The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes.

2 posters

Go down

Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes. Empty Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes.

Post by Portnoy Tue 29 May 2012, 2:22 pm

From the Tigers (tweaked) site (and I won't dignify it with a source address.

Good news about ST sales - fair enough - get in before the June 1st deadline discount offering - and kids courses.

Leicester Tigers are among the top ten brands on social network Twitter, according to an influential study released today.
The Tigers Twitter feed, which has more than 22,000 followers, is a popular destination for supporters to interact with the club, players and supporters.

Thousands of fans linked up with @LeicesterTigers for the Aviva Premiership Final and came together under the #Tigersfamily hashtag. They were able to send the team good luck messages and tweets, share their stories and photos of the day and to take part in our Tiger Spy game for the journey to Twickenham.

Now Tigers have been recognised in the 2012 Social Brands 100, which ranked the club 10th in brands on Twitter. Tigers are in good company alongside the likes of BBC (6), Motorola (8) and MTV UK (9).

Tigers were also ranked highly on Facebook, where the club came 10th for supporters' engagement with our posts. Musical instrument maker Gibson (6) and publishers Penguin UK (8) also ranked highly.

More than 55,000 supporters like Tigers on Facebook, where they can share their views, photos and videos and get involved with fellow fans.

The popularity of the Official Leicester Tigers Facebook pages was underlined recently when a photo was posted of a knitted Martin Castrogiovanni doll created by fan Val Moore. It became an internet sensation and Val received requests from across the world for Castro dolls and copies of the pattern, which she hopes to make available to support the Matt Hampson Foundation.

The Social Brands 100 also ranked Tigers' YouTube and Google+ pages as well the official club website.

Overall, Tigers finished 33rd in the Social Brands 100, which was topped by smoothie maker Innocent. Tigers were the second highest ranked sports club after football's Premier League champions Manchester City.

The list also included the likes of Cadbury (=7), Ford (=24), BBC and Blackberry (=45), Dell (59), Orange (71) and Google (81).

The full report and Social Brands 100 is available by clicking here

Maybe I'm getting too old, but not too old to understand that Muppet and Flip will leave a permanent audit trail on young peoples' futures.

Well actually I am getting too old to embrace new technologies. But along with GM food manipulation and the like, 'social' networking is a bomb primed, live and ticking.

p.s. Why have I got a herring growing from my ribcage?

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes. Empty Re: Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes.

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 29 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Just sounds like some media people are cottoning onto the fact that Tigers are one of the best supported clubs around. That's hardly fresh news and neither is the brand accessibility, the club have been careful to try and portray the Tigers brand as a family club which is always accessible to the fans.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes. Empty Re: Tigers : You make me want to spew sometimes.

Post by Portnoy Tue 29 May 2012, 2:59 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Just sounds like some media people are cottoning onto the fact that Tigers are one of the best supported clubs around. That's hardly fresh news and neither is the brand accessibility, the club have been careful to try and portray the Tigers brand as a family club which is always accessible to the fans.

I just feel Sam. that social networking is potentially as dangerous as any of the legal (let alone illegal) chemical drugs.

They all can ruin lives - eventually.

I feel for the tweeters and facebookers (which v2 helpfully automatically translated for me from the Anglo-Saxon nomenclatures I used).

Only this one will just ruin lives and not kill you.

I'm disappointed that the Tigers (multi-winners of the John Player Cup) haven't thought twice about the downstream ramifications.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 29 May 2012, 3:03 pm

I'll take your word for it, seeing as my use of social networking sites goes as far as keeping in touch with far flung relatives and uni friends on Facebook.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 29 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Good Sam. Keep it that way.

My guess is that within the next five years that there will be a number of prominent careers, private lives etc. that will destroyed or aspirationally halted by the social media.

The press won't have the need to hack phones and face Levenson inquiries - as the subject will have voluntarily put the misdemeanour into the public domain personally.

The press might have to be careful as to the original provenance of the data though. i.e. who posted it.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 29 May 2012, 3:24 pm

Presumably this is why Cockers has banned the players reporting on their injuries and contract negociations via Twitter.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 29 May 2012, 3:46 pm

Just goes to show that social media have potent damaging consequences.

Immediate secrets or short-medium-long term destructive time bombs.

The net won't forget anything (this post included - probably).
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down