The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting eleven for Friday???

4 posters

Go down

Starting eleven for Friday??? Empty Starting eleven for Friday???

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:49 pm

With Maynard and Roy having a few decent games recently I think they will play. I'm guessing Tremlett is unavailable and KP and Ramps are both injured not sure about Davies??. Has De Bryun played yet?? Having signed Arafat early on he better be avaliable for the first game after the debacle of last season's oversea's player. We know the date the season starts it should not be hard for the club to do their job and get the oversea's player there in time! Anyway my team would be....

Brown
Lancefield
Davies
De Bryun
Maynard
Roy
Hamiton-Brown
Arafat
Batty
Jordan
Linely

I would actually consider Jewell for Batty but can't see that happening. We obviously have Wilson if Davies is not available and Meaker could come in for Jordan or Linely.

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Starting eleven for Friday??? Empty Re: Starting eleven for Friday???

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:53 pm

Just realised I forgot about Dernbach Doh I suppose he would come in for Linely or Jordan

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu 07 Apr 2011, 5:32 am

Hmmm it is a tough one as to what will be the lineup. Wilson has been opening in the last 2 games so he may be in there in place of Lancefield, although I wouldn't like him to be. I would like to see Meaker in there alongside Dernbach with Jordan and Linley as second and third change and Batty as our spinner. So something like:

Brown
Lancefield
Davies
De Bruyn
Maynard
RHB
Batty
Jordan
Meaker
Linley
Dernbach

Maybe Jewell in place of Linley though due to his better batting ability. Also the batting order could be changed quite easily, we have lots of middle order players but no 'number 3' type to replace Ramps. Roy isn't ready yet for me, Maynard strikes me as a better version of him right now.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Fri 08 Apr 2011, 5:52 am

You appear to have a very strong squad this year and i'd back you to do well. at least with the names in that side and the money spent you should do. I think your line up will be:

1 - Brown
2 - Wilson
3 - De Bruyn
4 - Roy
5 - Davies
6 - RHB
7 - Maynard
8 - Batty
9 - Jordan
10 - Arafat
11 - Meaker

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:42 am

That looks about right looking at the squad that has been named, although I would expect Maynard at 4 and Dernbach in place of Roy.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:56 am

Is Dernbach fit? I thought he had a minor hamstring or something similar? Anyway thats a side that should really beat Northants.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:02 am

You are indeed correct, in which case your team was probably correct, Maynard at 7 seems a bit low though. All will be revealed tomorrow though, really hope we give a good account of ourselves and we definitely should be able to beat Northants, I think we usually do quite well against them.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

Darned difficult to predict the starting XI from the squad of thirteen. Of the team suggested by packofwolves, I think Maynard and Jordan may miss out with their places going to Schofield and the Viscount. However, quite a few will be having an anxious night - the places of Batty, Roy and Wilson are by no means secure.

I have a much needed day off tomorrow from the Woking salt mines and so will be at the game. Further thoughts to follow tomorrow evening ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Fri 08 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm

Good to see you over here Guildford! I'm almost disappointed that yourselves and Worcester aren't in the same division again this year for our exchanges Wink

Surely Adams wont feel the need to field two spinners (i use the tern loosely) this early in the season? Personally I wouldn't play Roy, but Surrey seem to have a lot of faith in him. Good luck anyway! I look forward to your updates Guildford (:

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome, packofwolves.

My reasoning on the XI I think Adams will pick is based on (i) Jordan not yet being back to full strength - Adams described him earlier this week as being at 'eighty per cent' pre injury; (ii) Adams remains impressed by and supportive of the players who pulled off a narrow win at Gloucs on the last day of last season - that side included Roy and Schofield but not Batty who was dropped; and (iii) Dernbach's injury has probably given a place to Viscount Linley but may also push out Maynard as we bring in further bowling cover - hence, the two slowies playing in my predicted side.

All completely logical and probably entirely wrong! I now need to make my sarnies and head for the train in hope ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sat 09 Apr 2011, 7:07 am

Well it looks like a bit of a mixed bag today, very disappointing that 4 people made a start and got out but great to see Hyphen in the runs. 322 is probably below par so we will need to bowl well tomorrow. Hopefully guildford can enlighten us as to how we batted ad how the pitch is playing after his day off from the salt mines.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down