The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited

+18
StupotJ
Rowley
horizontalhero
Strongback
OasisBFC
tunes666
manos de piedra
BoxingFan88
alfredperami
Nico the gman
TRUSSMAN66
Super D Boon
ShahenshahG
jimdig
Fists of Fury
88Chris05
azania
JabMachineMK2
22 posters

Go down

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited Empty David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Afternoon Gents,

I spent last night watching a few David Haye fights up to and including his fight with Wladimir Klitschko and to be fair, I think he receives a bit of a raw deal for his performance at Heavyweight.

I'll start this by saying, I dislike Haye's boxing style, I don't like the man and I feel that the Heavyweight scene became a bigger joke with him in it than before. If he'd never have stepped up, I think the HW division would have been forced into improving some other way rather than have a cruiserweight come along and be very mediocre - until Wladimir.

I think Haye fought a good fight. I think Wladimir fought better, and deserved the wide margins however I don't think Haye deserves the stick he got. He performed much better vs Wlad than I'd seen him fight before for a very long time. Its just Wlad was much better. Haye wasn't able to "tee off" his shots not because of his toe, but because he wasn't allowed to, every wild swing was seen a mile away and I feel that Haye holding his hands down cost him the fight. I think he actually managed to hurt Wlad (a bit) when he started throwing but for some reason (not his toe) he stopped short. I think Haye in terms of "Haye" gave a 9/10 performance and to be fair to him, he was leagues ahead of any of Wlads opponents to date.

All credit to Wlad for a good win, he really did show his class, but Haye is unfairly treated for it. We should have known deep down he would never manage what he said he would. But he gave it a go, and he made Wlad work hard to prove he's a deserving champion.

Credit to Haye I say.

Thoughts? Watch the fight again and see what I mean.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited Empty Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited

Post by azania Tue May 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I agree. People say Haye should have done this or that. Simple fact is that Wlad was superior in every department.

azania

Back to top Go down

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited Empty Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko revisited

Post by 88Chris05 Tue May 22, 2012 4:17 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Watch the fight again.

Sweet Jesus, JM - do we have to!?

Joking aside, I have to disagree in all honesty. I thought Haye's performance was incredibly negative, lacking in ideas and, while he maybe had more success in making Wladimir miss more than other opponents have, I don't think the big man from Ukraine was forced to really extend himself to win.

I think Haye perhaps froze a little with the magnitude of the fight. I don't for a single second think that he really believed fighting in such a negative manner, and hoping to draw Wladimir in to exchanges by hanging his chin out and keeping his arms down, was ever going to work. Haye dresses himself up as a counter-puncher, but he really wasn't that night. Your best counter-punchers are always alert and within range to score with their replies, whereas Haye was only in range (or harm's way, ultimately) on very few occasions.

Haye is a better fighter than some people on here would like to give him credit for, I agree, but I can't really be impressed with that performance against Wladimir.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Haye was incredibly effective at making Wlad miss, yes, his defensive work was far superior to anyone else that Wlad has faced.

But...

The saying is 'make them miss and make them pay'. Haye just forgot to make Wlad pay. Wild looping punches seemed to be his tactic, but an opponent like Wlad, who is already a bloody long arms length away and generally on the back foot, was able to step back comfortably and see the punches fall short.

In essence Haye's tactics were the right ones, had he combined them with a far greater workrate and a means of getting a lot closer to Wlad. The real shame about that is that Haye showed us he had the movement to get inside Wlad's jab, yet he was perhaps a little too worried about getting caught on the way in and thus was mostly ineffective.

In the final round when Haye upped his workrate there was definitely an improvement, but for him to have pulled off a victory it would have had to have started back in round 1 of the fight.

He had the tools, but maybe not quite the minerals once he realised just how imposing a figure Wlad is inside those ropes.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Agreed with Chris' summation. While I also felt that Haye didn't perform as badly as most thought, he still underperformed. He got through the fight more unscathed than most of Wlad's oponents, but he just stayed out of range.
I thought the rain played a negative part to the too . I don't think a high profile boxing fight should take place in either searing midday sun or torrential rain.

I think Haye's biggest problem was that people bought into the Hype that he was definitelu going to KO Wlad, They felt cheated, and the felt Haye was cheapened things further with toe-gate.

I thought Wlad would win, so I suppose it makes it easier for me that Haye came up short as I was expecting it.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue May 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Utter disapointment that - he spent almost the entire night running away. Someone made a point about counter punchers - with a bit more froce than Chris. Being Elusive is great if you can use it to slip the Jab and cause some damage - or even score a few hits if you want a points victory. Haye played dodgeball without trying to throw one back apart from a couple of token shots that Wlad was on in a jiffy as they caught him out of position - and in range. Strangely, this seemed to discourage Haye from trying again when the success should have been a blueprint for him with a little more haste in getting back out.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue May 22, 2012 4:29 pm

The performance was not as horrendous as people make out it's just that Haye didn't do the things he needed to do to win, i.e. try to nullify Wlad's jab whilst setting up his own. He couldn't do this because he's not good enough. He was able to avoid the sting in Wlad's jabs by weaving and back pedalling but it didn't stop him being tagged nonetheless which cost him more or less all the rounds.

I perosnally thought it was a brilliant performance by Wlad. The way he completley shut down Haye as a threat and the discipline he showed in just jabbing his way to victory was a great fight for the purist. Not so good for fans of bloodlust .

The problem for Haye was all the spew and bile he came out with before the fight. If you're gonna say and do all he did then he needed to put on a much better show than that. Thererfore, I feel the stick he gets is justified.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Haye bottled it I think........When he saw the size of the guy and the reach he just didn't fancy it and the gameplan went out the window....

Survival became the priority.......

Didn't have the belief....

If he was a gentleman and didn't stick his toe in the face of everyone then maybe he would've got an easier ride..

He's low rent I'm afraid...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue May 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I appreciate the comments so far, so much so it does make me think - but if I look at Haye in his previous 5 fights, I don't see him as fast as he was on the night. I do understand his gameplan probably did fly out of the window, but he really did give 100% - I don't think he bottled it. There were some occasions where he put himself in real danger by stepping onto Wlads jab, I just think he hadn't planned for that jab to knock him off balance so much.

I didn't buy into the hype, I believe Haye to be a great cruiserweight, and I do think he's a good heavyweight in comparison to the crop we have outside of the Klitschkos. I think we all slate him for that fight because he

a) Talked too much
b) Didn't fight the fight he told everyone he would
c) Blamed his loss on his toe rather than being outboxed

But if you look at the performance alone I think he boxed better than he had for a long time.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue May 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Difficult to gauge his showing against Wladimir in comparison to his others north of 200 lb I'd say, JM, simply because Wladimir represented such a big improvement in the quality of opponent.

Perhaps the performance which fell so short against Wladimir would have been enough to once again beat Valuev, for instance. I believe this is probably the case, in all fairness. But I don't really see it as a superior performance, because in essence Haye did much the same; boxed cautiously, rallied late when he could / should have done so much earlier, and generally kept his chin away from danger as much as possible.

Very viable against a lumbering ox like Valuev, but a different kettle of fish against an operator like Wladimir. And as much as anything else, it was this lack of imagination in Haye's performance which disappointed me, as I alluded to earlier.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Haye was awful he done virtually nothing in the fight but try to survive, and admittedly I was one who was suckered in by the Haye hype, shameful performance, bottled it big time.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Super D Boon wrote:The performance was not as horrendous as people make out it's just that Haye didn't do the things he needed to do to win, i.e. try to nullify Wlad's jab whilst setting up his own. He couldn't do this because he's not good enough. He was able to avoid the sting in Wlad's jabs by weaving and back pedalling but it didn't stop him being tagged nonetheless which cost him more or less all the rounds.

I perosnally thought it was a brilliant performance by Wlad. The way he completley shut down Haye as a threat and the discipline he showed in just jabbing his way to victory was a great fight for the purist. Not so good for fans of bloodlust .

The problem for Haye was all the spew and bile he came out with before the fight. If you're gonna say and do all he did then he needed to put on a much better show than that. Thererfore, I feel the stick he gets is justified.

That is exactly how I saw it also. Everything Haye tried, Wlad had an answer to. Wlad's jab was the difference maker combined with his footwork. He kept Haye at the range Wlad wanted. He dictated everything. Haye was simply outclassed by a better boxer.

He probably bought into the bile posted here and other sites that all he had to do was tag Wlad and it would be over. Easier said than done.

He didn't help himself by his talk before hand so people naturally expected more from him. Little was expected from Wlad. He showed he is not all jab jab jab jab. He has superb footwrok.

Great boxer. Just a lousy character with their slave contracts Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

azania wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:The performance was not as horrendous as people make out it's just that Haye didn't do the things he needed to do to win, i.e. try to nullify Wlad's jab whilst setting up his own. He couldn't do this because he's not good enough. He was able to avoid the sting in Wlad's jabs by weaving and back pedalling but it didn't stop him being tagged nonetheless which cost him more or less all the rounds.

That is exactly how I saw it also. Everything Haye tried, Wlad had an answer to. Wlad's jab was the difference maker combined with his footwork. He kept Haye at the range Wlad wanted. He dictated everything. Haye was simply outclassed by a better boxer.

He probably bought into the bile posted here and other sites that all he had to do was tag Wlad and it would be over. Easier said than done.

He didn't help himself by his talk before hand so people naturally expected more from him. Little was expected from Wlad. He showed he is not all jab jab jab jab. He has superb footwrok.

Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

Laugh

I read everywhere that Wlad was chinny. All because he lost those fights and has been decked umpteen times. But many forgot what a fantastic boxer he is. Haye simply isn't good enough for Wlad. If Wlad were a cruiserweight, he'd still beat Haye. Haye to beat Vitali though! OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Tue May 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Haye was awful he done virtually nothing in the fight but try to survive, and admittedly I was one who was suckered in by the Haye hype, shameful performance, bottled it big time.

As explained above much better than i would its not the cut and dry unless you didn’t know the two men fighting.

Robotic is right, i don’t think a good chess player beats a super computer. and a very good, very bigen beats a good littlen 9.5 times out of 10.

i think Chris hit the nail on the head the gulf in class was to much to compare.

to an extent i see what Truss has said about the size of the task being far greater than expected, however i dont think he bottled it that was just the best of HW Haye and a very similar one to every other fight.
bets or no bets it took him 3 rounds to tap A-farce over

that is why my only disappointment was the toe rubbish afterwards
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Gary Kasparov beat the best computers out there during his tenure..

But I see your point..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue May 22, 2012 8:09 pm

In my opinion, Haye was just too small, he couldn't reach Wlad and that was the problem.

The only joke about that effort, was the toe excuse afterwards.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Average at best I would say. The positives were the defensive aspects where his movement on the outside frustrated Wald. But he was pretty negative and offered nothing offensively. I dont totally buy the was nothing he could do because on the few ocasions he did get in close he was more concerned with flopping on the ground to avoid being held than actually doing any work of his own.

His tactic seemed to amount to just hoping for one big punch to change the fight and Wlad never game him much of a sniff of it really. But it was negative stuff.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Afternoon Gents,

I spent last night watching a few David Haye fights up to and including his fight with Wladimir Klitschko and to be fair, I think he receives a bit of a raw deal for his performance at Heavyweight.

I'll start this by saying, I dislike Haye's boxing style, I don't like the man and I feel that the Heavyweight scene became a bigger joke with him in it than before. If he'd never have stepped up, I think the HW division would have been forced into improving some other way rather than have a cruiserweight come along and be very mediocre - until Wladimir.

I think Haye fought a good fight. I think Wladimir fought better, and deserved the wide margins however I don't think Haye deserves the stick he got. He performed much better vs Wlad than I'd seen him fight before for a very long time. Its just Wlad was much better. Haye wasn't able to "tee off" his shots not because of his toe, but because he wasn't allowed to, every wild swing was seen a mile away and I feel that Haye holding his hands down cost him the fight. I think he actually managed to hurt Wlad (a bit) when he started throwing but for some reason (not his toe) he stopped short. I think Haye in terms of "Haye" gave a 9/10 performance and to be fair to him, he was leagues ahead of any of Wlads opponents to date.

All credit to Wlad for a good win, he really did show his class, but Haye is unfairly treated for it. We should have known deep down he would never manage what he said he would. But he gave it a go, and he made Wlad work hard to prove he's a deserving champion.

Credit to Haye I say.

Thoughts? Watch the fight again and see what I mean.

I agree that people were harsh with David, I think his toe excuse was the icing on the cake though as he is so cocky and loud mouthed. His performance was better than most other fighters who have fought him... but it was no where near to what Haye has promised for so long..

I think with Haye and WK it was a case of a good bigun beat a good littlen...

But that said I do think that WK had to really focus and train hard for that fight as he knew it was a step up to what he usually faces.. and he would have to be on his game again if they fought..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue May 22, 2012 9:13 pm

I would kind of dispute that he really gave it go to be honest. Certainly in relation to alot of other Klitschko opponents. I felt his performance was far closer to looking to survive rather than really give it a go. Oher than a couple of flashes, noteably at the end, there wasnt really a great indication he was going to really throw caution to the wind. I do think there is chance that at some point he mentally settled for second place. Whather that was before or at some point during the fight I dont know.

Wlad deserves credit for not giving Haye much to work with but Id struggle to really classify that as a fight where his opponent gave it a real go given Hayes lack of offence, willingness to take chances, punch output and falling on the floor rather than trying to work on the inside. There just isnt enough evidence in the performance to suggest he gave it a real go, most of it indicates survival.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 pm

i'm glad this was posted. i think's haye's attacks were limited, but his movement and defence was actually impressive. his upper body movement was good. Wlad barely landed anything of note and when he did, haye didnt wobble.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haye bottled it I think........When he saw the size of the guy and the reach he just didn't fancy it and the gameplan went out the window....

Survival became the priority.......

Didn't have the belief....

If he was a gentleman and didn't stick his toe in the face of everyone then maybe he would've got an easier ride..

He's low rent I'm afraid...

Glad you've come around to my way of thinking.

Are you going to the 606 meet up?

I might even pay for your flight from Manchester to London. Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Gary Kasparov beat the best computers out there during his tenure..

But I see your point..

Deep Blue also beat him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 pm

it wasnt his size.
Wlad was FAR better than haye thought and he just couldnt deal with it.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 pm

One of the things that strikes me about Haye's performances is that a how much better he could be with a few tweeks to his technique- he reminds of of Eubank (Snr) in that respect- the low hands, the arching right hands and so on . If he were more tucked up in defence he could have afforded to stay in the danger/opportunity range, and been in a position to counter and actually land his shots, especially if he threw straighter right crosses and shorter left hooks. It makes he think that Booth maybe tires too hard to come up with game plans and clever strategies at the expense of back to basic drilling of correct techniques- boxing isn't rocket science, and many of the best boxers, Mayweather for example, claim not to go into fights with a set plan-they do go in with good technique though.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue May 22, 2012 10:32 pm

horizontalhero wrote:One of the things that strikes me about Haye's performances is that a how much better he could be with a few tweeks to his technique- he reminds of of Eubank (Snr) in that respect- the low hands, the arching right hands and so on . If he were more tucked up in defence he could have afforded to stay in the danger/opportunity range, and been in a position to counter and actually land his shots, especially if he threw straighter right crosses and shorter left hooks. It makes he think that Booth maybe tires too hard to come up with game plans and clever strategies at the expense of back to basic drilling of correct techniques- boxing isn't rocket science, and many of the best boxers, Mayweather for example, claim not to go into fights with a set plan-they do go in with good technique though.

I see where your coming from but Haye doesnt have Eubanks durability to rely on especially going against big heavyweights. Were Eubank not rock solid in that department he probably would not have lasted against Benn and I remember Watt being critical of Eubanks leaky defence in that fight.

The straight right is hard shot to pull off against Wlad because of the way he sticks out that jab. I think the puch that he is most susceptible is the overhad left or left hook if you can draw the lead jab or straight right off him and counter because he tends to keep his right quite low.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 23, 2012 7:54 am

Don't agree at all that the performance was better than he gets credit for or particularly worthy of credit. Whenever I think of it I am always reminded of a quote I can half remember from a biography I have of either Carmen Basilio or Emile Griffith where someone says something along the lines of it is not actually that hard to make a fighter miss, you just far enough away from them, however what is difficult is making them miss whilst close enough to do something effective yourself. Haye for me did the former of these two things but not the latter.

Also think rightly or wrongly Haye's mouth before the fight gave people an expectation that we were going to see a blaze of glory, death before dishonour type effort to wash away the memory of all those who had gone with a whimper at Wlad's feet. Think the performance draws such criticism because when it was clear the fight was going against him we saw no plan B, no urgency, no willingness to risk getting knocked out to turn the tide, just the same circling outside that had been so ineffective throughout.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by StupotJ Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Performance frustrated me more than it angered/disappointed me.

I think he got a lot of things right on the defensive side. His reflexes were v.good and when he did get hit with some clean shots, he rode them better than many predicted we would probably do. He was never rocked to his boots at all.

Offensively though... a bit of a damp squib. Klitschko doesn't like "fighting" (this is a guy who has had to be persuaded by his trainer between rnds to KO opponents he's dominating with ease) but he was never made to fight. Yes, it was always going to be a tough ask to for someone of Haye's size to bring the fight to Wlad but he needed to take far more risks going forward and put himself in harms way a lot more as fighting a similar fight to how he fought Valuev was never going to work.

I think the Haye camp were really concerned that Wlad's tendency to tie-up and hold as soon as an opponents within range would result in Haye's strength and stamina being drained quickly because of the size difference - especially with the fight being in Germany and refs being overly lenient of this in the past. But I think Haye did have to be in the pocket and try to utilize his superior speed and reflexes more - Wlad's jab was a massive obstacle but I still think Haye himself could've done more and thrown caution to the wind from the midway point when plan A wasn't working.

Regarding the toe ... it should never have been used as an excuse, especially straight after the fight. Personally I do think it affected Haye, probably not to the degree that he claimed and it cost him the fight but if anyone has suffered any form of toe/foot injury, it doesn't matter how much the adrenaline's pumping, putting any weight on that area can result in intense pain and would be a hindrance in a sport where balance is everything and power comes from your legs/hips more than your arms.

After the Setanta debacle, Haye giving it the big'un and with the fight overseas, there was no way David was going to call this fight off (because ignorantly I believe he thought he could beat Wlad at 80%) but in different circumstances I think he would've with that injury.

Froch was saying he found it very unusual that Haye had stopped sparring and working the pads so early and that was obviously in hindsight, due to the injury. So preparations certainly weren't ideal either.

The lack of respect for Haye now does frustrates me though in that, it mostly comes from people who've only followed him since the move to heavyweight where he's made very loud noises and shown, up till this point, little to back it up.

That's fine, but his Cruiser career was the total opposite - he could've ridden the coattails of a big name promoter with his flashy skills and good looks and racked up many WBO wins vs bums (like plenty of Britain's best have still done) but he deliberately chose not to - dismissing promoters like Warren along the way.

He always sought challenges as early as possible - from A.Williams to Thompson to Mormeck in Paris and whether he's now only chasing the big bucks or not, you can't deny he's also striving to take on the best at HW as well. Ok, so fighting Harrison and now Chisora (far less so considering Vitali just fought him), even staying at CW to fight Maccaranelli, goes against his 'i'm getting boxing out of the doldrums' claims but in reality they were 'no brainers' in every other way - the rewards vs risk were immense and most would do the same, considering the lack of lucrative fights to HW to seal financial security after retirement.

And yes, he's got a big mouth - but he's a self-promoter. He's trying to sell tickets as much as he's trying to win a fight. If boxers could sell a fight as well as Haye don't believe that most wouldn't do the same.

StupotJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

That pretty much sums up my opinion on him, StupotJ.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed May 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Stupot, a cracking first post, agree entirely and it sums up the situation perfectly.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed May 23, 2012 4:06 pm

I'll echo Fists - fantastic summary of what I was trying to say.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 pm

clap StupotJ
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_england Thu May 24, 2012 12:56 pm

When I saw this, my first thought was, absolute rubbish, WK completely outclassed him!!

However, after watching it again, I think you actually have a point.

Haye was easily the toughest fight for WK in many a year. He makes WK miss alot, and lands a few decent punches of his own. The fight was won, simply, by WK's jab. Haye doesn't throw enough either, and this might sound crazy, but if Haye had actually thrown more jabs himself, he'd have stayed in the rounds more as opposed to being completely dominated by Wlad's jab most of the fight.

mark_england

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Haye needed to be busier, that much can be said, chances are he'd have nicked a few rounds that way if he'd have connected and thrown more than Wlad, even if they weren't meaningful, perhaps in the rounds where Wlad wasn't as effective. I think he might havethrown 3/4 rounds away rather than Wlad actively winning them.

I did get annoyed at his willingness to jump on the floor but I guess it was difficult to balance 100% of the time on that toe (!)

If you watch it back, its really not as bad as its made out - when I watched it last year I was disgusted with Haye, really thought he'd let everyone down massively and Wlad destroyed him, but watching it back 3 or 4 times, I'm not so sure - it was just a 100% Wlad showing his quality against a top quality Haye that on the night, got it wrong.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Agree that Hayes performance was not as terrible as we have it in our heads, but it was the level of performance when compared to all the promises he made that really dissapointed. HBO were seething in their criticsm, really was one of the most ridculed performances I ever heard HBO commentate on.

I kind of agree with Truss that Haye didn't want to get KO'd, he wanted to win, of ocurse he did, but if he had to risk a KO loss then it was not something he would push for.

Also, there was no plan B, just float on outside and try and land massive one two combo. The amount of time I saw Wlad just step back, raise his arms and literally parry Hayes advances away was silly. I don't know, HAye wasn't awaful and size matters at heavy, but will prob always be a sad taste in me mouth when I think of that one.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

haye suffered from the same problem all crusierweights do moving up, not having the physical attributes to compete against a man of wlads size. i think once he realized this his focus was on not getting hit or KOd.

he did keep going down alot though which wasnt sending out the right messages.

i think he thought it would be like fighting valuev again, and totally under estimated wlads skills.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down