The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More nonsense from the BBBoC

+11
Imperial Ghosty
Gordy
tunes666
Atila
manos de piedra
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
eddyfightfan
Lance
Steffan
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
15 posters

Go down

More nonsense from the BBBoC Empty More nonsense from the BBBoC

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

So now they will call anyone involved in the show up in front of them and may suspend their licence. They will probably change their stance next week when Warren speaks to his legal team. They dug this hole for themselves. If they had gave Chisora a proper ban instead of trying to appease the non boxing and Sky who aren't really impartial.

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/bbboc-clarifies-their-stance-licence-holders-involved-haye-v-chisora
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

More nonsense from the BBBoC Empty Re: More nonsense from the BBBoC

Post by Steffan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

Bunch of dinosaurs in suits just trying to impose their will and power. Also jealous because this fight has sold well. No wonder boxing is where it is when these clowns wont move with the times

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm

If they had of banned for Chisora for a period of time this wouldn't be happening. Instead they actually did nothing but made out like they had took a hard stance against it.

They tried to appease people who were supposedly outraged but don't have any interest in boxing in the first place, and others who's views on it aren't fair and balanced like Sky and the Hearns.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

Chisora was a disgrace against Vitali I guess so they had to take a stance as he is clearly out of control. They do need to appreciate though that people involved in this fight from the top to the bottom are just making a living and they shouldnt be holding everyone involved to ransom

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

Take a stance then ban him for a period of time. 6 months would have done the job any more than that would have been a bit much imo.

Instead what they done was took his licence away leaving him free to reapply with the BBBoC or any other body affiliated with the E.B.U.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

maybe they wanted to ban him until he could prove he was trying to reform. still money was always gonna talk, and now they are frustrated they have been sidestepped.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

You can't do that you need to set a punishment and let the man serve his sentence its peoples right to earn a living you are dealing with.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

apparrently they've reversed their stance (according to eastside). they brought this on there selfs, and now it has momentum they couldnt stop it if they wanted to.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:40 pm

They reversed their stance because legally they were in the wrong and Warren would have sued them and could well have bankrupted them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:13 pm

It's not nonsense....

What If Joey Barton started for QPR in his game last year despite suspension????

All Sports need governing or else what's the point!!!!!

People have got this so wrong....My sympathy is with the bbbc

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

this the the problem with fractured governing bodys, nobody has enough power to overrule anybody else. chisora could make a living boxing on the road like Williams did and nobody would stop him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:20 pm

As is mine Truss, they may not have handled this well initially but think people are still making a leap that because Warren is doing nothing illegal he is doing nothing wrong. They are not one in the same, businessmen setting up off shore companies to avoid tax are doing nothing wrong, does not mean what they are doing is not morally wrong.

Me you and everyone else knows, legalities aside two British fighters fighting for a british promoter in Britain should be going to the BBBoC for their licences, in choosing not to they have wilfully and knowingly undermined the BBBoC. Once someone chooses to open a door like this they are not so easily shut, am sure when the WBC was formed in rivalry to the WBA it was done in the best of intentions, that went well for the sport didn't it?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:23 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:You can't do that you need to set a punishment and let the man serve his sentence its peoples right to earn a living you are dealing with.

Thats Warren talking. The BBBC suspended his licence. They hardy denied him the ability to work. He was free to box anywhere else and if desperate could have got a job just like anyone else in the UK.

I wasnt a fan of the indefinate ban myself, but I think the BBBBC's intention was just to stop Chisora boxing in Britain but let him do the circuits elsewhere in Europe if he wanted to. Ironically alot less of a punishment than a total ban where he may not have been able to box for a period at all. They just didnt forsee being circumnavigated like they were and now feel completely undermined.

I also think Warren was worried Haye would go off and fight Vitali while Chisora was banned so decided to push through with this fight. Not to even wait to hear an appeal set for June tells it own story.

But as you say, the more desperate the BBBC become trying to challenge it the more powerless they will appear to stop it I suspect. Cant see any basis for Warren to be guilty of anything illegal here and I dont think hes even broken any BBBC regulations, never mind actual laws to be honest. The only thing they seem to be throwing at him is bringing the sport into disrepute which Im not sure will stick.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

but a incident like this for me just goes to show there lack of competency at running a successful board. they haven't got a clue what there doing.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:29 pm

They haven't got a clue Mate because there is no precedent for this....so they have no procedure for dealing with it!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

Warren can stick this right to earn a living thing up his backside, if Chisora had not behaved like a clown in Munich he would not have had to hand £100,000 of his purse over in fines and would have had more than enough to sustain himself through the length of his ban. You'll have to forgive me if I can't muster up too much sympathy for the woman beating thug.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:37 pm

The fight needs to and shall go ahead. The BBBoC can threaten all the participants of this event as much as they want. Next they will threaten to give fans who attend this fight football hooligan style banning orders from future boxing events

In the words of Keith Richards..."I am not subject to your petty morals"

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

The fight needs to go ahead.......

Shut up

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Shut up
Stop insulting me and disagree with an opinion like a grown adult for a change

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:42 pm

Grown adult.............. clap

Why does it need to go ahead????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:44 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:this the the problem with fractured governing bodys, nobody has enough power to overrule anybody else. chisora could make a living boxing on the road like Williams did and nobody would stop him.
This fight could fracture things even more.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why does it need to go ahead????
Because the public want it. The ticket sales alone speak volumes. Manny v Floyd hasnt happened due to boxing politics and we all moan about that yet when a boxing board steps in to stop a fight just because they aint getting a slice of the pie suddenly its all fantastic and they are doing the right thing. Just let them fight for goodness sake. Chisora is a tool of the highest order and Haye is just a mouth but watching these pair of clowns beat each other up will be good fun

More nonsense from the BBBoC 1347041234

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:56 pm

The public want it?????? Headscratch

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The public want it?????? Headscratch
Ticket sales say it all. Plus even my casual boxing fan friends are looking forward to this one. Its a seller Truss boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:46 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:You can't do that you need to set a punishment and let the man serve his sentence its peoples right to earn a living you are dealing with.

Thats Warren talking. The BBBC suspended his licence. They hardy denied him the ability to work. He was free to box anywhere else and if desperate could have got a job just like anyone else in the UK.

I wasnt a fan of the indefinate ban myself, but I think the BBBBC's intention was just to stop Chisora boxing in Britain but let him do the circuits elsewhere in Europe if he wanted to. Ironically alot less of a punishment than a total ban where he may not have been able to box for a period at all. They just didnt forsee being circumnavigated like they were and now feel completely undermined.

I also think Warren was worried Haye would go off and fight Vitali while Chisora was banned so decided to push through with this fight. Not to even wait to hear an appeal set for June tells it own story.

But as you say, the more desperate the BBBC become trying to challenge it the more powerless they will appear to stop it I suspect. Cant see any basis for Warren to be guilty of anything illegal here and I dont think hes even broken any BBBC regulations, never mind actual laws to be honest. The only thing they seem to be throwing at him is bringing the sport into disrepute which Im not sure will stick.

They should have expected this to happen it's Frank warren we are talking about here. I would have had no problem with the BBBoC banning Chisora for a specific period of time that was the right thing to do. This would have stopped him boxing in Britain. You can't stop fighters fighting their will always be somewhere for them to go but don't leave yourself open to letting it happen in your own back yard.

The way I see it is that they bottled it. They had so many people who know nothing about the sport and were only to happy sticking the boot in that it put them under the spotlight more than they had been in years. They also had Sky sticking the boot in along with Barry Hearn, his son and Frank Maloney.

They did nothing they took his licence off him but he was allowed to apply for a licence in Britain or anywhere else the latter would even allow his promoter to stage a fight involving Chisora in Britian. How is that a punishment?

If they didn't want him boxing in Britain then you ban him from boxing in Britain and btw that's not Warren talking that's common sense. Courts give out punishments and sentences for a reason good faith isn't quite a form of justice.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:19 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

They should have expected this to happen it's Frank warren we are talking about here. I would have had no problem with the BBBoC banning Chisora for a specific period of time that was the right thing to do. This would have stopped him boxing in Britain. You can't stop fighters fighting their will always be somewhere for them to go but don't leave yourself open to letting it happen in your own back yard.

The way I see it is that they bottled it. They had so many people who know nothing about the sport and were only to happy sticking the boot in that it put them under the spotlight more than they had been in years. They also had Sky sticking the boot in along with Barry Hearn, his son and Frank Maloney.

They did nothing they took his licence off him but he was allowed to apply for a licence in Britain or anywhere else the latter would even allow his promoter to stage a fight involving Chisora in Britian. How is that a punishment?

If they didn't want him boxing in Britain then you ban him from boxing in Britain and btw that's not Warren talking that's common sense. Courts give out punishments and sentences for a reason good faith isn't quite a form of justice.

No all this Warren guff about Chisora's right to earn a living etc is nonsense. The punishment he received from the BBBC was hardly that and nor was it disproportianate. He could ear a living anywhere in Britain, just not as a boxer. Hardly draconian given his behaviour. If he wanted to box he was expected to do it abroad until the BBBC saw fit to return his licence.

Actually, I dont think what Warren did was blindingly obvious to the BBBC, nor to be expected. It was exploiting a loophole that probably very few people could have anticipated. It appears to all be this common sense stuff now but I dont recall anyone pointing out how obvious it was before it happened.

Chisora was given a punishment and Warren found a way around it and undermined the BBBC which is the main reason they are up in arms. Their status is being threatened. I dont neccessarily think they bottled it because if they had they could have just rolled over and allowed Warren his way.

I hindsight, it appears a ban would have prevented this, but I dont think it was so anticipated that this would happen.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:35 pm

Chisora earns his living as a boxer so the BBBoC as the people who grant him his licence to earn that living should take proper measures in disciplinary matters. What they did was take his licence away and left him with the option of re-applying to the BBBoC or go elsewhere. That's not a punishment that's a farce.

They either did it for 1 of 2 reasons- they acted in good faith to let Chsiora go and box elsewhere and that is nonsense. Or they bottled and tried to make it look like they had took a hard stance against Chisora when they had actually done nothing.

I'm no legal expert and never knew the loophole was their but the BBBoC should know their own rules and regulations. Frank Warren and his legal team knew more about the BBBoC rules and regulations than the board did and that just makes them look like a joke.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:42 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Chisora earns his living as a boxer so the BBBoC as the people who grant him his licence to earn that living should take proper measures in disciplinary matters. What they did was take his licence away and left him with the option of re-applying to the BBBoC or go elsewhere. That's not a punishment that's a farce.

They either did it for 1 of 2 reasons- they acted in good faith to let Chsiora go and box elsewhere and that is nonsense. Or they bottled and tried to make it look like they had took a hard stance against Chisora when they had actually done nothing.

I'm no legal expert and never knew the loophole was their but the BBBoC should know their own rules and regulations. Frank Warren and his legal team knew more about the BBBoC rules and regulations than the board did and that just makes them look like a joke.

Yes, I agree. I think their intention was to make Chisora someone elses problem. Although Im not sure if an outright ban would have had any juristiction in other countries regardless. Whats stopping him boxing in russia for example even if the BBBC ban him?

And yes, they have been made look silly. But I dont think it could have been anticipated what Warren would do. Even if the BBBC were aware of the loophole I dont think they would have expected Warren to have the balls to do what he did.

Basically I think the BBBCs intention was to tell Chisora to go away and be someone elses problem for a year and come back when this mess has died down.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:57 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Chisora earns his living as a boxer so the BBBoC as the people who grant him his licence to earn that living should take proper measures in disciplinary matters. What they did was take his licence away and left him with the option of re-applying to the BBBoC or go elsewhere. That's not a punishment that's a farce.

Yes, I agree. I think their intention was to make Chisora someone elses problem. Although Im not sure if an outright ban would have had any juristiction in other countries regardless. Whats stopping him boxing in russia for example even if the BBBC ban him?

And yes, they have been made look silly. But I dont think it could have been anticipated what Warren would do. Even if the BBBC were aware of the loophole I dont think they would have expected Warren to have the balls to do what he did.

Basically I think the BBBCs intention was to tell Chisora to go away and be someone elses problem for a year and come back when this mess has died down.

They couldn't have stopped him going and boxing anywhere else apart from Germany if they had banned him because all affiliated bodies to the E.B.U can uphold a ban in their country that is handed out in another country. The German board wouldn't have gave him a licence.

If they knew the loophole was their then that would make it even worse. Imagine someone acting in good faith towards Frank Warren that's laughable but it could well be what they done.

I agree with you they wanted him to go away but they should have made sure he couldn't box over here because any chance Warren could get to put on Haye vs Chisora in Birtain he would take it because he knows it will make money and it's a huge boost to his TV channel.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:47 pm

when chisora and haye become bigger names from this fight the bbboc will come crawling back as they will be the 2 fighters who can make them the most money, which is all they care about.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:13 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's not nonsense....

What If Joey Barton started for QPR in his game last year despite suspension????

He would not be able to start for QPR but if they sold him and he want to play under a different FA then he could.. so not the same comparison..

if your going to punish a guy do it, don't toy with his career, the guy needs to earn a living. He was an idiot yes, so punish him and deal with it dont use your power to disrespect his career. If they leave him hanging on a string not knowing when he is going to be able to to make some more money then he has a right to go to another place for a license.. simple as that.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:12 pm

tunes666 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's not nonsense....

He would not be able to start for QPR but if they sold him and he want to play under a different FA then he could.. so not the same comparison..

if your going to punish a guy do it, don't toy with his career, the guy needs to earn a living. He was an idiot yes, so punish him and deal with it dont use your power to disrespect his career. If they leave him hanging on a string not knowing when he is going to be able to to make some more money then he has a right to go to another place for a license.. simple as that.

They didnt toy with his career. They withdrew his licence with the intention of stopping him boxing in Britain. He was free to box elsewhere. They didnt have any impact on his ability to earn a living either. He could get a job like anyone else. Rendall Munroe is a binman, Clinton Woods is a plasterer, Glen McCrory used to work in a pub.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:14 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:when chisora and haye become bigger names from this fight the bbboc will come crawling back as they will be the 2 fighters who can make them the most money, which is all they care about.

Im not sure about that. If they were only interested in money they would have just rolled over and allowed Warren hold the fight with their blessing.

Their whole authority and ability to govern is being undermined so I think thats the real concern for them.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

Its quite ridiculous that this fight is going ahead and that in our own country its seemingly impossible to prevent it. Hopefully someone sees sense and can enforce a proper ban on this pair. If any good comes of it, it may just be that boxing takes a closer look at itself and learns to govern itself properly. The fact that our own Boxing Board cant enforce its own punishment is surely a serious issue that needs addressing?

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:04 pm

If they had banned Chisora it wouldn't be happening in Britain. Sauerland don't have a German licence they use an Eastern European licence because they have had issues with the German boxing authorities. As long as the body is affiliated to the EBU they can sanction a fight in any associated country.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:09 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:If they had banned Chisora it wouldn't be happening in Britain. Sauerland don't have a German licence they use an Eastern European licence because they have had issues with the German boxing authorities. As long as the body is affiliated to the EBU they can sanction a fight in any associated country.

Thanks for claifying, but this is surely a mistake? As this fight proves, the lack of control that our own board has is worrying. Can you imagine if FIFA, or even the Luxembourg FA began interfering in our own football leagues without consequence? It would be disastrous.

I think the whole boxing governace should be given a shake up and re-organised. This kind of thing should not be allowed to happen.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

No one other than the FA can interfere with the football league as it is fully within the their jurisdiction, what they can't stop is an outside body setting up a rival league which from a monetary point of view isn't really viable.

It has nothing to do with the way boxing is governed it is EU law that allows right of passage.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

If the FA never recognised the new organisation then neither would FIFA or UEFA because they deal only with FA and bodies associated with FAs.

This is a huge part of boxings problem a ban by the BBBoC wouldn't have stopped Chisora fighting he would have got a licence to do it somewhere it would have stopped it happening in Britain or any of the bigger boxing nations in Europe.

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:54 pm

Gordy wrote:Its quite ridiculous that this fight is going ahead and that in our own country its seemingly impossible to prevent it. Hopefully someone sees sense and can enforce a proper ban on this pair. If any good comes of it, it may just be that boxing takes a closer look at itself and learns to govern itself properly. The fact that our own Boxing Board cant enforce its own punishment is surely a serious issue that needs addressing?
What's more ridiculous is that people are quite happy to see the BBBC undermined for a Chisora and Haye fight. Neither of them are worth it.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Personally I think it's Warren needs his licesne revoked. Not that he's done anything against the rules but he just doesn't make good fights. he is a pointless promoter, just out to line his own pocket.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

This is a good fight to make.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:11 am

Be interesting to see how this goes now that the EBU has taken steps to remove the Luxembourg Federation. Cue pending legal action, but glad that the EBU have sided with the BBBoC on this.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:36 am

Desperation I think Trott - they want to test Frank Warrens balls - yet is this a wise course of action? It seems to me that Warren has his back to the wall and a lawsuit would probably find in his favour. The courts outside boxing usually follow the letter of the law rather than perceived (however geunine that perception may be) allowing some mitigating circumstance where appropriate. Might just turn the whole game into one single European board - who can be held accountable Very Happy but most like humiliation all round except for franks pockets.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:42 am

The Luxembourg Boxing Federation may back down yet. Even their government sports minister is against what they are doing. Besides, Warren can't sue everybody.....or can he?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:43 am

Thats the wonderful thing about the european union Laugh Everyone is fair game

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:01 am

Take it you're at work again then Shah?

I'd agree with you that they'd find in Warrens favour but in the long term it cannot be good for him, especially with boxings track record of favouritism with awarding fights/title shot.

There was an article the other day that mentioned his decreasing stable, if he gets on the wrong side of the BBBoC, EBU and possibly the WBC he may see it shrink further.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:11 am

Yeh mate snagged yesterday off to drop my sister off to the airport and now back for my endless days of work. I Understand that - but I think Warren has something up his sleeve - as much as we don't like him - that guy is only trumped in the slippery stakes by Don King and Tony Blair.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:37 am

Ha. Could definitely agree with that.

A whole day off to drop your sister to the airport. Where was she flying from Charles De Gaulle?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:39 am

Na from Heathrow - But I have to open up the building where I work, manage the keys and keep Gypsies out - and the guy who had to cover me had to drive in from 20 miles away - so offered him the whole day and he accepted.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down