch, and keep edging towards the 10K mark. Getting a 10K average would be absolutely amazing for us I think.

Definately 10k in a 14k stadium would be fabulous considering we aren't even a decade old yet. Hopefully if we can improve (with some good signings at lock and prop) then we can kick on and seriously challenge for the 3rd/4th spot without the handicap of the WC - that should then help draw in bigger crowds and push us up towards the 10k a bit more.

It seems Richard Gere was right - "Build [PYS] and they will come"!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 1:03 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Seeing as the Scarlets broke the 9K mark this season, without actually winning anything or progressing to the really important stages in the competition, I just hope we continue to improve our performances on the pitch, and keep edging towards the 10K mark. Getting a 10K average would be absolutely amazing for us I think.

Definately 10k in a 14k stadium would be fabulous considering we aren't even a decade old yet. Hopefully if we can improve (with some good signings at lock and prop) then we can kick on and seriously challenge for the 3rd/4th spot without the handicap of the WC - that should then help draw in bigger crowds and push us up towards the 10k a bit more.

It seems Richard Gere was right - "Build [PYS] and they will come"!

Aren't you sure it was Kevin Costner who said that in field of dreams. laughing

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 1:21 pm

I really need the face palm smiley!!!

Of course it was - though in my defence it is a shocking film and neither are particular favourite actors of mine

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 1:23 pm

here, here smirnoff, I only know because my misses made me watch them Rolling Eyes Honest Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 18 May 2012, 2:51 pm

I'd be very disappointed if the Ospreys/Blues attendances didn't increase next season. The oldschool posse in Cardiff has its moral victory over the executives by forcing them to relocate back to the Arms, I can't see what the problem there would be now. The O's have their new season ticket deal in place which should at least draw another few thousand.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 2:57 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:I'd be very disappointed if the Ospreys/Blues attendances didn't increase next season. The oldschool posse in Cardiff has its moral victory over the executives by forcing them to relocate back to the Arms, I can't see what the problem there would be now. The O's have their new season ticket deal in place which should at least draw another few thousand.

You never know it could be that they protest that the rugby on the pitch is dire, or that Peter Thomas is still running the club and they want him out, or that he hasn't invested any money on a class front row and they won't turn up until he does...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 18 May 2012, 3:01 pm

What is the new ticket deal the O's have got on? and if the Blues fail with crowds again what will the old school posse do then?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 3:03 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:What is the new ticket deal the O's have got on? and if the Blues fail with crowds again what will the old school posse do then?

Buy Ponty RFC and move it down to Cardiff?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 18 May 2012, 3:04 pm

laughing
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:What is the new ticket deal the O's have got on? and if the Blues fail with crowds again what will the old school posse do then?

Buy Ponty RFC and move it down to Cardiff?

Whistle ooooo Priest thumbsup
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 May 2012, 3:05 pm

Smirnoff, as a Scarlets supporter, I really don't think you should be bating the Cardiff fans about throwing their toys out of the pram with the history you west Walians have of doing it. OK Just let bygones be bygones and get on with supporting the regions. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 3:20 pm

I know sorry people I guess I'm just a bit cranky and although really glad at the optimism at the Blues and the fact their back at the CAP - I read a comment about the Blues finally being back in Cardiff and it might have annoyed me as the CCS is only a mile or 2 from the city centre. (It would be a nice walk if it wasn't through Riverside)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 18 May 2012, 4:15 pm

I've walked there a couple of time safter dark and never had any trouble.

Rodney Parade on the other hand...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 18 May 2012, 4:49 pm

munkian wrote:I've walked there a couple of time safter dark and never had any trouble.

Rodney Parade on the other hand...

Really I've walked past the Dave to quite a few gigs (in the Newport Live Arena and for my sins TJ's) in the past and never seen much trouble (true it's never the nicest, but the City centre is worse).

While I've never enjoyed walking down the route to the CCS (true I ain't seen any trouble) but would much prefer to walk down Cowbridge Road instead.

But maybe it's just my predujices

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 May 2012, 7:30 pm

I think there'll most certainly be an increase in attendances at CAP. Many Blues supporters boycotted home games previously because they were at the CCS. Many will probably start to purchase season tickets again too. I think the capacity is, what, around 11/12K at CAP? I don't think it'll be full to the brim every single week, but there'll be a decent showing at a lot of games, not just the odd important one, and at any rate the atmosphere will be better and attract those who wouldn't normally go to rugby. The Welsh derbys will most certainly sell out there too.

The Ospreys have been clever this season in offering different membership deals to suit all types of fans. I think these memberships have been popular so far as they are a very good deal with games working out cheap. Will be interesting to see how that shows on attendances.

Bedford - Here's a link to the leaflet explaining all packages. They've got a different deal to suit every type of fan. To illustrate, I could go for the Chic Ospreys Membership (especially for female fans) or the OSC Exiles Club for those who don't live in Ospreylia and could only get to a few games. Smile

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/downloads/OspreysSeasonTickets2012-2013.pdf

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 May 2012, 7:42 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:...the CCS is only a mile or 2 from the city centre. (It would be a nice walk if it wasn't through Riverside)

Smirnoff, for someone who chose to live in Cardiff (under protest it seems) I find your negative attitude towards Cardiff quite disappointing - I've seen you do it a few times on this board. To get to the CCS you don't have to walk through Riverside at all if you really find it that daunting - get the bus or share a taxi! I live in Riverside (have done so for 10/11 years), it's not as bad as you make it sound and I can think of worse areas in this city to be wandering through. No one forced you to move to Cardiff I'm sure, you could've gone anywhere in the world. A place is what you make it. Like Joe Strummer (The Clash) once sang "You should get to know your town, just like I know mine..."

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 18 May 2012, 8:07 pm

Sorry to be pedantic,I don't know where the original person had their attendances from, the Ospreys official average attendances for RD games including the SF is 7964, with the Heineken Cup added it averages out at 7720, finally with LV games added it drops to 7304.
I'm not trying to be facetious here but to the Scarlet supporters, do you believe your attendance figures are anywhere near paying customers?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 18 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Cari

I'm Cardiff born and bred, worked near the CCS for years (before it was there) and went there regularly when it was first opened.... Riverside is pretty rough!!! Lets not advertise it as a rainbow land full of pony's and buttercups!!!

The CCS in reality is not in a bad place, much more accessable by Car, but it just doesn't make sense! The CAP is the best club ground locationwise in the world IMO, bars all around, bus and train links within metres, and a great atmosphere on game day. I for one, and many I know are getting our season tickets for next year!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 May 2012, 8:29 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Cari

I'm Cardiff born and bred, worked near the CCS for years (before it was there) and went there regularly when it was first opened.... Riverside is pretty rough!!! Lets not advertise it as a rainbow land full of pony's and buttercups!!!

So am I (Cardiff born and bred). However, I've moved away to various places and come back. I wasn't suggesting it was all sweetness and light, but I'm fed up with the way people knock the place - especially those who choose to make Cardiff their home and haven't seen much of it at all. Yes it has its rough bits (name a town/city that doesn't have them) but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be either. Perhaps we've different perceptions of what is "rough". I do tend to have a holistic approach to places.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 8:34 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Definately 10k in a 14k stadium would be fabulous considering we aren't even a decade old yet.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre/the_scarlets.php?section=3

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 18 May 2012, 8:37 pm

I am from Ely, and used to live in St mellons. I now live in a poor area of Newport...

And Riverside scares me!

But seriously, it's not odd to see druggies under the railbridges, there are a few pubs I wouldn't go in, and I once played football there, and saw a 14 year old boy get a scalpal to the stomache!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 May 2012, 8:48 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I am from Ely, and used to live in St mellons. I now live in a poor area of Newport...

And Riverside scares me!

But seriously, it's not odd to see druggies under the railbridges, there are a few pubs I wouldn't go in, and I once played football there, and saw a 14 year old boy get a scalpal to the stomache!

I'm not saying those things don't happen, but they're not unique to Cardiff. Getting back to my point earlier, I feel disappointed that people who choose to live in Cardiff make rhetorical negative statements like that about the place on a forum like this. Smirnoff's being a case in point. You don't even have to walk through Riverside to get to the CCS. Anyway, it's irrelevant now unless you're a football supporter.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 8:50 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:I'd be very disappointed if the Ospreys/Blues attendances didn't increase next season. The oldschool posse in Cardiff has its moral victory over the executives by forcing them to relocate back to the Arms, I can't see what the problem there would be now. The O's have their new season ticket deal in place which should at least draw another few thousand.

They got out of CCS because the CAP property development plan went ***s up big time and they couldn't afford the huge rent and costs at Leckwith any longer. Another season and that would have been it. If a few thousand fans staying away caused the move back to CAP then it just shows how fragile the situation was.
As a result of this failed CCS venture Cardiff Blues are further in debt to the bloke who took the team to CCS in the first place. Still more problems to overcome i'm afraid to say.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 8:56 pm

BOGOF.
Crowds at CAP will vary. Some games will be well attended and some won't.
More importantly though is our future sustainability.
CAP being CAP will guarantee that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 18 May 2012, 8:57 pm

Dave

Don't harsh my buzz already mate, stay positive for a few weeks before we get back into the bull***t that is the Blues!!

I'm happy to be ignorant and deluded for now!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 18 May 2012, 9:09 pm

Bit off track I know but with the Blues moving back to the CAP does that mean Glanmors gap will stay as it and not be re developed

Last edited by bedfordwelsh on Fri 18 May 2012, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 9:10 pm

wayne wrote:Sorry to be pedantic,I don't know where the original person had their attendances from, the Ospreys official average attendances for RD games including the SF is 7964, with the Heineken Cup added it averages out at 7720, finally with LV games added it drops to 7304.
I'm not trying to be facetious here but to the Scarlet supporters, do you believe your attendance figures are anywhere near paying customers?

Can't speak for the Scarlets, but Cardiff Blues at CCS exaggerated their attendance figures massively. Many times the actual attendance was only 65% of the announced total and during the 3 years at CCS they issued 1000s upon 1000s of free tickets and free ticket vouchers.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 9:16 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Dave

Don't harsh my buzz already mate, stay positive for a few weeks before we get back into the bull***t that is the Blues!!

I'm happy to be ignorant and deluded for now!!

I dream of being ignorant, again.
You're right though. Let's rejoice that we're back home where we belong.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 9:21 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Bit off track I know but with the Blues moving back to the CAP does that mean Glanmors gap will stay as it and not be re developed

No idea, but CAP is an excellent and very valuable bargaining tool. Yahoo

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 18 May 2012, 9:32 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:Sorry to be pedantic,I don't know where the original person had their attendances from, the Ospreys official average attendances for RD games including the SF is 7964, with the Heineken Cup added it averages out at 7720, finally with LV games added it drops to 7304.

Can't speak for the Scarlets, but Cardiff Blues at CCS exaggerated their attendance figures massively. Many times the actual attendance was only 65% of the announced total and during the 3 years at CCS they issued 1000s upon 1000s of free tickets and free ticket vouchers.
CD, that is what I was alluding to, I and my family live north of Bridgend, my son in law recently left the employment at Corus in Llanelli and he told me there were free tickets available at the works every home game, there are ST holders at the Ospreys who went to see Liam Williams from his original club in his Scarlets debut and they are still being offered free tickets for Scarlets games. I'm not doubting their attendances are improving and I'm hoping that it happens across the board in Welsh Rugby.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 May 2012, 10:24 pm

wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

CD, that is what I was alluding to, I and my family live north of Bridgend, my son in law recently left the employment at Corus in Llanelli and he told me there were free tickets available at the works every home game, there are ST holders at the Ospreys who went to see Liam Williams from his original club in his Scarlets debut and they are still being offered free tickets for Scarlets games. I'm not doubting their attendances are improving and I'm hoping that it happens across the board in Welsh Rugby.

This is why attendance figures are not an accurate reflection of the health of pro rugby in Wales although some spout otherwise. Some have suggested that Cardiff Blues need to attract 10,000 per game at CAP next season which is in fact total garbage. They had a reported 11,000 at a Connacht game the season before last at CCS, but the vast majority paid absolutely nothing at all to attend. That it not helpful for the club. My hope is that tickets for Cardiff Blues games are sought after. In other words they are valued once again and people go out of their way to buy one be it £20, £25 or £30.
12,000 all paying punters at CAP will do for me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next