The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves?

+12
The Galveston Giant
azania
bellchees
Fists of Fury
jimdig
Imperial Ghosty
jammin
Valero's Conscience
Sir. badgerhands
Union Cane
Steffan
davidemore
16 posters

Go down

The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves? Empty The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves?

Post by davidemore Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Dear Pac Man, (he reads 606v2, of course)

Too many distractions, a lack of killer instinct, feet movement and adaptability in the ring has fallen upon you. You are no longer the fighter you were. World class? Yes, you are still world class, but the power, the variation, the creativity and desire, have all left you for some other, more holy place.

In time your skills will diminish even further, and i write to ask what you want next from the sport you once craved? I don't want a RJJ situation to arise due to your gambling and charity. Can you fight three more bouts against top hungry talent? Are there three fights out there for you? No, i don't think there is. Avenge your loss, your cruel loss, forget Mayweather, for he has used his boxing brain and killer instinct to adapt into a fighter that although lacking the same movement and speed as before, (much like you) can still pick opponents apart.

That fight is a what if, a memory of a time when two prime beasts for whatever reason, didn't fight.

Retire Pac Man, avenge your loss and retire, before someone younger, fitter and more hungry, does it for you.

Best,

Davidemore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves? Empty Re: The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves?

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm

The Pooch has a few more fights in him yet. Mayweather is not one of them though. A Bradley rematch and then maybe Khan or possibly drain Martinez down as low as he can get him and then take that fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves? Empty Re: The Pac Man is Shot: When Should He Hang Up the Gloves?

Post by Union Cane Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 pm

I can change your username to Stéphane if you like, Steffan?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:I can change your username to Stéphane if you like, Steffan?
If its just for today then thats cool OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:34 pm

alma if he fights 5 more times it could well be...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm

alma wrote:Bit harsh to say he's shot. This isn't a roy Jones scenario here
I dont think Manny is as dull enough as Roy to carry on fighting until he is 106. Manny will be retired by 2014 I would bet money on

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 pm

A Welsh Frenchman!!!

Doesn't know if he should be setting fire to sheep or......

Never mind Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:38 pm

He's definitely not shot a la Mosley but not as good as he was which is still good enough to beat most opponents.

Steffan - i gather you will be cheering on the French tonight! To think the Welsh swines toyed with the idea to sell us water during the drought, the gits will probably ask us to help remove it now (of course with money from the English no doubt)!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:A Welsh Frenchman!!!

Never mind Smile
Best bit of stereotyping iv heard on here in ages. Did you watch the 'potato munching pikeys' play last night by any chance?

Just a shame those 'haggis eating whisky drinking' Jocks arnt in it though aint it

Im sure the mighty world beaters will do well against those 'Cheese eating surrender monkeys' or whatever it is you lot call the French

Nothing like a bit of football banter to draw them all out Yahoo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Steffan - i gather you will be cheering on the French tonight! To think the Welsh swines toyed with the idea to sell us water during the drought, the gits will probably ask us to help remove it now (of course with money from the English no doubt)!
Actually my girlfriends mother lives in Norfolk and they still got a hosepipe ban on so maybe theres a few quid in it for me somewhere Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Steffan wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:A Welsh Frenchman!!!

Never mind Smile
Best bit of stereotyping iv heard on here in ages. Did you watch the 'potato munching pikeys' play last night by any chance?

Just a shame those 'haggis eating whisky drinking' Jocks arnt in it though aint it

Im sure the mighty world beaters will do well against those 'Cheese eating surrender monkeys' or whatever it is you lot call the French

Nothing like a bit of football banter to draw them all out Yahoo

I was kidding Steff!!! Erm

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Back to the boxing - ignoring the judges, Pacman couldn't miss with the left, and taught one of boxing's hungry, unbeaten and quietly respected champions a real lesson in my eyes.

So slowing down, yes, but shot, no....

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:I was kidding Steff!!! Erm
So was I Smile

Back to boxing...Manny is not shot. But he looks about 3 fights from being shot

2014 you heard it here first

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Mosley was so far shot that's why he looked so shot, he was completely gone. Manny is shot guys, i know it in my heart and love him, so it's hard to admit. One more and quit, he has to.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Pacquiao is not shot in the slightest, slightly past his best I view it more as him being exposed than any major decline. He's about as shot as mayweather.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Completely disagree ghosty, it's there, it just hasn't been exposed yet. Thankfully. Mayweather is three fights off IMO.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Steffan wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Steffan - i gather you will be cheering on the French tonight! To think the Welsh swines toyed with the idea to sell us water during the drought, the gits will probably ask us to help remove it now (of course with money from the English no doubt)!
Actually my girlfriends mother lives in Norfolk and they still got a hosepipe ban on so maybe theres a few quid in it for me somewhere Very Happy

I'm prepared to go into partnership on the business, I have some water pipes going cheap!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

A shot fighter doesn't perform like he did on Saturday, fairly wide of The mark to suggest he is to be honest.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Speed is always going to decrease with weight and age, but I wouldn't say he's shot. His brillance is dependant on speed and power. 3 fights max is a good shout though, He's 33 (possibly older by some accounts of him not having a registered birth). He is only going to get slower, stamina seems to be becoming an issue. Rematch Bradley, fight Mayweather, rematch Marquez, retire 100million up from where he is now, having losing 2/3 of those fights.

Saying that I don't see the Mayweather fight ever happening and am bored at the prospect.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Imperial the Pac Man is done IMO, it is just that though, an opinion.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 pm

He is clearly far past his best, but he isn't shot. He still dominated Bradley with relative ease.

In general I agree with you though, Davide. Rematch Bradley and then retire, don't lose to those who have no business beating you (as Bradley didn't, yet somehow got the nod).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 pm

davidemore wrote:Imperial the Pac Man is done IMO, it is just that though, an opinion.

Looking at the top 15 P4P thread you rate him at 2nd. That hardly constitutes shot. Past his best yes, shot no.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Exposed? Ghosty, don't talk dross mate.

He battered a young, hungry and very good in his own right fighter. Pacquiao has slowed down considerably, that is why his performances are tailing off.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Bellchees i admire your research.

Look, what does it take for a fighter to be exposed as shot? A complete pancaking like Hatton got? Come on now, he is not only passed prime, his attributes are swiftly deserting him. Power, speed, movement, particularly the feet. Did he win the fight? Yes. Do i still hold him as a P4P king? Yes. Why? Because he won that fight, and because a win cannot mean a step down on the list when it comes against a world-class fighter like Bradley, IMO.

Still, this is not a contradiction, this a fan seeing, no, sensing that his fighter is well past prime and swiftly heading into the ass-beating territory. Pac lacks so many skills that he had three years ago, the fact he is an ATG and legend of the sport means that even when diminished he can still pull out a win. Again, this does not contradict my opinion, as i feel a fighter with power will expose him, and badly.

He is shot guys, in relative terms he is very much done. I don't want to see him get whipped by Mayweather to prove it. That would be a told you so that no one who is a fan of great boxers wants to see. But if he fights on, then a young hungry lion could indeed expose him, badly, and hurt the Pac Man while doing it. He has one more win in him, then it is Shotsville when he comes up against a real digger. An Ortiz or Mayweather precision type (never gonna happen but would prove this point).

Think Shane when he got "old" overnight against Mayweather. No he did not. He was old and was shot before Mayweather. The signs were all there, he just had one last great fight in him when he beat Cheatarito, but arguably Shane was shot since the Cotto fight.

Hopkins is shot, it's just no one has planted one on his chin yet. Until Dawson beat him he was considered P4P by many. Out of respect and rightfully so, but he was shot since RJJ 2, jesus he was shot in that fight.

Come on now guys, you know what you know, and you know D-More has truths that come from love. It's all from love.

heart heart heart

Last edited by davidemore on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 am

I would you say he's been exposed as a flat track bully who relies almost entirely on speed, without which he isn't half the fighter.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 am

There is no evidence to suggest Pac is shot. I don't even think he is slowing down considerably if at all. He's just facing a better and more intelligent level of opposition which have exposed flaws in his game.

We're used to see him steam roll opponents or blast them out a la Hatton and Cotto. Anything less are deemed to be signs of him slowing down. Nonsense. Opponents have realised that if you use the jab Pac becomes far less effective and if you take a small step sideways or backwards, he loses the plot.

He is not a very intelligent fighter either. Having said that he was a clear winner yesterday.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:07 am

Sorry but your definition of shot is hugely over exaggerated, being past your best is a lot different to being past it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:20 am

@ Imperial-- I think you associate being shot with being completely whipped in the ring. Those two things are not the same thing. Also, i am not defining the term, but simply speaking of being "shot" in a way that i understand a fighter to be shot. Shot to me means that a fighter has lost or is quickly losing the skill set that got him to where he is. By lost i mean it is in swift decline, also, it means that their resistance has gone. Something not proven against Timothy as Timothy didn't get off enough to prove it. Shane was shot when he stopped throwing his right hand, Hopkins was shot when he began solely fighting off the ropes, and again, stopped throwing his right hand. Manny is shot as he seems to have lost his key asset, feet-movement. I know everyone will say hand speed, and that is also vital for him, obviously, but his feet helped give him his power and open up fighters. His hand speed is seriously decreasing too though, as is his stamina. Which makes me doubt that he actually did have "all the women and drinking" behind Jinky gals back, lolz.

Azania, Pac Man has fought far too many intelligent fighters to say that it's a higher intellectual opponent that is making him look bad. Although i agree on the point that if you take a step back, pivot and use the jab, then Pac does look clumsy and a little clueless coming in.

Still pancake my arse though, obviously.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 am

Bradley and Moseley better level of oppo than Cotto? Get real, Az.

Being reliant on speed isn't being exposed. It means his key attribute is diminished. That is like saying that without hands Muhammad Ali would have been a rubbish boxer.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am

Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 am

Perhaps I worded that incorrectly. No I did.

I started a thread before the fight where I said that boxers who stand in front of Manny and trade with him will lose and lose badly. But if you employ suptle movements and stick out a jab, he is not as effective.

Clearly Cotto is far better that SSM (weight stips or not). But Cotto took it upon himself to stop using the jab and boxing skills and decided to stand and trade. That was his undoing.

SSM went into survival mode. JMM used his jab brilliantly and little moves away from Pac. He didn't stand there blazing away or covering up the whole fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am

Anyone who stands and trades against a puncher can get ruined. And Manny is a puncher, he was always a puncher before he was a boxer. It's been known for years that man overwhelms not outboxes his opponents. He hasn't needed to outbox an opponent since JMM 3, and before then everyone else either covered up or stuck their chin out.

I forget why i am saying this, lolz.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 am

i wouldnt say he's shot when he's just beat a hungry unbeaten light welter champ.

come on, he won.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:45 am

He is not as good as he was but far from finished, shot fighters don't comfortably beat very good undefeated world champions (whatever the 2 clowns at ringside said), Manny still has a bit left in the tank and but for the strange judging by 2 men Saturday night we would be talking about the Mayweather fight again this week.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:56 am

He went on the slide the second he was asked to take a drug test. Coincidence??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:02 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:He went on the slide the second he was asked to take a drug test. Coincidence??

Inaccurate.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:13 am

Do you ever get off your computer Az? There is a big massive world out there to be explored. Even friends to be made Smile

It's not inaccurate though, he's speed has went down, power has went down and excuses have funnily enough GONE UP!

I therefore find you are talking nonsense as usual and I am right as always.

Khan set up the appeal and knew everything about it, Golden boy didn't set it up without his knowledge, your gonna have to admit you were wrong about saying that
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:14 am

Dont think hes quite over the hill... yet, It has to be noted that he still outboxed an undefeated hungry young fighter, so therefore is still just about elite level, dont want to see him fight anyone other then Mayweather next though if im totally honest,

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Do you ever get off your computer Az? There is a big massive world out there to be explored. Even friends to be made Smile

It's not inaccurate though, he's speed has went down, power has went down and excuses have funnily enough GONE UP!

I therefore find you are talking nonsense as usual and I am right as always.

Khan set up the appeal and knew everything about it, Golden boy didn't set it up without his knowledge, your gonna have to admit you were wrong about saying that

He's been fighting boxers who just dont stand there for him to punch away. Sometimes they hit back. I've said often enough that show him a jab and he becomes hesitant. Nothing to do with PEDs.

The Cotto fight is a prime example. When Cotto stopped boxing, Pac overwhelmed him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down