The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thankyou WWE....

+2
Kay Fabe
MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo
6 posters

Go down

Thankyou WWE.... Empty Thankyou WWE....

Post by MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo Tue 05 Apr 2011, 1:40 pm

For finally having a good old long WWE title run, 6 months now The Miz has been champion, I for one have been crying out for a solid reign like this one, I hope it continues till atleast summerslam just to make Th Miz character even stronger/cockier and if he does lose it let it be to another up and coming superstar.

MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo

Back to top Go down

Thankyou WWE.... Empty Re: Thankyou WWE....

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:03 pm

Its a nice change to see a new champ given a decent length run, there is still no faces on RAW Iwant to see end the reign, infact only Triple H shockingly for me would be the only choice atm

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:18 pm

It's actually four months and two weeks. It won't be six months until the end of May (in fact the Over The Limit PPV will be six months to the day since Miz won the title. There was a time they'd actually talk about this kind of thing but I bet they don't). I like seeing a long title reign but WWE's booking of Miz has been dreadful. I realise they want him to appear vulnerable so that people believe his opponents can beat him, but that doesn't mean he should never win clean, ever.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

Thats exactly why i'd not mind seeing him in a feud with JoMo on RAW or Christian/Edge/Rey on SD! as while i like him being the champ i don't see him beating the big boys clean

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:57 pm

I would go with the Morrison feud now and give Miz the clean win at Extreme Rules. If Morrison impresses enough and gets over, it could be his ticket to a regular main event spot.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

Its sink or swim time for him, I still think he'll more likely become the white Shelton Benjamin

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:12 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Its sink or swim time for him, I still think he'll more likely become the white Shelton Benjamin

I get that feeling as well. Either way I don't see him becoming a keystone player in the roster - at best he will have a character role supporting / antagonising the main man in a feud before returning to the pack.

On the other hand, Miz seems to be picked out as the next big star, which makes his booking up until now all the stranger. Yes JBL went on a title run where he won flakily, but at least he had a size and presence that made people believe that he was a champ - Miz is smaller than most on the roster so needs the credibility of a big win.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:15 pm

At worst Miz gets to beat someone clean, at best they elevate a new babyface, which hasn't happened for a long time.

My feeling on Morrison is that he isn't really good enough for a consistent main event spot at the moment, and may never be, but he is good enough to step up into the world title match of an off-brand PPV. It can only help his perception, as it did for Ziggler when he faced Edge (before WWE went crazy with that storyline). I'd like to see more potential main eventers given a one-off PPV world title match to see how comfortable they look in the role.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:At worst Miz gets to beat someone clean, at best they elevate a new babyface, which hasn't happened for a long time.

My feeling on Morrison is that he isn't really good enough for a consistent main event spot at the moment, and may never be, but he is good enough to step up into the world title match of an off-brand PPV. It can only help his perception, as it did for Ziggler when he faced Edge (before WWE went crazy with that storyline). I'd like to see more potential main eventers given a one-off PPV world title match to see how comfortable they look in the role.

Like Rock v Benoit at Fully Loaded 2000 you mean?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Thankyou WWE.... Empty Re: PM to the pair of you

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote: I'd like to see more potential main eventers given a one-off PPV world title match to see how comfortable they look in the role.
I'd also be in favour of that, it would give the fans a break from Orton/Cena/HHH and allow others to see if certain guys are good enough

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Davieswasacrippledtart wrote: I'd like to see more potential main eventers given a one-off PPV world title match to see how comfortable they look in the role.
I'd also be in favour of that, it would give the fans a break from Orton/Cena/HHH and allow others to see if certain guys are good enough

Totally agree. I thought Morrison looked good against Miz on RAW and held his own in the EC match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

Matches aren't the problem tho IMO like Benjamin Morrison needs more than being able to have a decent match and have a spot in him, he needs the fans to want to bleed for him like they did for Jeff Hardy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyblueyes1713 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:02 pm

Very good to see.

Thought this might have been the case last year when Swagger won the WHC. A good strong reign could of established him in the upper mid card/main event level.

Maybe Swagger didn't want to go on all the talk shows Very Happy

mickyblueyes1713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

I didnt think Swagger would be realistic to have a long run at the time, prior to Mania he was jobbing to Santino and him suddenly having a big run was unrealistic IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

I didnt think Swagger would be realistic to have a long run at the time, prior to Mania he was jobbing to Santino and him suddenly having a big run was unrealistic IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:22 pm

Swagger's problem was the awful build up to the MITB match that he was given. How was he ever going to get over as a world champion less than a month after losing to Santino?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:37 pm

Thats my point, thats why he was never going to have a long run, i made the MitB lool lile anyone could win it but if the winner wasn't built up beforehand then how can you sell him turning into world champ who wins all the time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Thats my point, thats why he was never going to have a long run, i made the MitB lool lile anyone could win it but if the winner wasn't built up beforehand then how can you sell him turning into world champ who wins all the time

It just has to be done carefully. If the MITB winner then began to go on a run, build momentum and strength then this could be a catapult. A bit like the KotR used to be.

The problem is that for the winner they are only really thought of as the MitB winner and nothing else, they can't have decent storylines unless it involves that gimmick.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

Thats the difference between MitB & KotR, when you won the KotR you had to win matches to progress, to win MitB it was more like a game of chance, it was designed totally for a guy like Edge with an opportunist gimmick

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down