The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A funny thing happened at Twickenham

+2
yappysnap
LondonTiger
6 posters

Go down

A funny thing happened at Twickenham Empty A funny thing happened at Twickenham

Post by LondonTiger Sat 26 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Back home after an ultimately disappointing day. I have to say the right team won on the day with Waldrom's stupidity costing us dear. We were the stronger team at the end, but Quins had built up too big a lead.

What was funny was at about 2:30, the Quins Front row were practising scrummaging against the replacements down near the South Stand. After two drives where they were utterly dominant my brother turned to me to ask whether the quins backups were really so poor. I told him to look more carefully at what happened which we did. There were four more goes, each one following the same process - Huge hit from Johnston, shuffle sideways and big wheel. It was like hey folks - we are showing you that we will scrummage illegally, and I bet there is nothing you can do about it. Until they were knackered there wasn't - Quins scrummaged illegally the whole game and even won a penalty for tigers wheeling when both Tigers props were moving forward.

That aside I would just like to say congrats Quins, worthy champions.

See you all in the Autumn.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

A funny thing happened at Twickenham Empty Re: A funny thing happened at Twickenham

Post by yappysnap Sat 26 May 2012, 10:16 pm

Saints stand up, Wasps go uncontested and now Quins wheel...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

A funny thing happened at Twickenham Empty Re: A funny thing happened at Twickenham

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 10:46 pm

i have no idea why Waldrom was carded, it was never a card!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 26 May 2012, 10:47 pm

LT has a point, but there's a reason its called the dark arts. Show me a front row that only ever scrummages legally and I'd tell you they weren't very good! The ref didin't pick it up, but who's to say Quins wouldn't have tried something different. I genuinely feel that Quins front row is the most improved in world rugby. They've gone from being pretty poor to very good in a short period of time. To get the better of the Tigers front row is testament to them, legally or not, they were the best. Very well done Quins management as they've pulled a blinder.

Yappy & CJ enjoy the celebrations, you are very deserving champions OK
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 11:03 pm

Thanks guys, I have had a very happy long weekend so far
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 11:16 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Thanks guys, I have had a very happy long weekend so far

huh?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 11:18 pm

Of which the final and result thereof were a key part
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 11:21 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Of which the final and result thereof were a key part

lol, you drunk? or someone stole your account as your post's are a tad different!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 11:35 pm

Eh, I thought I was relatively sober, apparently not
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 11:38 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Eh, I thought I was relatively sober, apparently not

do you go grumpy after a night out? (sorry, not trying to offend!)

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 May 2012, 1:30 am

Trust me I'm in no way grumpy and I don't want to do anything but congratulate Leicester on a fantastic second half of the season and a good match (in which Flood's absence may have had a deciding factor). The post above refers to thanking HongKongCherry for his congratulations and saying that I have enjoyed the past few days as I celebrated the end of a year at Med school and the completion of a degree on Thursday, my and my housemate's birthday on Friday and now the Final today. Just springing to the defence of our players but doing so by pointing out something a Tigers' player had done wrong was classless and not a good argument, sorry
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 27 May 2012, 8:40 am

Congrats on a good week then Chequered, obviously yesterdays result was the highlight Wink

Cheers Hongkong too OK

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 27 May 2012, 8:59 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Trust me I'm in no way grumpy and I don't want to do anything but congratulate Leicester on a fantastic second half of the season and a good match (in which Flood's absence may have had a deciding factor). The post above refers to thanking HongKongCherry for his congratulations and saying that I have enjoyed the past few days as I celebrated the end of a year at Med school and the completion of a degree on Thursday, my and my housemate's birthday on Friday and now the Final today. Just springing to the defence of our players but doing so by pointing out something a Tigers' player had done wrong was classless and not a good argument, sorry

no need to apologise, enjoy the the win!!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 27 May 2012, 1:18 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:there's a reason its called the dark arts. Show me a front row that only ever scrummages legally and I'd tell you they weren't very good!

+1

Rugby is strange like that. Every team attempts "gamesmanship" at the scrum, the breakdown, the lineout, there's blocking off the ball, feeding crooked into the scrum and many more tricks. Every winning team is open to the accusation of "cheating", because every team, bar none, does it.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down