The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faletau or Ryan who should start next week?

+3
wales606
logie28
dragonbreath
7 posters

Go down

Faletau or Ryan who should start next week? Empty Faletau or Ryan who should start next week?

Post by dragonbreath Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

Toby has not really done a lot recently. There is a lot of hype about our back row but for me the only immovable object is Lydiate. Tips for me is as good as Sam and Ryan on form is some way better than Toby and should start next week.

Toby or Ryan What do you think

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Faletau or Ryan who should start next week? Empty Re: Faletau or Ryan who should start next week?

Post by logie28 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:04 am

As an outsider I've never really bought into the hype around Faletau, a very good player certainly, but not the next Lions 8 as some have hailed him in my opinion, and I thought he was quiet today. Jones on the other hand seems to have recaptured some of his early career form in the latter stages of the season. I'd go for Jones.

I would add I think Lydiate and Warburton were fantastic again today, esp the former.

logie28

Back to top Go down

Faletau or Ryan who should start next week? Empty Re: Faletau or Ryan who should start next week?

Post by wales606 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:13 am

Ryan Jones, hands down.

Hate to say it, but we need more Ospreys.

Ryan has embodied everything good about the current state of Welsh rugby and has put in MOTM performances time and time again for the Ospreys - he was our second best forward in the 6Ns, despite spending most of it on the bench.

Faletau isn't having an impact on the game and his carrying yesterday was abysmal - Ryan made 3 times as much ground off the bench.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:21 am

Maybe Rory Gallagher was right. Our backrow just doesn't have the same impact without Jamie Roberts

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:33 am

Even as a Dragons fan I would have to say Ryan Jones to start at No8 next week.

Maybe its a bit of 2nd season syndrome etc but Toby hasn't quite hit the heights of last year.

My only doubt is can Ryan make the yards and get us over the gain line that Toby does from a retreating scrum?

I would start with Ryan next week and see how Toby reacts when he's brought on off the bench.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:43 am

Toby Faletau is still a kid. His time will come. Even with Tongan genes you can't expect a 21 year old to be the powerhouse we expect from the base of the scrum at international level. At club level, yes he's got more space to get up a head of steam. He's very good in the loose too. However, Ryan Jones at the moment is the form 8. It wasn't long ago that Ryan was gash too and Toby was our only answer, but we must pick on form so Ryan would be my choice (again, as a Dragons fan so club loyalty has not swayed my choice).

On the Tips and Warbs thing. Tips is in a grea deal of form so it would be tempting to bring him in. However, Warbs has been out for a long time so I'm sure he'll be a lot better next week if picked.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:54 am

Griff,

I think Toby is better of base of scrum and always gets forward but is off his game at mo and again Ryan for me to start.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:15 am

Faletau is on his way home to Wales with a broken hand, that is why he came off yesterday...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:21 am

Delve is in the squad and playing off the bench v brumbies

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:23 am

maestegmafia wrote:Faletau is on his way home to Wales with a broken hand, that is why he came off yesterday...

Thanks for updat maes, shame about the injury but think Jones should have started anyway next week.

Delve in the Welsh squad get in about *************** time.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Faletau is on his way home to Wales with a broken hand, that is why he came off yesterday...

Thanks for updat maes, shame about the injury but think Jones should have started anyway next week.

Delve in the Welsh squad get in about *************** time.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

Well that makes the selection for the 2nd test a bit clearer - Ryan will start.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

At least Toby has gained a lot of experience for the future RWC and 6N's, but Ryan should have been first choice for the last 6N and this tour, it is harder to get out of the Wales team when your face fits. Both Ryan and Delve have suffered due to the clicky nature of the Welsh selections (Hibbard and Biggar are others).

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down