The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotlands tour

3 posters

Go down

Scotlands tour Empty Scotlands tour

Post by mckay1402 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:26 am

I'm just wondering, is Scotland the first top tier country to tour the south pacific for a long time? I don't ever remember a top nation playing in Fiji or Samoa. I have obviously read about the disastrous Wales tour in the 80's but have never actually witnessed it.

I do think playing Samoa and Fiji at home will show a very different light on them than them always playing away. I think Scotland could realistically lose both of these games.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Scotlands tour Empty Re: Scotlands tour

Post by KickAndChase Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:34 am

Fiji 0 - 25 Visser
Samoa 0 - 20 Visser

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

Last time Scotland toured Fiji this happened. I doubt we'll get pumped quite so badly but I'm not holding my breath for Tim Visser being the catalyst to Scotland becoming a good team. The truly sad thing is that beating Australia will probably mean Andy Robinson will keep his job until at least December, even if we do lose to Fiji and Samoa.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:53 am

I don't think you should place any significance on 14 years ago for either team. Literally none of the people involved in either team are now still involved with it.

That's like claiming Henry Ford Motors works exactly the same as it used to in every single way.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:02 am

Highlighting that result was more in response to mckay1402 saying he didn't remember a top nation playing in Fiji or Samoa. Maybe he was aware of the result but doesn't consider Scotland a 'top nation'...

Wink

I am apprehensive about these games seeing as Scotland have struggled at home to Fiji and Samoa in recent times. It'll only be harder for Scotland out there, although I think the results will depend more on the teams that Fiji and Samoa field than anything. Samoa have also recently beaten a better Wallabies team in Australia, in proper conditions and in a more convincing fashion than Scotland did the other day.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:23 am

Actually I wasn't aware of it. I don't remember it at all but Scotland losing to Fiji in Fiji doesn't surprise me too much. I don't think Fiji are as strong as they were but having home advantage will play a abig part and I very much doubt we'll see weather like Newcastle.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:30 am

Ah okay Crypt, sorry for misinterpretation Very Happy

I'm also, realistically, a bit worried. One that as genuinely supportive fans we feel we really should be winning without a problem, but we just know that ain't the truth.

I *do* have an intuition we will thump Fiji though. I don't know why.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down