The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards

+7
davidl1061
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
liverbnz
A Fine Folk.
Davie
theundisputedY2D2
ronin47
11 posters

Go down

Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards Empty Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards

Post by ronin47 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:45 am

Hi all, how ya doing

Any views on this ?

As a means of cutting down fouls/swearing/disrespect/whatever etc etc etc

Every time a player is given a yellow card - a set amount is deducted from the teams league points.

Every time a player is given a red card - a higher set amount is deducted from the league points.

The suspension/fines system would stay the same, but this would have much more impact on
the teams position and would therefore mean that the managers/team would have to do more
to ensure their players stayed out of trouble.

Could be interesting.

The major downside I can see, is that certain players would then
attempt to get other players booked/sent off.

ronin47

ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards Empty Re: Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:22 am

I'm not sure if I'd deduct points EVERY time someone got a yellow or red card, however I think if a team accumulates a certain number of yellow/red cards then a points deduction should be introduced.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards Empty Re: Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:25 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I'm not sure if I'd deduct points EVERY time someone got a yellow or red card, however I think if a team accumulates a certain number of yellow/red cards then a points deduction should be introduced.

Arsenal would never have any points.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:27 am

King Beer wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I'm not sure if I'd deduct points EVERY time someone got a yellow or red card, however I think if a team accumulates a certain number of yellow/red cards then a points deduction should be introduced.

Arsenal would never have any points.

Exactly right Joe!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ronin47 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:43 am

You must admit though, it would certainly make the team management a bit interesting.

What if Chelsea or Man City never made it into the 'lucrative' top 4 because Cole or Balotelli gets sent off?

I think there would be much more than just handbags and hair dryers getting thrown about.

ronin47

ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:45 am

ManUre would have had to retire Scholes years ago!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun 08 May 2011, 10:51 pm

It's a poor idea, team's will be finishing with -10,20,30.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 09 May 2011, 12:12 am

I think it's a ridiculous idea to be honest.

The only true way of improving discipline in the sport is for the governing bodies to grow a backbone.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 12:38 am

liverbnz wrote:I think it's a ridiculous idea to be honest.

The only true way of improving discipline in the sport is for the governing bodies to grow a backbone.

We agree on something Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards 479796 absolutely awful idea. Imagine the pressure that would put on refs.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 10 May 2011, 12:06 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
liverbnz wrote:I think it's a ridiculous idea to be honest.

We agree on something Points Deducted For Red/Yellow Cards 479796 absolutely awful idea. Imagine the pressure that would put on refs.

Exactly. They'd basically be held (more) culpable for a team winning/losing the league/qualifying for Europe or getting relegated, except with this proposed rule it would be much more direct.

It won't happen anyway.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 10 May 2011, 3:57 pm

I dont think its a good idea at all. Teams would be intentionally trying to con referees into getting other players booked. I cant stand the fake card waving by players, for me that should be a bnooking to that player straight away

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 May 2011, 4:01 pm

what about to stop people complaining about added time blow up when it hits 45:00 or 90:00 regardless where it is on the pitch.

also why not a 10 min sin bin ? get a yellow = 10 mins off the pitch

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 May 2011, 11:44 pm

Football doesn't have many problems don't why people keep trying to fix what isn't broke. Apart from goal line technology, making the offside rule simpler for the refs and more use of retrospective action ie. overturning wrongly given or not given cards and cards for clear acts of simulation.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 11 May 2011, 8:00 am

It does have problems. Cheating is major one of those.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 12:28 pm

That's why I said retrospective action for clear acts of simulation. Sometimes you need to see something from 3 or 4 different angles or in slow motion before you can say if it was a dive. How acan a ref be expected to judge that correctly in a split second?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 May 2011, 12:35 pm

Agree entirely with PBK on this, it's a ridiculous state of affairs when every fan watching at home can see a misdemeanor on the pitch yet the one person who enforces the rules cannot.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 11 May 2011, 12:41 pm

The thing is, you could do this and bring down the ill discipline, but then it'd probably increase the diving and acting. Drogba would be getting people sent off left right and centre.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Wed 11 May 2011, 12:47 pm

Would never work, we have enough divers as is. Look at the OF title run at the mo. With the running as tight as it is every Rangers Celtic match we'd have players literally faceplanting at every tackle to try and get points off. However I do think that players and team officials who constantly break the rules on and off the park should suffer point deductions. Particularly for beating smeg out of innocent Lucozade bottles

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 1:02 pm

I only think points should be deducted in situations like what happened in Italy in 2006 with bribery going on. Deducting points for anything else seems harsh. Football is a passionate game sometimes emotion spill over it happens.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Wed 11 May 2011, 2:00 pm

actually, don't you lose points for going bankrupt? Hows that fair

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 11 May 2011, 2:15 pm

Going into administration is a ten point deduction might be 15 I'm unsure. Seems unfair the players don't spend the money. Should be a way of punishing owners and chairmen for reckless handling of a buisness.

Last edited by Toon Lass on Wed 11 May 2011, 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down