The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Belgium Friendly

+15
sportform
GG
LRF
Hero
Ent
Blade
mystiroakey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mat
Crimey
Liam
GSC
The Special Juan
JamesLincs
Duty281
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

England v Belgium Friendly - Page 8 Empty England v Belgium Friendly

Post by Duty281 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Should be a good 'un. I'll say 3-1 England. Be interesting to see how Hazard does.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England v Belgium Friendly - Page 8 Empty Re: England v Belgium Friendly

Post by Ent Mon 04 Jun 2012, 5:11 pm

Whilst I'm not wanting to get too personal you haven't really corrected any inaccuracies (there really haven't been many, shots on target just depends on what site you read as technically Gerrards attempts were both blocked shots and not shots on target, pedantic I know) and you just generally ignore any points that don't suit you.

A world of ignorance is translating the fact that a better Chelsea side making more chances, giving up less chances whilst putting in better performances means Chelsea weren't lucky this season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

Your comment doesnt make any sense at all- i cant understand it to work out its ignorance.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 5:51 pm

Ok i am trying- Are you trying to say that chelseas previous form has no bearing on being lucky at a later point.

I completly agree- why are you making that comment anyway?

Is this your your new bash chelsea soap box thread?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 04 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Your comment doesnt make any sense at all- i cant understand it to work out its ignorance.

One of the points you made earlier was the fact that Chelsea are unbeaten in 9 against Barcelona meant they weren't lucky this year.

I disagree as I feel they played better, made more chances, gave up less chances and were stronger previously.

This is closer to a world of ignorance than say thinking needing to keep the ball isn't a cliche or that blocked shots don't count as on target in official stats.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

Nope not at all- you are missinterpreting the comment there and applying your own judgements.

You are correct though -chelsea were the better team previously and in the time they actually went out to barca(with two draws) there were criminally treated by the ref(i am sure you can even admit that)

Chelsea rode there luck- however they played in a way to maximise there winning potential -(IMO). they know how to play barca and that experience helped them dramatically(i am sure)

The fact that they have played a defensive -park the bus game v barca and it has worked over those 9 times- i suggest that this system has proved to work and that i have no problem with england or ireland implementing this style v spain! because i believe it is the right way to go..

For some reason you have assumed I have turned the point about how england should play into a chelsea werent lucky debate- you were very wrong pal!!

Hopefully that comment has put us back on track

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:22 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Gsc it does work chelsea havent lost to barca in 9 games(full time) playing that system v barca. posters that say this cl was fluke dont ever.mention this fact.

? Not sure I have misinterpreted anything.

Like I said I disagree Chelsea parked the bus in the previous encounters, e.g. the 04/05 series was very even and competitive from memory?

Struggling to remember all the results

04/05
2-1 barca 4-2 chelsea
06/06
2-1 barca 1-1
06/07
2-0 chelsea 202
08/09
0-0 1-1
11/12
1-0 chelsea 2-2

Making you 7 unbeaten rather than 9? Headscratch

Anyway think this is the first time Chelsea have parked the bus against Barca...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm

04/05 yes they lost the second leg- but 2-1 loss is actually a win in a way because it was good enough to go through.

Ok i take your point though - got to be consitant England v Belgium Friendly - Page 8 732107 and accurate, but in all logic it was still chelseas result-

And yes i believe 100% chelsea have allways played park the bus v barca. (within the 9 games we are talking about anyway)- I can cleary remeber most of them- allways massive games and afterwards we allways heard the anti football comments in reagrds to chelsea.

However that comment isnt saying that chelseaa didnt have elemnets of luck- it was a perfectly valid comment in my view and needs to be debated. Especially when considering does the system work- Chelsea IMO proove the system can work , and can work alot of the time as well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

05/06 I think they lost as well (they went out) and in 04/05 they lost the first leg so it wasn't really a great result.

I don't think Chelsea parked the bus before, they certainly didn't give up as many chances or have as few attempts until this year - the anti football stuff was all about outmuscling Barcelona, relying on power and set pieces rather than defending deep IIRC.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:37 pm

2011/2012 Semi-finals FC Barcelona - Chelsea FC 2:2
2011/2012 Semi-finals Chelsea FC - FC Barcelona 1:0
2008/2009 Semi-finals Chelsea FC - FC Barcelona 1:1
2008/2009 Semi-finals FC Barcelona - Chelsea FC 0:0
2006/2007 Group A FC Barcelona - Chelsea FC 2:2
2006/2007 Group A Chelsea FC - FC Barcelona 1:0
2005/2006 Round of 16 FC Barcelona - Chelsea FC 1:1
2005/2006 Round of 16 Chelsea FC - FC Barcelona 1:2
2004/2005 Round of 16 Chelsea FC - FC Barcelona 4:2

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:42 pm

So yep your right in that respect- 7 games England v Belgium Friendly - Page 8 732107

Dont agree with not parking the bus though- maybe not to the same extent- Eitherway tho - allways set up defensively well and were well down on possesion in all

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

I think to beat Barcelona, you have to park the bus otherwise you get murdered. If you are solid at the back, they can't beat you because all they do is fap it about.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:51 pm

TSC wrote:I think to beat Barcelona, you have to park the bus otherwise you get murdered. If you are solid at the back, they can't beat you because all they do is fap it about.

You need to defend well, don't agree this is the same as parking the bus - in which you go out with no intention to attack, either via counter attacks or gaining set pieces. You just wait on a mistake or penalties.

Anyway I don't think England are trying to play either way - they still press high up the pitch, allow a centre midfielder to support the attackers and push the full backs on when they can. You don't do that when parking the bus or playing defensively - just don't think they are very good at what they are trying to do and giving up easy possession and therefore having to defend for long periods is fooling people.

I do expect the bus to be parked against France if they get no joy in the first 10 minutes as a draw is a good result and a defeat is a very bad result.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:03 pm

back to england then. about time England v Belgium Friendly - Page 8 732107

I have never seen england park the bus before(well from what i can remember anyway). However it could well be the way we go against the better sides in the tourny

The thing about england is that they push to the centre line fast and then have no where to go but to one forward player- obviously
trying to get to him is tough but when it does come off that player
needs to hold it up and we need to get the quick wingers running onto
the ball.

However if that is gonna be our system - which i think is pretty decent with the players we have- we will be very defensively sound- our
defenders will still remain back in our half and i doubt we will get
caught out to many times. however we will conceade possesion

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8