The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best"

5 posters

Go down

Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best" Empty Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best"

Post by 123456789 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18296748

Gregor Townsend is now Glasgow's official coach and has set himself the target of making Glasgow one of Europe's best teams, a tough task set by a man who couldn't make Scotland score a try against Georgia. I hope he does very well because Scotland needs two decent sides and also it would be good to get more options in for when Robinson goes.

Back to top Go down

Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best" Empty Re: Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best"

Post by Cryptoyourisan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

123456789 wrote:... it would be good to get more options in for when Robinson goes.

Three weeks today?

Very Happy

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best" Empty Re: Townsend wants to make Glasgow "one of Europe's best"

Post by 123456789 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

Cryptoyourisan wrote:
123456789 wrote:... it would be good to get more options in for when Robinson goes.

Three weeks today?

Very Happy
That would mean we've had a really crap tour, in fact I don't think even that would get rid of him. We'd end up with the usual "Andy thinks he can take this team forward" bilge or "Despite the fact we lost to a side with worse players than us I think their are signs of improvement" from the SRU.
I want Scotland to do well all the time but Robinson must be on the edge now, also with the squads announced two wins must be the minimum but 3 should be the expectation. That's a bit off topic actually...

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

They could go on to dominate the ECC for years.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

I don't really see how Townsend can make Glasgow a top European side, they have wage budgets of maybe £2.5 million a season, while their academies are not as good as the other British teams.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

AlynDavies wrote:I don't really see how Townsend can make Glasgow a top European side, they have wage budgets of maybe £2.5 million a season, while their academies are not as good as the other British teams.
The man's a genius, he can do literally anything. He equaled the record set for the lowest try-scoring record in the world cup with a tier one nation, since becoming the attack coach in 2009 we have scored a ridiculously low amount of tries, never doubt this man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:26 pm

Why not?

Spoiler:
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down