The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUF 13 Tonight ESPN 10pm

+4
Adam D
BROCK'S BEEF JERKY
Clunge4life
Soldier_Of_Fortune
8 posters

Go down

TUF 13 Tonight ESPN 10pm Empty TUF 13 Tonight ESPN 10pm

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 07 Apr 2011, 3:52 pm

Good News!

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar v Team Dos Santos will premier in the UK Thursday April 7 at 10pm on ESPN and ESPN HD. The second episode will air immediately afterwards, catching UK viewers up to their American counterparts.

The series will then continue the following Thursday, meaning British fans will get to see the new TUF series as soon as possible following the US premier.

thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

TUF 13 Tonight ESPN 10pm Empty Re: TUF 13 Tonight ESPN 10pm

Post by Clunge4life Thu 07 Apr 2011, 4:33 pm

Great news.....something to look forward to 2nite!!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BROCK'S BEEF JERKY Thu 07 Apr 2011, 4:33 pm

Nice one, and only a day after the States in future weeks. 8)

Come on Team Lesnar !!!

BROCK'S BEEF JERKY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:35 pm

What are peoples thoughts on the 1st 2 episodes? Wasn't very impressed with either fight, as Dana says 1st fight was 2 rounds of 1 guy lying on top the other. 2nd fight was probably the worst stand up fight I've seen, just didn't understand the Mexicans game plan in the 3rd round, he seemed content to smother & keep it it on on the fence! Not the way to win, fair play to Chris tho he was more positive for the final round & deserved the win. Who do you want to win Team Lesner or Dos Santos?

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:30 am

I'm a Lesnar fan but i dont like the way he is coming across...that whole making Chicken Salad with chicken **** is pretty much saying all his guys have no talent and its up to the coaches to make the best of what they have got - i dont think its a great way to build up the confidence of the fighters....

As for the fights as you say nothing special really but they have to improve as the season goes on

And in complete parrallell (sp) to brock......Dos santos has come across as very humble and a very likeable guy

Looking forward to the rest of the season

Not really bothered who wins the series....just hope its a guy that can hold his own in the ufc

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:57 pm

I havent watched this yet - anyone got any links.

Also - did they not have the prelim rounds where they pick their fighters etc?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm

Man i forgot about this, love TUF, bring it on, going to download now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:49 pm

Try this its where I got 1st episode, let me know if you dont get 2nd

http://apexvid.com/yyt6dzmz5dsy

@Clung4life

I'm not really a fan of Lesnar & he comes accross pretty much as I expected. He just seems to be the all American redneck bully whose full of himself. Yeah I agree with you on his chicken salad quote, tho I quite liked any given sunday. Yeah I agree Dos Santos comes across well, a decent down to earth guy. Interesting remark he made that Lesnar's thing is cardio where he is more fight based.

I hope the fights get better but the Mexican was Dos santos's 2nd choice fighter! I know its early but it seems to lack the charachters of the last series & the 'humor' of Koscheck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2011, 11:37 pm

Just watched TUF episode 3 & a much better fight. Was surprised it didn't go the extra round as it was close, tho Len looked tired in that 2nd round & his work got untidy in the 2nd half of the round. Some strange ingredients went into that bath for the weight loss, would've like to have seen a bit more on that, but did he have to shed 10 lbs? Still think there is something lacking this series, they seem to skim over everything but its early days yet. Thoughts anybody?

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 15 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

Yeah much better fight this week - very competitive and Len is now the frontrunner for the Wildcard.

I'd love to have seen more on weight loss stuff too - what did they actually put into the bath?

Also like to say that Dos Santos is coming across really well - he just seems like a down to earth likable guy.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 1:07 pm

Clunge4life wrote:Yeah much better fight this week - very competitive and Len is now the frontrunner for the Wildcard.

I'd love to have seen more on weight loss stuff too - what did they actually put into the bath?

Also like to say that Dos Santos is coming across really well - he just seems like a down to earth likable guy.

So far yes, cant imagine the other guys who lost in the 1st 2 episodes ahead of him, I think it was his cardio/fitness that let him down but to be fair he took some big punches.

Well there was some form of alcohol & some epsom salts amongst other things in a very hot bath. Cant believe that was all they did as I'm sure he was 10 lbs over, either way he showed no signs of gassing.

Yes Dos Santos seems a genuinely a nice guy, never actually seen him fight will check him on youtube. Lesnar I thought came accross better, he's professional though he did have to leave due to personal problems/matters.

Looking forward to next weeks episodes & so far I've been able to watch it online one way or another for free, I have no sky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 15 Apr 2011, 2:11 pm

You gotta check his fights out - he has great stand up and if he gets past Lesnar should be an awesome fight against Velasquez for the title...

I was suprised he didnt gas - is 10lbs not a lot of weight to lose before a fight?Not a fighter so dont know if it is or not but im sure in previous seasons some guys had trouble cutting that much weight.

I'm a Lesnar fan but i just can't don't like the he is coming across in the show. Maybe i am looking at it differently from others but i just get the impression he doesn't care tbh!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2011, 5:42 pm

@Clunge4life

I'll defo check out his fights, any that you recommend? I tend to associate Brazilians with the ground game, BJJ.

With regards to the weight loss it could be a lot of weight to lose if its day before the the weigh in but with each episode you dont really know over how many days they film it. I know in boxing if guys have to lose a lot very quickly & basically have a run, a sauna & starve it tends not to be a good thing.

With regards to Lesnar & your point I dont know. At the point where I thought he was being very professional whilst watching he had to leave! As I have said I'm not a fan of him but to be honest I think the guy has a massive ego & this can get in the way at times. Like many I enjoyed watching him get destroyed by Velasquez it brought him down a peg or 2 & this has shown a couple of times in the shows we have seen so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:15 am

Check out his fights against Gonazga,Roy Nelson and Gilbert Yvel (sp?)

Great fights and showcases his great stand up game.

I', sure Dos Santos does have a good ground game - we just hav'nt seen it yet!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:46 pm

agreed that dos santos is coming across well, reinds me a bit of the mir/ big nog series. a down to earth brazilian who comes across well and a big amercian d ick who you just wanna see knocked out. not that suprised with brock if anything he's coming across better than i thought.

thought dana was bringing it on abit much after the last fight, saying how good the loser was (basically setting him up for the wildcard). for a number 1 pick i thought he was very poor. just because he was durable doesnt mean he should get the wildcard.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:29 pm

Last series had Koscheck as the yank acting the dick & his team didn't do to well either. Nice to see GSP beat him when they fought as well.

Dana defo seems to have his favorites each series, last time out it was Kos's no 1 who got choked out in 20 seconds in his 1st fight & still got the wild card, how!
Len I think is his type of guy & to be honest has been the best of the beaton fighters so far but theres 4 more fights to go so who knows but I wouldn't bet against Len being the pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:45 pm

the amercians dont come across well at all in these series. always thought matt hughes is one of the worst although ken shamrock ran him a close second. if only it werent for our very own bisping then generally the foreigners have come across very well when coaching big nog, gsp, dos santos.

there are some amercians who were alright, didnt mind franklin, griffitn and hendo. i quite like rampage for the show purposes but he was a terrible coach

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 9:48 pm

compelling and rich wrote:the amercians dont come across well at all in these series. always thought matt hughes is one of the worst although ken shamrock ran him a close second. if only it werent for our very own bisping then generally the foreigners have come across very well when coaching big nog, gsp, dos santos.

there are some amercians who were alright, didnt mind franklin, griffitn and hendo. i quite like rampage for the show purposes but he was a terrible coach

Was it more about their personalities or their coaching styles & abilities? So far in this series we've not seen a great deal from Lesnar with regards to coaching, just seems to be strutting his stuff & a touch of motivating. Anybody seen episode 4, what did you think of the fight? With regards to Matt Hughes he was on last night with Team Lesnar.

Still finding this series a little slow, no real characters yet or particularly great fighters or fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Fri 13 May 2011, 7:01 pm

Are people still watching this?

Got to agree with sohotnot, there is no one that is any real personality but I think that is coming from the fact that the fighters are taking it a lot more seriously. No Junie Brownings. I think Len has been the most "controversial" but he had a word with Brock and then went "Ah ok then." and gives it big licks to the camera.

I can't really think of any stand out fighters. That's not saying they aren't good but no one is standing out head and shoulders above the rest.

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2011, 10:58 pm

Yes I'm still watching it & the fights have improved & the episodes have slightly improved but still finding them a little flat. Last nights fight was a good one though I was surprised Torres got the wild card, he was awful losing in his first fight. Dont know who I would've picked out of Len or Chuck if Len didn't have the injury, Chuck seems a pretty tough guy & fairly well rounded.

Yeah you gotta laugh at Lens comments regarding Lesnar, he'll fight him! He's got more experience!! Tough call on who'll win overall like you said no ones really standing out.

Pity Lesnar will know longer be facing Dos Santos afterwards was looking forward to that fight, cant believe they are in the same weight class Lesnar looks massive compared to Dos Santos.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 May 2011, 10:28 am

Tito came across very well and appears to care for his fighters. Also he was very professional with the training regimen and managed to know the tactics required to win.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 16 May 2011, 11:51 am

still watching it, and agree with you that its not been the best. the highlight has probably been dos santos. come across very well and was great to watch him beat brock at amercian football of all things

az - tito came across as one of the better coaches, some of them let there ego get in the way. which i though tito might have done but he was good. brock seems to think its all about him at the minute

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Mon 16 May 2011, 12:45 pm

Rashad was the same - can't stand the man tbh but he was an excellent coach for the younger guys - he was much better than Rampage during their season

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down