The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why was Manny robbed?

+16
Super D Boon
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Valero's Conscience
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
Atila
AlexHuckerby
eddyfightfan
John Bloody Wayne
Rodney
manos de piedra
88Chris05
azania
NathanDB10
KO-KING
Sugar Floyd Louis
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Poll

Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 8 ]
Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 43

Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Empty Why was Manny robbed?

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can someone try and shed light on this as I'm still in shock, it doesn't make sense any way I look at it.

I struggle to believe the judges simply don't know boxing.

I struggle to believe Arum's making Bradley his new cash cow, he isn't popular and last night certainly wouldn't help his cause

Maybe this all being a plan to have a rematch makes a bit of sense, cause had Manny won the only viable fight I could see is a fourth fight with Marquez. Plus a rematch would be more anticipated, many more people who weren't interested last night will be, and I can already see how it would be built up, justice for Manny and all that...

Anyways, to think we all thought for Bradley to win by decision he would near enough have to t.ko Manny in every round, I guess what last night taught me is to never be surprised in this sport. As someone else pointed out it may be worth just watching huge title fights in future and not bothering with the scoring.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Why was Manny robbed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why was Manny robbed?

Post by manos de piedra Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:The Abril/Rios judge - Jerry Roth was actually the judge who had Pacquiao winning.

My apologies then, still odd he was allowed to judge the fight though!

Yeah the Abril fight was a howler. Hes quite an experienced judge though who has been judging for over 30 years. He also is the guy that scored the second Pac/JMM fight in favour of JMM.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am

All 3 judges were experienced judges. It gives Manny someone to fight later this year who isn't called Floyd or Juan and keeps it all in the house with Arum. Manny was burnt by his own boss.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Manny has a 3-0 record against Marquez that should read 1-2. Glad he was robbed. It's convenient he lost so he doesn't get a more devastating loss by being spanked by Mayweather. The steroid guzzling catchweight monster is the most overrated champion in living memory. What goes around comes around.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Manny has a 3-0 record against Marquez that should read 1-2. Glad he was robbed. It's convenient he lost so he doesn't get a more devastating loss by being spanked by Mayweather. The steroid guzzling catchweight monster is the most overrated champion in living memory. What goes around comes around.

Kinda agree, it's not just Manny but have the view with any fighter that if they are gifted a decision I have no qualms with them being robbed at a latter date to right the previous wrong.

That being said I don't necessary think Bradley was the one to benefit but so be it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Manny has a 3-0 record against Marquez that should read 1-2. Glad he was robbed. It's convenient he lost so he doesn't get a more devastating loss by being spanked by Mayweather. The steroid guzzling catchweight monster is the most overrated champion in living memory. What goes around comes around.

And JMM is still the loser because he doesn't get the win he deserved. Why you are glad he was robbed is a mystery to sane boxing fans.

As for your steroid claims, whilst I have my suspiscions, there is no evidence to make such a bold claim. You should edit your post and remove it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 am

Just watched the fight and I don't think he was robbed. I thought Bradley edged 1,2,10-12 and there were a couple of other scrappy close rounds. Would score it about 7-5 Pacman, but he was not impressive.

The HBO team were ridiculous and nauseating.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:38 am

Neither of the above options. Timothy Bradley won fair and square, just like Rios did against Abril and Pacquiao did against Marquez (3rd fight) and the same as Williams against Lara.

This debate can go on and on. It was a close fight and Bradley fought well considering he had a fractured ankle from the first couple of rounds! Fighting in spurts for 30 seconds does not win you rounds.

Im actually suprised the judges didnt take the crowd into consideration this time round.

Ive seen worse robberies in the fights mentioned.

I had Pacquiao winning by around 3 rounds or 4. But no way was it as one sided as people say.

Bradley is the new champion. Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight will now never happen.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 am

You sir, are a complete tool.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 am

azania wrote:

And JMM is still the loser because he doesn't get the win he deserved. Why you are glad he was robbed is a mystery to sane boxing fans.

As for your steroid claims, whilst I have my suspiscions, there is no evidence to make such a bold claim. You should edit your post and remove it.

It must make sense to you then
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 am

Fists of Fury wrote:

I'm going to agree. Pacquiao over rated? I'd love to see you fight 60 times by the time you're 33. He's also fought proper champions in their primes. He's fought at catchweights yes, but he's pretty much got one of the most impressive resumes in recent boxing history.

Plus steroids? I'd love to see where this evidence surfaced.

Usually you speak sense, but this is utter codswallop

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

manos de piedra wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:The Abril/Rios judge - Jerry Roth was actually the judge who had Pacquiao winning.

My apologies then, still odd he was allowed to judge the fight though!

Yeah the Abril fight was a howler. Hes quite an experienced judge though who has been judging for over 30 years. He also is the guy that scored the second Pac/JMM fight in favour of JMM.

What I find interesting is people are screaming highway robbery, whilst Roth, the judge who scored it IN FAVOR of Pacquiao score 5 of the last 6 rounds to Bradley. This is the judge who DIDNT rob Pacquiao according to those who choose to believe it. A judge with over 30 years experience is going to blow his credentials on a fight of this magnitude. The first few rounds were pick'em rounds so it was not the run away score that people seem to think.

All 3 judges had Bradley taking over at the 2nd half of the fight. It is exactly what happened. If this wasn't Pacquiao fighting Bradley, there would be nowhere near the uproar about this result.

But hey, what does a Judge with over 30 years experience know over the likes of Az and KO-KING who like to force their opinions down other peoples throats...
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

Experience can be bought out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

I'm going to agree. Pacquiao over rated? I'd love to see you fight 60 times by the time you're 33. He's also fought proper champions in their primes. He's fought at catchweights yes, but he's pretty much got one of the most impressive resumes in recent boxing history.

Only Flomo's really place any weight on that PEDs nonesense.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:

It must make sense to you then

Erm Laugh Laugh Laugh

Good one thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Experience can be bought out.

Yea i suppose it can, but if they were brided then why pick such a high profile fight to ruin your credentials.

The 2 judges who scored Tim as the winner almost matched the scorecard of Roth except for the beginning rounds. They seen the fight for what it was and that was a close fight.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

Yeah, work has taken it's toll on my normally sensible nature.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2