The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RG Day 12 - Womens Semi's

+9
Tom_____
Jeremy_Kyle
kemet
User 774433
newballs
lydian
barrystar
sirfredperry
laverfan
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RG Day 12 - Womens Semi's - Page 2 Empty RG Day 12 - Womens Semi's

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

I know most won't be interested, but it is intriguing as both Semi's have the right balance. Also we can discuss all that has transpired over the 2 weeks and any else tennis associated. OK

Errani v Stosur. I quite fancy the Italian. She has been moving well and her CC FH has been solid. I fancy Errani in 3.

Sharapova v Kvitova. I think that 3-setter yesterday may have left Kvitova a bit jaded. Both players will not let up and plus both have to serve much better than their respective games yesterday. Sharapova in 2.

Back to top Go down

RG Day 12 - Womens Semi's - Page 2 Empty Re: RG Day 12 - Womens Semi's

Post by barrystar Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:25 pm

And for the third year in a row we have an Italian woman in the RG Final - well done.

Errani is also in the doubles final.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

I am very impressed with the way that Errani held her nerve to serve out the match to love, against such a solid claycourt performer and grandslam champion.

Congrats to her.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:34 pm

clap Errani, this girl seems to have a real bright future ahead!
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom_____ Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:41 pm

Good prediction LK. I was hoping to see Errani win. Firstly because i think the effort she has put in to improve her game this far on into her career (currently 25) means shes deserves it. However secondly because i think its important to have a final that will have at least one player looking to construct points. Too often these days the women appear to play a game of 'Whack-a-ball' rather than tennis and to be honest from the second semi, although there's big talent i don't particularly look forward to watch/hearing either trade blows. At least now we will have a real contrast in the final. I hope Errani takes it, she seems to have strong mental composure here and back at the AUS open generally speaking.

I also think Francesca Schiavone has given a boost to the motivation levels and belief of Italians ladies - really refreshing to be honest

Last edited by Tom_____ on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tom_____

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote: clap Errani, this girl seems to have a real bright future ahead!

I agree. She showed exceptional mental fortitude to hold her nerve, considering she spurned an opportunity at 3-0, 30-15 on Stosur and got broken in the subsequent service game. This is the mark of a champion.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:06 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Newballs. Totally agree about the attractive unpredictability of the women's game and the constant appearance of new faces at the business end of tournaments.
But may be you're being too kind to the women. The standard at RG has been really poor. Watching the end of the Kvitova match yesterday was painful, with point after point ending with an unforced error.
Intersrting to see what the crowds will be like for today's semis when there's no men's singles. Long lunches for some, I think...

SFP: I am not sure the standard of Women tennis is currently below par. I am sure you remember the era when the ticket Navratilova/ Evert was sharing nearly every slam final for a decade or so? Well: two fenomenal players for sure, but was the field deep enough behind them? Afterwards: Seles/ Graf, then: only Graf and Williams decade: women tennis has been always an elitarian game, if it is less so these years is probably because the quality in average has improved.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Thanks Tom OK

Yes for once I think we have a potential gem in Errani. Her movement has been smooth and like you say constructs points very well and yes a degree of intelligence behind them too.

It is difficult really to see Kvitova or Sharapova to hit through her. Had Stosur got through then Sharapova or Kvitova would've had a small chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

Well that does it then! Sharapova is bound to win now!!

She screams
She has a dull game
She has hardly any skills and just hits it hard
If somone is on top form like the Williams bros, or Henin in the past she loses

If she wasn't as pleasing on the eye she'd be an absolute horror! Thank God she doesn't look like Lindsay Davenport!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

She has beat the Williams in a GS final.

She has beat Henin in a GS final.

So stop moaning you tithead! You don't have to watch the match!

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

Who asked you you dick stain. You'd think it was your article or something!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

Sharapova has just been broken, and her service stats for the 2nd set look vulnerable. She can't win a 2nd serve for love nor money and her 1st serve is less successful than in the 1st set. It's not over yet.

For me Sharapova's plus point is her determination, she never gives up, otherwise whilst recognising her achievements like Super D Boon I find her presence on a tennis court painful to listen too. Whether a match she plays in is entertaining depends to a large extent on her opponent's level and style of play.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:00 pm

You talk crap all the time! You have no clue about tennis at all.

Go back to google muppet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

GSM Maria.

So Sharapova v Errani it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

LKv2 and SDB... cool it.

Masha wins. Time for ear-muffs in the finals.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:14 pm

OK

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

That girl is all guts.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm

great games, congrats winner, its good to see an underdog in the final, is that any indication on what to see on Men's too.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:59 pm

kemet wrote:I am very impressed with the way that Errani held her nerve to serve out the match to love, against such a solid claycourt performer and grandslam champion.

Congrats to her.

This is the same player that beat Ana Ivanovic in the first round of this year's French Open, so for all Ivanovic fans out there it must be heartening to know that your favourite player looks near back to her best after winning the first set against this year's Finalist's by 6 games to 1.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom_____ Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:00 pm

Although i rate Sharapova, i do think her career is punctuated more by her big match losses than it is by her big match wins (the breakthrough wimbledon title withstanding). I think the reason for this is mainly the serve that can totally bail, leading her to not play the big points well a lot of the time. It will be interesting vs. Errani for two reasons. Firstly Shara has the pressure of being favourite and expected to complete her career slam. Secondly, errani's style will mean that Shara will have to go out there and do the winning, make the shots etc. I don't think Errani will cave and give too many free points away.

Tom_____

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

Good points Tom...Sharapova's movement could also be exposed if Errani can absorb her shots then make her run. She's more prone to wobbles than years back in tight moments.
The problem I have is that I'll have to turn the sound down if I'm to watch the match, can't abide all that shrieking.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:42 am

Errani has done really well to reach the final and has beaten three GS winners to get there. Do hope she doesn't let GS final nerves get to her. If the gutsy way she served out the match against Stosur is anything to go by, she'll be mentally strong in the final.
Still taking Sharapova to win. Let's face it, she'll never have a better chance to win the French and complete the set. Mind you, I expect some thought that if Stosur didn't beat Schiavone in that RG final then she'd never win a Slam. But she did.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

laverfan wrote:LKv2 and SDB... cool it.

Masha wins. Time for ear-muffs in the finals.

He started it!

This final is as good as gone now. Sharapova shouldn't be allowed to scream her way to titles! I know loads of people who go to Wimbledon every year and they all hate her. Pay their money to watch some harlot hollering like lunatic. She should be made to stop! And she's dull to watch as well.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2