The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Phillips

4 posters

Go down

Mike Phillips Empty Mike Phillips

Post by Draigoch Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:23 pm

So with unconfirmed reports saying that he's been released from his contract and the general feeling being he will leave the Ospreys - where do you guys see Mike playing his rugby next season?

Can't see any of the welsh regions taking him up with Evans, Rees and Knoyle playing well. Perhaps an English club would suit him? Or some French team to come up with the big bucks?

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips Empty Re: Mike Phillips

Post by Cari Wed 06 Apr 2011, 6:36 am

Hi Draig,

I don't think he'll remain in Wales, and assuming he's still with his missus I reckon he'll go to an English prem club - if the price is right. Having said that, I don't think he's in a position to make any ridiculous financial demands. I won't be sorry to see him go personally. It's about time he did.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

I think it's a good decision for both Mike and the Region if he leaves. He doesn't suit the style of rugby the O's are trying to play anymore but he is still capable of doing a very good job somewhere else. I think an English prem club would really suit up. Good luck to him in whatever he does, I know he's not been in great form this season, but I can't see that lasting for too much longer!

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:35 am

He may not be the last, AWJ is still hanging out for a better offer, and shane has still not put pen to paper!
Phillips is no longer the way that the O's see their game going........not sure what that way is though.
AWJ has been a disappointment to me, came back for his first 40 minutes and threw three passes to the opposition, and then made some bad decisions as captain last week.
I refer of course to his decision to go for three points when Bradley Davies got carded, lineout expert and grunt in the scrum, in their 22 and we go for three. when the game was there to be won he allows the backs to try silly drop goal attempts. Ryan was a far superior captain in my book.
I am however certain that Shane will sign.
Phillips would be best in the attritional AP, suits him.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Wed 06 Apr 2011, 12:12 pm

Well it's certainly true that the Os have looked a lot better with Webbs quicker service, so for the team it's a good move I think. Feel a bit sorry for him being cold shouldered out like this, but he's a big boy and he's had enough warning.

AWJ? Really? If he were to go it would be a big blow, I think he must be seen as a big part of the Os 'masterplan' and as club captain too..

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:39 pm

Well rumous are that Phillips is signing for Toulouse, now Kelleher has finished. Really think its a good move for him. He has stagnated a bit over the past year or so.

A move to somewhere like France, playing a different style to how Wales and Ospreys play, will hopefully rejuvenate him. A fully firing Mike Phillips will be handy for Wales, it might be too late for the world cup though.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down