The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill

+13
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
sweet_pea
tonks1982
OasisBFC
eddyfightfan
AdZacO
oxring
WDR
TechInept
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Mr Bounce
JDizzle
17 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill Empty Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill

Post by JDizzle Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:19 pm

This has been announced as on the undercard of the Khan-McCloskey fight, so I wondered how you felt this one was going to go?

If Tyson wants to get to World Level then this is the sort of fight he has to win at this stage of his career. If he loses there is really no way back quickly at least. Rahman was never the most skilled but he can give it a whack, so Fury will have to be on his toes. IMO Fury stops him late.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill Empty Re: Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:21 pm

Rahman sadly is now just an opponent. In the words of Darth Vader "Your powers are weak old man".

Fury in 6 although he may have a couple of shaky moments.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill Empty Re: Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:31 pm

Not a Fury fan he is overweight and for a guy his age not to be in shape is pathetic. Hope Rahman KOs him, can't see it though Fury to win but unless he starts working harder in the gym and watching what he is eating he will never be anything more than a Micheal Sprott or Danny Williams. Heard talk he may be facing Chisora next which I'm hoping is true because Del Boy would KO him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

Must say i'm suprised at this matchup, not sure what Rahman offers at this stage though
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:23 pm

Straight out of the blue for me too. I'm not so sure this will be easy for Tyson Fury, four fights ago Rahman was against Wlad, granted he was schooled- but he won't be intimidated by Fury and since that defeat has Ko'ed all four of his recent opponents (C/B level fighters though).

It goes to show he's not given in and still has that killer power. If he comes in at a decent weight, well conditioned and is going to have a go, I can see Tyson really struggling. Here's to hoping TF applies himself and fights to his potential, anything less and this fight could be a mistake imo.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by WDR Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:29 pm

Good match-up. Rahman has won a few fights against low level opposition and while he is clearly past his best, he is a decent fight for a young prospect.

Be interesting to see what happens if he lands on Fury.

WDR

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:47 am

An "acid test" sort of fight really. Good one for Fury to test his development but nice to see a former champ still around, fighting up and coming challengers.

Rahman has a BIG punch - and if he detonates, it could/should be curtains.

Will be interesting to see whether Manny Steward has helped Fury at all - and what sort of shape he comes in at.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:09 am

If we are all honest, this fight is interesting to prove how a talents skills has progressed, despite most people losing interest due to poor opposition, and lack of interest (judging by his conidtion).

However this is perfect opponent at this stage, despite winning the world title he si a fringe fighter. But he has power so will be able to judge his defence, and if he is a few fights away from european or commenwealth fights.

I want to like, or more importantly beleive in him, but i just cant. I just cant see him being better than a Scott Gammer type fighter.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 05 Apr 2011, 9:40 am

be interesting to see who del boys next opponent is

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:28 am

great stuff and fair play to fury for accepting it.
yes he's old, but its a huge step up from his usual competition.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:36 am

eddyfightfan wrote:be interesting to see who del boys next opponent is
Sam Peter?

Back to top Go down

Post by tonks1982 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

Id rather see Fury v Chisora, Fair play to Fury for taking the fight with Rahman and testing himself again. I cant see Fury going far in the heavy weight division. Hes technically very poor and average at best but he is still young and plenty of time to improve

tonks1982

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:37 pm

He's got a good jab in fairness. Quick and useful - but he needs to start doubling it up more.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:36 pm

easy win for fury as long as manny is in the corner; he knows rahman well & knows how he's beat.
he's learning and learning off the bests in the game... i reckon he'l have chisora... but it'l be close.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:38 pm

sweet_pea wrote:easy win for fury as long as manny is in the corner; he knows rahman well & knows how he's beat.
he's learning and learning off the bests in the game... i reckon he'l have chisora... but it'l be close.

Neverbeen in good shape which is worrying because he is young. IMO the talent is their he does need a bit of work and he has manny so will be fine. I worry about the dedication at his age to be struggling to get in shape is very poor.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:41 pm

He has a very poor jab for someone as tall as him. Tougth test but I rate del boy, price and Dallas before him and don't think he will ever be better then them unless he gets in alot better shape.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Vs. Hasim Rahman on Khan Bill Empty Fury vs Rahman

Post by elbandito1989 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:32 pm

I saw today that Tyson Fury will be fighting former Heavyweight big name Hasim Rahman on the Khan - Mccloskey undercard.

Who do you think will win and where they will go on from there in their respective careers.

elbandito1989

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:44 pm

I like this fight. Good tester aginst a twice world champion (flatters him, as he only won one title, and has never won a defence.) He has also lost or drawed to every good/world level operator.

But he has legit power, but is very crude. Will be good to see if fury can handle his power.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Wright Hook Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:04 pm

Rahman is well passed his best - although he was never that good in the first place. Fury should be able to win a comfortable decision, maybe even late stoppage - unless he goes in there with his chin in the air and makes it an easy night for Rahman.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fury but he's got all the tools to make a name for himself in the division, and he's got the right trainer behind him as well.

Wright Hook

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:09 pm

Merged with the other article on this.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:27 pm

Who cares about Fury????? Just an uncultured, lumbering one dimensional slob who looks terrible.....

Poor old Gary Mason...ten times better than this guy and never got half the publicity..

He's crud maybe Chisora or someone can do the Brits a favor and drop this guy..when he has a minute to spare.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:42 pm

Fury has grown on me. Before the first McDermott fight I had my doubts about him. Sure he didn't deserve the nod that night but he dug really deep in that fight and showed a lot of character. Then fair play to the lad he didn't dodge the rematch and he took on McDermott again 6 months later. You can't really argue with that. He's also quite a funny guy. He talks the talk and he's a lot better at it than others who try like a certain other young British fighter, not mentioning any names (OK, James DeGale).

Since stopping McDermott in the rematch he has fought every 3 months and against a reasonable standard of opponent, which is all he can do at this stage of his career.

Now comes another test. Rahman is old and passed his best (he's almost exactly the same age as me so I know how old and knackered he must be) but he is tough, experienced and he can punch.

Should be an interesting fight.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down