The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand

+8
Breadvan
Cardiff Dave
Stone Motif
Cari
sugarNspikes
Casartelli
mrzimmerman
Cymroglan
12 posters

Go down

Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand  Empty Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand

Post by Cymroglan Sat 19 May 2012, 3:32 pm

Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand for season memberships

As they prepare for next week's RaboDirect PRO12 Final against Leinster in Dublin, the Ospreys have received a welcome boost with the news that season memberships for the 2012/13 campaign have already soared past the final figure for the current season less than four weeks after going on sale.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When sides play with a bit of flair people will want to go and watch them. Personally I think the clear out has done the Ospreys a world of good they are turning out to be a enjoyable side to watch.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand  Empty Re: Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 19 May 2012, 3:51 pm

Don't be so naive! Ospreys are looking good but the sales are more down to the pricing than our recent performances. I'm not saying our form hasn't helped BUT if the bogof hadn't been introduced we wouldn't be looking at these kinds of sales figures.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand  Empty Re: Ospreys enjoying unprecedented demand

Post by Cymroglan Sat 19 May 2012, 4:10 pm

Naive ?I'm not sure what I said that would make you think that I was being naive.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 4:11 pm

Ospreys did "Buy One Get One Free"???

Is that serious?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 19 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Yes on all full season member packages.
http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/5278.php

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 4:24 pm

As long as they're not losing money it makes sense to introduce these type of offers to bring in new fans. It's better to play in front of a larger crowd.

10,000 at £5 a head is better than 5,000 at £10 a head, even though the revenue is the same*

*I've no idea of the actual figures!

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 4:33 pm

I think the Membership packages are a fantastic idea - whether you think it's a sales gimmick or not, it's still clever. There's a different package for every type of fan. For instance, I could go for the Chic Membership (Ladies) or the OSC Exiles (supporters who live outside Ospreylia):

Full details of each package here:
http://www.ospreysrugby.com/downloads/OspreysSeasonTickets2012-2013.pdf

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 4:45 pm

"THIS IS YOUR CAUSE!!!"

But we also got an early bird offer and a BoGoF if "THE CAUSE" isn't quite enough of a...you know...err...cause...

So this is essentially a way for a rugby club to announce that membership is at 'unprecedented' levels? Even though they are selling less tickets???

This isn't clever - it's juvenile. It assumes that the loyal, paying, fan is stupid, which is just plain wrong.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Are they were counting the 'free' one in the BOGOF as a ticket 'sold'?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 4:51 pm

Casartelli - In what way does it assume that the fans are stupid? To me it seems, they've made it more flexible for those who want to be regular season ticket holders, but have different needs. That is understanding your fanbase, not treating the fans as idiots.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 4:56 pm

Cari wrote:OSC Exiles (supporters who live outside Ospreylia):

In other words, the fat valleys glory-supporter's offer. Don't forget your free jerseys!
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 4:58 pm

Okay to run the special offer - they have the right to do whatever they want.

But then trying to spin it as 'unprecedented demand', when it's a free giveaway, is just silly. Makes them look like school-leavers having a crack at a 'task' on The Apprentice.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 5:02 pm

Casartelli wrote:Okay to run the special offer - they have the right to do whatever they want.

But then trying to spin it as 'unprecedented demand', when it's a free giveaway, is just silly. Makes them look like Casartelli trying to undermine the regions, again and again and again and again

Fixed for you clart OK
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 5:06 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

In other words, the fat valleys glory-supporter's offer. Don't forget your free jerseys!

That's not the example they use in that link, but I suppose they would be elligible...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 5:07 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Casartelli wrote:Okay to run the special offer - they have the right to do whatever they want.

But then trying to spin it as 'unprecedented demand', when it's a free giveaway, is just silly. Makes them look like Casartelli trying to undermine the regions, again and again and again and again

Fixed for you clart OK

There are no regions, only superclubs.

But if you're the type to get excited by these attempts at 'marketing' - then good luck to you. I have no axe to grind.

As long as the test team keep winning in the 6N, the superclubs can revel in their incompetence for as long as they want. Very Happy

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 5:08 pm

Casartelli wrote:

But then trying to spin it as 'unprecedented demand', when it's a free giveaway, is just silly.

It's not a free giveaway though...do read the whole thing properly if you're going to bitch about it. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 5:09 pm

That's not a dig, by the way. The Ospreys marketeers have got an excellent understanding of the Welsh sporting fan's mindset. Hence the amount of jerseys they shift.

Speaking personally however, if you're seen in Gwent with any of that kit you should be forced to go and live in Port Toilet.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 5:10 pm

Stone Motif wrote:That's not a dig, by the way. The Ospreys marketeers have got an excellent understanding of the Welsh sporting fan's mindset. Hence the amount of jerseys they shift.

Speaking personally however, if you're seen in Gwent with any of that kit you should be forced to go and live in Port Toilet.

Thankfully Ospreylia stretches beyond Port Talbot... Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Cari wrote:
Casartelli wrote:

But then trying to spin it as 'unprecedented demand', when it's a free giveaway, is just silly.

It's not a free giveaway though...do read the whole thing properly if you're going to bitch about it. Rolling Eyes

From the Ospreys own website;

Season memberships FAQs;
Who qualifies for BoGoF?
Buy one get one free offer is available to everyone who purchases a 2012/13 season membership. Existing, returning and first time members are entitled to claim an additional free membership for someone who was not a 2011/12 member.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 5:13 pm

Casartelli wrote:

But if you're the type to get excited by these attempts at 'marketing' - then good luck to you. I have no axe to grind.

As long as the test team keep winning in the 6N, the superclubs can revel in their incompetence for as long as they want. Very Happy

Talking out of your dot again.

http://newportgwentdragons.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21328
http://newportgwentdragons.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21333
http://newportgwentdragons.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21211

And all the whilst subsidising your precious Team Wales. Have that.

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 5:13 pm

Cari wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:That's not a dig, by the way. The Ospreys marketeers have got an excellent understanding of the Welsh sporting fan's mindset. Hence the amount of jerseys they shift.

Thankfully Ospreylia stretches beyond Port Talbot... Very Happy

Yes, but the punishment should fit the crime.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 5:33 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Casartelli wrote:

Talking out of your dot again.

http://newportgwentdragons.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21328
http://newportgwentdragons.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21333
http://newportgwentdragons.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21211

And all the whilst subsidising your precious Team Wales. Have that.

Have what???

Try making any relevant point that makes any sense whatsoever, Stone?

Rather than throwing insults that people are talking out of their 'dot'.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 6:01 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:Are they were counting the 'free' one in the BOGOF as a ticket 'sold'?

No doubt the total figure will reflect how many tickets are shifted rather than sold.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 19 May 2012, 6:01 pm

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The O's might even win next season at RP.. Shocked
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 6:40 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

The Os have done this before haven't they?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 6:42 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

The Os have done this before haven't they?

I think Season Ticket holders got a free jersey previously, but I'm not sure if that was just the early bird buyers.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 6:44 pm

Casartelli wrote:
Cari wrote:
Casartelli wrote:

Season memberships FAQs;
Who qualifies for BoGoF?
Buy one get one free offer is available to everyone who purchases a 2012/13 season membership. Existing, returning and first time members are entitled to claim an additional free membership for someone who was not a 2011/12 member.

I was wondering. What's to stop 2 existing st holders only buying one and getting the free st with somebody else's name on it, but using it themself, if you know what I mean.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 19 May 2012, 6:46 pm

This seasons jerseys are BOGOF and 2011/12 St holders renewing get a £50 club shop voucher. In the past they've done a 'bring yer old top in and get 10% off a newen' offer...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 19 May 2012, 6:46 pm

I would've thought there's some sort of registration going on Dave. I don't know though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 19 May 2012, 6:50 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Casartelli wrote:
Cari wrote:
Casartelli wrote:

Season memberships FAQs;
Who qualifies for BoGoF?

I was wondering. What's to stop 2 existing st holders only buying one and getting the free st with somebody else's name on it, but using it themself, if you know what I mean.

Nothing I suppose. You show your st card at the turnstile, you get let in. The trio I go with only sat in our allocated seats three times last year. We always went into the top tier and sat on the half way line....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 7:02 pm

Cari wrote:I would've thought there's some sort of registration going on Dave. I don't know though.

Yes, but for example you could get the free st for a friend who has no interest in rugby, with all the required ID proof etc. Come matchday somebody else uses it. I've lent my st to others many times if I couldn't get to the game and the name on the st is never checked at the turnstiles, ever.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 7:03 pm

Breadvan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Nothing I suppose. You show your st card at the turnstile, you get let in. The trio I go with only sat in our allocated seats three times last year. We always went into the top tier and sat on the half way line....

Exactly and that season ticket can belong to anybody.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 19 May 2012, 7:16 pm

So given that no-one is going to turn down the free membership the sales are basically half what they were in total already. Some of the extras will be new fans. Will they go to all the games? It'll be interesting to see how they swing the attendance records (season ticket holders + tickets sold). If they don't go it won't help the atmosphere or raise money. We'll have to see how successful it is (at least they're doing something)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 7:17 pm

Breadvan wrote:

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The O's might even win next season at RP.. Shocked

Hey, if you're born an Ospreylian, then fair do's. If you're born in Cwmbran, Newport, Pooler, Blackwood or whatever then you can b***** off.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 7:27 pm

Casartelli wrote:

Have what???

Try making any relevant point that makes any sense whatsoever, Stone?

Rather than throwing insults that people are talking out of their 'dot'.

The point is in the links; if you read them instead of blindly carrying on your top-notch impression of a clockwork toy banging up against a skirting board, you'd get it. But I'll happily spell it out to you, if only to prove I'm not slinging insults, merely stating a fact:

Newport Gwent Dragons wrote:
10% discount for season ticket holders from Gwent based Principality Premiership clubs

..and:

Newport Gwent Dragons have confirmed that they will play a Gwent Select XV on Saturday 4th August at Rodney Parade (Kick-off 4pm).

Confirmed participants include Premiership sides Cross Keys, Newport and Bedwas.

The Dragons will be looking to use the fixture to build towards the start of the 2012/2013 RaboDirect PRO12 season and it will give a number of the semi-pro players in the region the chance to shine in front of the regional coaches.

Entry for the game will be £3 with the proceeds split between the teams forming the Gwent Select XV.

Oh! And:

The WRU & Gwent Dragons are pleased to launch their FREE talent identification and skills day in the June half term for players aged 12-14.
Date June 8th Venue: Nantyglo Leisure Centre Time: 9:30 – 2pm All events are open to players from any school and any club within the region and are completely free of charge

But no, we're just a 'superclub' with no regional agenda whatsoever...

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 19 May 2012, 8:09 pm

FFS. if Ospreys can get more fans inside the gates for next season by whatever means necessary, what does the method matter?

Keep it going Ospreys. The more the merrier.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 19 May 2012, 8:51 pm

Pot Hale wrote:FFS. if Ospreys can get more fans inside the gates for next season by whatever means necessary, what does the method matter?

Well said PH, I was a ST holder at the Liberty until 2 years ago when I had to have heart surgery, I've now brought 2 brother in laws and a nephew under this scheme fetching 2x£165= £330 for a season plus about 3 x £10 every game through food and beer, that is close on £5000 over a season which they wouldn't have recieved if this scheme hadn't been introduced, I believe this is a very good scheme for the Ospreys, whether it would work for the other sides I doubt.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 8:53 pm

[quote="wayne"]
Pot Hale wrote: I believe this is a very good scheme for the Ospreys, whether it would work for the other sides I doubt.

Why's that then?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 19 May 2012, 9:01 pm

[quote="Stone Motif"]
wayne wrote:
Pot Hale wrote: I believe this is a very good scheme for the Ospreys, whether it would work for the other sides I doubt.

Why's that then?

Because the other teams attendances are so much closer to their ground capacity.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 9:24 pm

[quote="wayne"]
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:

Why's that then?

Because the other teams attendances are so much closer to their ground capacity.

No they aren't
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 9:27 pm

wayne wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:FFS. if Ospreys can get more fans inside the gates for next season by whatever means necessary, what does the method matter?

Well said PH, I was a ST holder at the Liberty until 2 years ago when I had to have heart surgery, I've now brought 2 brother in laws and a nephew under this scheme fetching 2x£165= £330 for a season plus about 3 x £10 every game through food and beer, that is close on £5000 over a season which they wouldn't have recieved if this scheme hadn't been introduced, I believe this is a very good scheme for the Ospreys, whether it would work for the other sides I doubt.

That's a very good point.
Cardiff Blues at the Arms Park will again benefit from being back in the city centre where 1000s will be on the lash on a Friday/Saturday evening meaning the walk in crowd will be many more than it was at CCS. Also CAP is a proper rugby ground and a lot of supporters like me will be back with full price season tickets in hand. Therefore there is no need for Cardiff Blues to offer cheap deals on season tickets.
Isn't this the fundamental problem for the Os at the Liberty? An out of town football ground?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 19 May 2012, 9:54 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:That's a very good point.
Cardiff Blues at the Arms Park will again benefit from being back in the city centre where 1000s will be on the lash on a Friday/Saturday evening meaning the walk in crowd will be many more than it was at CCS. Also CAP is a proper rugby ground and a lot of supporters like me will be back with full price season tickets in hand. Therefore there is no need for Cardiff Blues to offer cheap deals on season tickets.
Isn't this the fundamental problem for the Os at the Liberty? An out of town football ground?

You've no way of telling whether the attendances at the games played at CAP were a manifestation of genuine sustainable crowd figures or whether it was because people had a point to prove. A bad start to the season could see no-one want to touch the Arms Park with a barge pole.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 May 2012, 10:09 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:That's a very good point.

You've no way of telling whether the attendances at the games played at CAP were a manifestation of genuine sustainable crowd figures or whether it was because people had a point to prove. A bad start to the season could see no-one want to touch the Arms Park with a barge pole.

Well quite, which is why the only figures that matter are scores on the doors and those published in the company accounts.
Attendance figures mean nothing really and in fact it's very satisfying for me that Cardiff Blues haven't offered freebie deals.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 20 May 2012, 10:58 am

So, what are the figures ? Does anybody know how many tickets have been sold yet ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down