The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level

+16
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Super D Boon
John Bloody Wayne
TopHat24/7
mobilemaster8
Seanusarrilius
Valero's Conscience
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Sir. badgerhands
88Chris05
azania
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
davidemore
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level Empty Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:02 am

Top 5 fighters at world level, who are top ten in their division, but can't punch. That have little to no one punch KO power. Go!!!!!!!

1. Paulie "Magic Man" Malignaggi: Soft hands for sure, although did the job in his last fight.
2. Carlos Molina: No power that one, relatively speaking.
3. Austin Trout: Didn't look strong in his last fight, gifted but not KO strong IMO.
4. Chad Dawson: When was the last time he decked an opponent?
5. Andre Ward: The guy cannot knock out opponents, but he can hurt them.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level Empty Re: Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

Whitaker is technically the best but I think he had that sharp respectable type power, similar to Floyd.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level Empty Re: Couldn't Burst a Grape in a Fruit Fight: Top 5 Soft Hands Fighting at World Level

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:05 am

Pep and Locche?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:07 am

Active fighters.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:09 am

Holyfield

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:09 am

Calderon's obviously a standout. Has achieved 'great' status by boxing rings around fine opponents, rather than overpowering them.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:10 am

azania wrote:Holyfield

You stand in front of his left hook, tell me how it feels! king Laugh

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:14 am

haha! sore i'm guessing.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:18 am

Ha.

I'd have some child maintenance certificate to defend myself with. Holy sees it like a vampire does a cross.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:19 am

azania wrote:Ha.

I'd have some child maintenance certificate to defend myself with. Holy sees it like a vampire does a cross.

Haha, defo his kryptonite!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:22 am

Robin Givens had the softest hands, but she sure did KO Tyson. Didn't even go the championship rounds.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

Calderon (Chris beat me to it steam )
Sweet Pea was a tad short on KO's as well was he not?

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

Man alive, he got screwed in the courts, after all the screwing he did it's ironic really.

Shane Mosley got it hard in the courtroom when he divorced his wife. Does anyone know if RJJ is broke or just stupid for fighting on? Never really knew, he must have made millions.

He can't KO anymore, obviously, but then again he is nowhere near top ten anything. Top ten sleepy boxers maybe... timber!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

azania wrote:Robin Givens had the softest hands,

Even though its been a long time I still wouldn't let Mike know that you know that!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:25 am

Active fighters!!!!!! not all timers or oldies... Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:25 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:Calderon (Chris beat me to it steam )

More steam? Read first response mate! Laugh

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:27 am

davidemore wrote:Man alive, he got screwed in the courts, after all the screwing he did it's ironic really.

Shane Mosley got it hard in the courtroom when he divorced his wife. Does anyone know if RJJ is broke or just stupid for fighting on? Never really knew, he must have made millions.

He can't KO anymore, obviously, but then again he is nowhere near top ten anything. Top ten sleepy boxers maybe... timber!!!

Stupid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:27 am

RJJ stop!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:28 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:Calderon (Chris beat me to it steam )

More steam? Read first response mate! Laugh

Doh
Curse my workplace keeping me from replying in double quick fashion on here!!!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:29 am

Surley got to be Zuri Lawrence

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:31 am

Can't argue with the above names and would go with Calderon and paulie as my top 2.

I would put cleverley in the mix as well, doesn't have great power against current opposition so will be very soft at the top level.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Can't argue with the above names and would go with Calderon and paulie as my top 2.

I would put cleverley in the mix as well, doesn't have great power against current opposition so will be very soft at the top level.

Defo! He should have been putting Karpency away!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:34 am

Jessie Vargas

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:34 am

Clev has no power at all on world level

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:36 am

Cleverley is a man without an island. Granted he has the belt, and money in his pocket, but in terms of fights he's in the wind.

He cannot fight another hag or journeyman, he has to fight someone real, he's at world level, apparently, so can't hang about. But his promoter is Frank Warren. Quick to get you a belt but slow to make you a real fight, unless in house.

If Clev can't hurt opponents, then at this level, he is screwed. He looked to be growing into the weight against Murat, but in his last few fights the opponents have been able to stick around. Hmm...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:36 am

Well said Seanus.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:38 am

davidemore wrote:Well said Seanus.

Cheers,

Clev has a good engine and good chin, but no power.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

and fighting low level for so long... well... look what happened to Bute? Pancaked.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:41 am

Yeah decent skills and a decent defense but power is very minimal.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:43 am

davidemore wrote:and fighting low level for so long... well... look what happened to Bute? Pancaked.

To be fair to Bute he was facing much better guys than Clev is and he was facing the best that were available (S6 fighters being tied up)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:44 am

Decent chin too but they don't last forever, even Frochy took a knee. And his is cast-iron.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

Alex what i mean is if you were a pro footy player and played with an amateur team for a long time, how long before your skills diminished or were over heightened? I know it is extreme but protecting Bute ultimately cost him, in the ring not financially of course.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:49 am

Id have to say:

Paulie Malignaggi - Softer than anything
Timothy Bradley - Not a massive KO artist, has landed good flush shots which only tend to stun or "buzz" his opponents.
Nathan Cleverly - Again, speed and technical skills with no real power
Chad Dawson - Hits opponents flush quite often but nothing really there
Andre Ward - Technically brilliant but no pop.

Special Note:

Joe Calzaghe?? Always seemed to stop opponents based on volume of punches with nothing in return. No real "snap your neck" back kind of power.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

Great insight mobile.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Id have to say:

Timothy Bradley - Not a massive KO artist, has landed good flush shots which only tend to stun or "buzz" his opponents.

Special Note:

Joe Calzaghe?? Always seemed to stop opponents based on volume of punches with nothing in return. No real "snap your neck" back kind of power.

Yeah Joe's career was tKO mainly. Think he did have pop early on, but bad hands and a very pooor "power punching" technique affected that. He was so slappy at times it was silly. Manfredo fight, that stoppage always stays in my head. Slap attack. But he was class.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:54 am

davidemore wrote:Alex what i mean is if you were a pro footy player and played with an amateur team for a long time, how long before your skills diminished or were over heightened? I know it is extreme but protecting Bute ultimately cost him, in the ring not financially of course.

Oh no, I know and completely agree, just saying at least Bute took on fighters that presented him some kind of challenge.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

1 in 42, haha! who was that against, his mum?

True that Alex, i mean Bute did face 1 or 2 live opponents. Bute can come again, but not against Froch, not after that, a tune up and then a world level fight. His tune up will have to be someone decent though, not a complete hag.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:08 am

alma wrote:Not sure if valuev counts as active but he didn't seem to have much power considering his size. There was chap due to fight JMM who only had 1 KO in 42 wins.

This was the chap who he fought before Pac last year if i'm not mistaken?

A joke fight just to keep him busy and pose zero threat before taking on Pac. He get's sparked out in the first round but looked a little dodgy!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:11 am

Ricky Burns?

Nice guy and good technical boxer but pretty feather-fisted.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:12 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:Id have to say:

Special Note:

Yeah Joe's career was tKO mainly. Think he did have pop early on, but bad hands and a very pooor "power punching" technique affected that. He was so slappy at times it was silly. Manfredo fight, that stoppage always stays in my head. Slap attack. But he was class.

Was thinking the same thing with regards to the Manfredo fight! Always stuck in my mind aswell. Even with Jeff Lacy, he must have landed a billion shots......yes he marked him up, but still couldnt properly "knock him out". Was indeed class though!

Also, having thought it through, wasnt Ivan Calderon a P4P top 10 at one point? Im sure he only knocked out around 5 or so opponents in 38 fights!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:13 am

Ricky Burns is a good shout Top Hat

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:14 am

Anyone seen that monstrous looking right hand Valuev hit Monty Barret with? woeful technique robbed it of its power but it did look mighty impressive.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:17 am

No, please youtube me the link!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:18 am

Not top 10 ranked but how about Nobuhiro Ishida (though I'm sure James Kirkland would disagree!!)?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CobVNTwL0

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:25 am

I agree that Clev's no power hitter, but I believe his natural pop is greater than it looks.

Anybody who's boxed can tell you one of the most important factors is range. If you stood so close to Tommy Hearns that you had your head on his chest he couldn't deliver his hardest shots because he was a long range puncher.

I don't know his measurements, but Clev's arms look pretty long to me, so his hardest shots should be from range. Instead of keeping it long he closes his foe down and smothers his own offense because he's too close to get full leverage. Maybe he were taught the joys of a long jab he'd start putting people down more regularly.

I think Ward's more powerful than he appears too, but his style favours spoiling his opponents strengths rather than magnifying his own.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:27 am

I know not a real world champ in truest sense of the word but former WBo
Super Featherweight Champ, Barry Jones. 18-1 with 0 KOs. No KOs at all!

A 0% knock out rate for a world champion!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:28 am

Super D Boon wrote:I know not a real world champ in truest sense of the word but former WBo
Super Featherweight Champ, Barry Jones. 18-1 with 0 KOs. No KOs at all!

A 0% knock out rate for a world champion!

Wow. not een a TKO on cuts

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:33 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I agree that Clev's no power hitter, but I believe his natural pop is greater than it looks.

Anybody who's boxed can tell you one of the most important factors is range. If you stood so close to Tommy Hearns that you had your head on his chest he couldn't deliver his hardest shots because he was a long range puncher.

I don't know his measurements, but Clev's arms look pretty long to me, so his hardest shots should be from range. Instead of keeping it long he closes his foe down and smothers his own offense because he's too close to get full leverage. Maybe he were taught the joys of a long jab he'd start putting people down more regularly.

Further argument that Clev needs to dump his dad as trainer and get a serious level operator in.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:39 am

ShahenshahG wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CobVNTwL0

How on earth did Monte not see that one coming! He ran about 10ft towards him loaded up ready to throw!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next