The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Partridge to return

+7
mystiroakey
harris.margaret9
Thomond
ncfc_Tooze
Dave.
Dass
Hero
11 posters

Go down

Alan Partridge to return Empty Alan Partridge to return

Post by Hero Fri May 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Steve Coogan has announced that there are to be two new series of Alan Partridge made. They will though be shown on Sky Tv rather than with the BBC which is eyebrow raising seeing as he was involved in the News Corporation's phone hacking scandal.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Alan Partridge to return Empty Re: Alan Partridge to return

Post by Dass Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Absolutely awesome, this has made my day.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 pm

BALD BRUMMIES!!!!!!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat May 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Alan Partridge to make long-awaited TV return next month - with a second series also planned for 2013

Spoiler:
TV star Steve Coogan filming his new show on Norwich Market. Photo by Simon Finlay

Norwich’s favourite fictional radio and television star Alan Partridge will make his long-awaited television return next month.

Partridge’s creator Steve Coogan has struck a deal with Sky Atlantic to screen a pair of one-off shows, plus a revamped version of his online series Mid Morning Matters.

Mr Coogan was seen filming scenes as Partridge outside City Hall and on Norwich market last December.

And now fans will be given a glimpse into the character’s native Norfolk from June in the one-hour special Alan Partridge: Welcome to the Place of my Life.

This will see Partridge tour the county, showing places that shaped the man he is today.

In another programme, Alan Partridge On Open Books With Martin Bryce, the radio DJ is interviewed in front of a book club. Partridge will give his insight into his passion for books and tips on being a writer.

Alan Partridge Mid Morning Matters: Special Edition, will be a revamped version of his online series on the fictional digital radio station North Norfolk Digital.

This series will take the format of six half-hour episodes and will be screened from “late June”, according to Baby Cow Productions, a company co-owned by Mr Coogan. Partridge will also get a second series, which will follow in 2013.

Mr Coogan said: “Alan has been off the TV for too long but he is even more excited than me about his chance to have a second bite of the cherry. Alan feels the second decade of the millennium is the right time.”

Partridge previously appeared in a number of BBC shows, beginning life on radio and moving to the screen for series such as Knowing Me Knowing You.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/alan_partridge_to_make_long_awaited_tv_return_next_month_with_a_second_series_also_planned_for_2013_1_1382749

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Kiss my face, Jackanackanory, Jurrasic Park!, Back of the net etc, etc.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by harris.margaret9 Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Was eagerly waiting for something interesting.

harris.margaret9

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri May 25, 2012 9:54 pm

quality Smile cheers for the heads up!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:18 am

Made my day

I knew they were making a movie but this is just as awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm

teaser
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/video/2012/jun/01/alan-partridge-norfolk-sky

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:44 pm

starts 9 on monday

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Alan Partridge film will be set in Norfolk, reveals Armando Iannucci

Alan Partridge will be staying in Norfolk in his upcoming big-screen adaptation, it has been revealed.

The DJ and presenter will also show viewers around his favourite Norwich hotspots in a show on Monday night.

Writer Armando Iannucci spoke about the film at a Bafta screening of Veep, his latest project, confirming that Alan would still be working at radio station North Norfolk Digital.

“Alan is in Norwich. It’s not ‘lan goes to Hollywood; it’s not ‘lan invaded by aliens or anything like that,” he said.

“He’s on North Norfolk Digital, which is taken over by a bigger media conglomerate and has its name changed to Shape. And that kicks everything off.”

The film has been written, Iannucci added, and will go into production this year or early next year.

Alan Partridge: Welcome to the Places of My Life is on Sky Atlantic at 9pm on Monday.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:10 pm

starts tonight

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:29 pm

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 am

Was extremely funny, and I watched with a housemate of mine who'd never seen it and it had him in stitches too.

I particularly laughed at the Nazi dog bit at Norwich town hall

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 pm

City Hall
And
Its A lion Wink

In other news The movie will be out in august next year

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm

http://www.edp24.co.uk/what-s-on/video_unseen_footage_from_first_episode_of_new_alan_partridge_programme_filmed_in_norfolk_1_1421741

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:57 pm

here it is for anyone who missed it and wants to see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQycFIDzgNw

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Alan Partridge open books on now

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:22 pm

I watched open books yesterday evening after downloading it last week. I didnt think it was as good as the first but still quality viewing!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Has anyone been watching Mid Morning Matters? Just finished this week, thought it was very good.

I hear there's a second series on the way.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Filming of the movie has started

Alan Partridge to return 2247479693

A grimacing gunman stands on Cromer pier - but the “aha-med” and dangerous man is none other than Alan Partridge.

CommentsEmailPrint
It is new darker, desperate side to Norfolk’s adopted fictional TV and radio presenter who is known for his pompous posturing and self importance - rather than being on the police “wanted” list.

And it will be revealed when a feature film about the controversial character is realised this autumn.

The patience of Partridge groupies and film fans braving the icy chill of Cromer seafront yesterday on the second day of filming was rewarded when they saw actor Steve Coogan with the gun outside the pier’s Pavilion Theatre, not far from a shelter which has been turned into a shooting gallery.

The film crew is keeping the details of the incident close to its chest, so the exciting climax of the movie is not spoiled. But it is known to involve a car chase from Norwich to Cromer locals have been warned to expect gunshots.

Producer Kevin Loader said yesterday: “Filming is going well. It has been great so far and everybody has had a good time. The Red Lion has had a lot of custom. Steve Coogan is really thrilled with the progress so far. The cast and crew are really enjoying being in Cromer.”

He added all the north Norfolk sequences would be filmed in the day and most of the Norwich scenes would also be shot in the day, but some would be filmed at night.

Some extras have come from Norfolk and others have been drafted in from London to play police officers.

Amid a fleet of fake police cars and ambulances around the pier, there was also a small platoon of real officers, who were there to provide public reassurance about the gun-toting antics on the pier which were just make-believe.

However some hotels and businesses in the town - and the local lifeboat - are reaping real-life benefits of the 140-strong film crew being in town.

Richard Leeds, owner of Randalls Electrical on Church Street, said crew members had bought several lamps and lamp shades for scenes which would be shot in London.

“It is an advantage and quite handy for this time of year,” he added.

Mr Leeds who is also involved with the RNLI said they got a £500 fee from the movie people for some scenes they wanted to shoot from the boathouse, which were not taken in the end.

Peter Stibbons, president of the Cromer Chamber of Trade, said the film was “good news” for the town and added: “It is absolutely admirable that they decided to spend a few bitter cold mornings on Cromer Pier. We feel Steve Coogan’s commitment to Norfolk is great.”

Cromer Pier manager Ian Hall said the cast and crew had created a “mini economy” in the town during their stay and the film would hopefully attract more visitors to north Norfolk.

However, barring a few closed off sidestreets, life has gone on virtually as normal in the resort.

A Radio Norwich van outside the hotel was also flanked by emergency vehicles - all part of the props for the comedy epic.

Stacey Hannah, 28, a barmaid at the Red Lion Hotel, said yesterday: “We had about 30 of the crew come into the hotel last night and we had a laugh. They are all very friendly and we enjoy their company. We are going to notice it when they leave, which is a shame. They have brought a bit of summer back into the hotel even though it is cold outside.”

Cast and crew members have also used the Hotel de Paris during their stay and it is believed they have also used other hotels on the promenade.

A few Partridge fans did brave the cold weather to catch a glimpse of their comedy hero, who was spotted in a cream jacket on the pier.

Lawyer Stu Power, 39, from Holt, said: “I have been a Partridge fan for 15 years. I wouldn’t miss it for the world. It is great Steve Coogan has come here.”

Dean Reeve, 41, a retail manager from Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, said: “I’ve brought along my 16-year-old son who is a big fan. It would be a shame if the movie was filmed anywhere else other than Norfolk.”

Filming on the pier and promenade which began on Sunday is due to finish today before moving to Sheringham town centre tomorrow and around Norwich Market Place on Thursday and Friday.

(http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/alan_partridge_filming_continues_on_cromer_pier_1_1954240)

Alan Partridge to return 2442844742

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down