The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards?

3 posters

Go down

Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards? Empty Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards?

Post by gboycottnut Wed 23 May 2012, 11:17 am

Does anyone know who is physically the shortest West Indies fast bowler out of Malcolm Marshall and Fidel Edwards?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards? Empty Re: Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards?

Post by Stella Wed 23 May 2012, 11:34 am

Marshall is 5'11" according to Wiki but there is no mention of Edwards' height?

I reckon he may be a tad shorter.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards? Empty Re: Who is shorter - Malcolm Marshall or Fidel Edwards?

Post by Biltong Wed 23 May 2012, 11:34 am

I would think it has to be Edwards.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 23 May 2012, 11:39 am

I found three different answer for edwards.

5 foot 8"
5 foot 10"
6 foot.

Marshall is stated as 5 foot 11"
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 23 May 2012, 11:39 am

biltongbek wrote:I would think it has to be Edwards.

Would Edwards have got into the great West Indies 4 man pace attack that was fielded in 1984 V South Africa, then consisting of Slyvester Clarke and Ezra Moseley with the new ball, Franklyn Stephenson as the third change bowler and Colin Croft as the fourth pace bowler? Also how would that 4 man 1984 pace attack have performed in the last Lords test match had they been the pace attack that the West Indies had available as opposed to the current one of Roach, Edwards, Gabriel and Sammy.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 23 May 2012, 11:48 am

I doubt it gboycottnut.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 23 May 2012, 11:57 am

Edwards was very good the last time they toured but has lost it by the looks of it.

You mention 1984. Eldine Baptiste was the fourth seamer for the 'official' tour to England that summer and I imo the Edwards of a few years ago is better than he was.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 23 May 2012, 1:08 pm

Stella wrote:Edwards was very good the last time they toured but has lost it by the looks of it.

You mention 1984. Eldine Baptiste was the fourth seamer for the 'official' tour to England that summer and I imo the Edwards of a few years ago is better than he was.

Wasn't Winston Davis supposed to be the 4th pace bowler on the official tour? As for Edwards, I believe that due to him being older now, he has lost a bit of pace so he isn't as penetrative or as threatening to batsmen as he once was and due to a lack of height, he can't offer much in the area of awkward bounce.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down