The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad

5 posters

Go down

Wlad Empty Wlad

Post by lfc91 Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Afternoon guys, was just thinking, with it being widely accepted that Vitali will be hanging up the gloves very soon(maybe a year), it got me wondering how long wlad will/can stick around as the top dog? Also what fights could there be for him? I think realistically he could stick around for 4 more years(untils hes 40) which could see him fighting say 6 more times. Who could/should he fight? With the likes of povetkin, pulev, helenius, mitchell, fury and price all highly ranked unbeaten fighters...i was wondering what wins over 3 or 4(or all) of these men would do for Wlads legacy overall?(i do understand a few of these men may not want anything to do with either klit, was just food for thought.).

Cheers.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Wlad Empty Re: Wlad

Post by ShahenshahG Sat May 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Depends what they do once he has gone

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Simple as that?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat May 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah - if they flop he gets remembered as a very dominant heavy who presided over a poor division - if they do wonders then Wlads ratings might go through the roof - because he will probably dominate them all with the possible exception of price. But early days for him yet.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat May 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Probably wouldnt add a great deal more to what he has now I think. Povetkin is not really any better than many of the guys he has beaten already.The other guys are prospects so if one of them went on to inherit and rule the division it would reflect well on Wlad. Still reckon his critics would use the argument that they were too green or hadnt peaked when Wlad beat them though and in all probability they would just be going on to rule a division that was just as bad if not worse.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat May 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Well if he was to fight 6 more times, is there any fights you would particurlarly want to see? Or do you think its got to the stage where hes beaten everyone worth beating?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat May 26, 2012 1:14 pm

As it is now there isnt much out there for him. I think he should try tick Povetkin off the list purely for the sake of completeness although I think he would win it handily.

In 18 months a fight with Price could be very interesting but were it to happen now I think it would be too soon for Price.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat May 26, 2012 5:00 pm

At the moment don't think beating anyone adds much to his legacy, much remains to be seen with the likes of Mitchell and Price.

Price has looked mightily impressive at domestic level but need to see how he performs at european level where if i'm honest he should beat everyone quite easily if Helenius and Dimitrenko are the best out there.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Please please please can Wlad fight one of the other Eastern European goliaths out there? I desperately want to see this man punch up for a change!

With the likes of Fury, Price, Ustinov and Valuev either being too green or not very good I can't see it happening but would love to all the same. Just want to see him evenly matched in size for once. Get fed up of seeing him bully around 6ft fatties and delusional cruiserweights. I actually think he would have difficulty against any of the names mentioned largely because manhandling shorter fighters is a big part of his game. If he gets in a situation where he can't do that it would be interesting to see how he copes with it.

Ustinov would be a good fight but I think he's signed up to K2 promotions so that won't happen. I think Ustinov has an unblemished record fighting short fatties of no note, being European based there are no surprises with that.

Wlad - pick on someone your own size for once!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down