The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prometheus

+4
Derbyblue
talkingpoint
Skydriver
GG
8 posters

Go down

Rate out of 10

Prometheus Vote_lcap0%Prometheus Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Prometheus Vote_lcap5%Prometheus Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Prometheus Vote_lcap11%Prometheus Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Prometheus Vote_lcap26%Prometheus Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
Prometheus Vote_lcap21%Prometheus Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Prometheus Vote_lcap0%Prometheus Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Prometheus Vote_lcap4%Prometheus Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Prometheus Empty Prometheus

Post by GG Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:17 am

Had high hopes for this though I'm not a massive sci fi fan. Saw it on Wednesday, ended up very disappointed, thought the script was poor.

Thoughts?

GG

Back to top Go down

Prometheus Empty Re: Prometheus

Post by Skydriver Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

I can't go further than "quite good".

The trailer gave too much away for one thing (obviously a criticism aimed at the marketing rather than the film itself). Despite only an allegedly loose connection with Alien, there seemed to be a lot of echoes - which is fine on one hand, but diminishes the shock/surprise factor.

It's still a visually stunning film though, so worth seeing on the big screen for my money. However, I don't think this movie will go down in history as having as much impact as Alien or Blade Runner - perhaps unrealistic to expect another masterpiece, but that's unfortunately the high watermark which Mr Scott himself set.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

I gave it a 7

It may have been higher had the expectation not been set so high due to it being a prequel to the alien movies

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 11 Jun 2012, 9:57 pm

Skydriver wrote:I can't go further than "quite good".

The trailer gave too much away for one thing (obviously a criticism aimed at the marketing rather than the film itself). Despite only an allegedly loose connection with Alien, there seemed to be a lot of echoes - which is fine on one hand, but diminishes the shock/surprise factor.

It's still a visually stunning film though, so worth seeing on the big screen for my money. However, I don't think this movie will go down in history as having as much impact as Alien or Blade Runner - perhaps unrealistic to expect another masterpiece, but that's unfortunately the high watermark which Mr Scott himself set.

This.

Yeah I agree, I went into the film looking forward to it and taking at face value what Ridley had said about it not strictly being an Alien prequel but came out underwhelmed - the parallels between it and Alien were very obvious - even to the point of unoriginal - and I didn't think the film's plot was truly allowed to take shape due to the pace of the film; I know it has set up for a sequel but to be honest, I was hoping for a film with a little more substance to it rather than the precursor to a new franchise.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:22 am

Have seen it today, really no idea what to think of it just yet. Part of me thinks I just spent two hours watching a film designed purely to make me watch the sequel (supposedly already being filmed) but it was still enjoyable, my issue is how do i know i won't come out of Prometheus 2 having just as many (or more) unanswered questions?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

I gave it a 4. It was poor and I was left disapointed by all of it. And will they even call the sequel Prometheus 2? The spaceship was destroyed.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 25 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I gave it a 4. It was poor and I was left disapointed by all of it. And will they even call the sequel Prometheus 2? The spaceship was destroyed.
I think I read somewhere they had plans to call the sequel paradise or something like that, though technically they've claimed it has 2 sequels one being Alien the other being paradise or whatever it will be called.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 14 Aug 2012, 6:09 pm

I quite liked it myself, may even be a sequal.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

Has anyone watched the DVD of this and do the alternate beginnings and endings improve the film?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 15 Oct 2012, 8:25 pm

Derbyblue, I commented elsewhere about seeing some new scenes in the trailer. So it has an alternate beginning/ending? That's bound to bloody improve it!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

Yeah pretty sure that it does, but it does say something that it must be the first film to have both an alternate beginning and ending. Though I wonder if that was always their plan or was a reaction to the amount of negativity it received.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:06 pm

I thought this film was quite good actually. Same eerie, spine chilling feelings as Alien except without the Aliens or face huggers. I can see why some may not like it, but overall I thought it was pretty good. Love my Sci Fi though.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:42 pm

Not bad but the story could have been a lot better written.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down