The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over and Under achivers

5 posters

Go down

Over and Under achivers Empty Over and Under achivers

Post by cherriesfna Fri 25 May 2012, 11:31 pm

this is a thread about what quarterbacks will over and underachieve in the 2012 season

Overachivers

Alex Smith
I have slated him in the past but that was mainly beacause one im a hawk and two he didnt have any huge reciving targets, however even with the shortened offseason harbaugh managed to get a brand new smith last year and i think this year he will kick on, with an offseason behind him and an improved reciving core Smith will only improve and im predicting a 4000 yard season from the former No1 pick.

Mark Sanchez
People slate him and critisize him but this year he will break out, for the first time he will have to look over his shoulder and fight for the starters job, and he will step - up, hill will give him a new lease of life in the NFL and the Jets will reach the play-offs, either that or tebow comes in after 4 games.

Matt Moore
The dolphins ended last year 6-3, part of that was good QB play, Moore will keep tannehill out of the dolphins starting role, much to the annoyence of fans and management, he wont lead the dolphins to the play-offs but he will stay as the starter, and earn him self a nice juicy contract somewhere else in 2013.

Honerable mention: Josh Freeman,Carson Palmer

Underachivers

Eli manning
Yes the reigning superbowl MVP, he may be clutch but i aint trusting him in the regular season, last year they lost to seattle and washington(twice) and sneaked into the play-offs, hear me now belive me later, manning will have an avergae year in the league and the giants will finish 3rd in the east behind philly and dallas,people may be expecting big things out of this guy, but he wont deliver.

Peyton Manning
No i do not have a vendetta agains the manning family, i dont belive peyton can fully recover from his surgey and all the hype around is well just hype nothing more, sure he may last the season but his best days are far behind him and thye may sneak a wild card, but dont be expecting big things out of peyton or denver.

Cam Newton
Let me explain this one, Newton will not play badly, he will play well infact, but teams will come in with cam speficic packages and limit his production, he will still have a swell campgain in the air and on the ground , but im not expecting anywhere near the numbers he got on the ground last year.

Dishounerable mentions: Ryan Fitzpatrick , Phillip Rivers

On the fence
Joe Flacco
Tont Romo

Im really not sure about these two, One minute there brilliant , the next id rather have tarvaris Jackson playing. Flacco thinks hes better than Jesus and Romo.... well..... im not sure
will play-offs be and overachivement of what is expected for rome
will baltimore demand and superbowl and will anything less be an underachivement for Flacco

Feel free to completley tear into this and say your opinions, this was purley mine so dont be too mean
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Over and Under achivers Empty Re: Over and Under achivers

Post by CFCNick Fri 25 May 2012, 11:40 pm

Eli wasn't responsible for any of our losses.

Last season was his best ever, even if we got knocked out by Atlanta.
We has a lot of injuries last year, Osi, Tuck and Boley off the top of my head and I'm pretty sure at one point Ramses Barden got a couple if starts.

For his reputation and media perception Eli massively overachieved last season. Not to us Giants fans though. Yahoo

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 26 May 2012, 10:40 am

Mocking, I beg to differ. Key interceptions thrown by Manning turned games the Giants were winning, or could have won. He wasn't responsible for all their losses, but certainly some. To me he's like the girl with the curl - when he's good he's very very good, when he's bad he's horrid (and miserable). So far he's been more good than bad and given his pedigree that will likely hold. But he does lose the odd game with bad decisions.

For me over achiever this year could be Bush. Miami will rely on him and he wants to carry the load more.

Under achiever - Randy Moss. Assuming he makes the roster, a year out won't have helped him and he has competition at the 9ers. It begs the question why come back? He will likely contribute but I can't see a return to his best now.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat 26 May 2012, 11:31 am

i can certainley remember eli manning getting outplayed by grossman and throwing a pick 6 in the red zone against seattle while trailing less than 7 late in the 4th(i liked that one Smile)
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 26 May 2012, 12:11 pm

I think the important thing for Alex Smith isn't how many yards he picks up but if he can continue to make the right decisions and keep his interceptions down. He doesn't have to throw 4,000 yards just has to be enough of a passing threat that teams can't focus on stopping Gore.

Mark Sanchez, I just really can't see a big improvement for him, Hill may help but he probably won't have a full route tree so he's limited in what he can bring to the table, I do think Kerley will continue to develop as a receiving threat but the most important thing he needs is for Holmes to the sort of form he had in 2009.

Matt Moore, I thought most people expected him to be the starter this year as Tannehill requires some development even if he knows most the playbook. I don't think he'll overachieve but he also won't have them in the top 5 picks though I think they'll end up in the first 16.

I think Rivers could struggle as he's lost Jackson, though they did bring in Meachem and Royal, key is probably if Gates can stay healthy for the year and if Ryan Matthews can produce as an RB as they lost Tolbert. If he can cut down his interceptions they can challenge for the division.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 26 May 2012, 1:50 pm

If Alex Smith throws for 3000 yards and 20 touchdowns in the regular season, it'll still mean a playoff spot and division win.

Newton will probably suffer from a sophomore slump. Everything worked in his favour last year and he was given the freedom that no other rookie qb gets. But I still think they could get to the post-season

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 26 May 2012, 2:57 pm

niner wrote:Newton will probably suffer from a sophomore slump. Everything worked in his favour last year and he was given the freedom that no other rookie qb gets. But I still think they could get to the post-season
I don't think the Panthers chances of making the post-season rely solely on Newton, the reason they didn't do better last season was that their defense wasn't playing well if they had kept the score down they would have won more games. If some of their key players on defense can stay healthy they have a real shot of challenging in the division. They have an even scarier running game this season with the addition of Tolbert which means teams have to respect both the pass and the run, also added Joe Adams to their WR group which should give Newton more options than the deep ball to Steve Smith.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum