The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JWC - semi finals

4 posters

Go down

JWC - semi finals Empty JWC - semi finals

Post by blackcanelion Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:54 am

Thoughts on the up coming games.

Semi's

Wales v NZ

Wales are deserved no 1 seeds going into the finals. Big wins over Samoa and Fiji and the first team to beat NZ at this level l put them at the top of the pile. There opponents NZ qualified 4th by being the best of the rest. Comfortable winners against Fiji and Samoa, but weren't quite good enough in the bog against Wales. Wales are favorites having won last time. The caveat is that conditions were so poor, and the other teams relatively weak so it's hard to get a fix on either team. Whilst I'd like to go for NZ (mind) I'm going to pick Wales as I think this kiwi team lacks accuracy and have been slow starters (very happy to be proved wrong).

South Africa v Argentina

Argentina topped there pool with narrow wins over France, Australia and Scotland. They thoroughly deserve to be there. South Africa, the home nation, somehow made it through after losing to Ireland in the opening round. To do this they convincingly beat England, arguably the best side going into this tournament. A hard call, but it's hard to go past the hosts South Africa.

play off for 5-8

France v Australia

This is a chance for Australia to revenge there defeat against France last up. They'll have to as the were well beaten the weekend. I'm picking France to do the double.

England v Ireland

Another game from pool stages. The pool game was a close win to England. It's hard to go past the 6 nations under 20 champions.

Playoff 9-12

Scotland v Italy

Both teams finished last in their pools. Italy were hammered by everyone. Scotland were competitive against Ireland and France. I'm going for Scotland.

Fiji v Western Samoa

A replay of the pool game won by Fiji. All the results indicate Fiji operates at a higher level from the Samoans.

Last edited by blackcanelion on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

JWC - semi finals Empty Re: JWC - semi finals

Post by mckay1402 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:59 am

As much as I'd love to see Wales win again I can't picture it. NZ will want revenge for that and although Wales looked pretty awesome against Samoa it's not the same.

SA to beat Arg. They looked very good against England and that centre pairing is frighteningly good.

Don't know much about these but I'll go with France simply because the try I saw them score reminded me of olden days France.

Can't see Ireland beating England

Typical that Scotland should be playing Italy to decide who is the most mediocre. Having said that I thought that two of Argentinas tries came from lineouts that were not straight and should have been called back. Scotland to win this one.

Fiji to win this
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:45 pm

It just had to be NZ again didn't it Shocked

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Its going to be interesting

NZ didn't play well against Fiji, while Wales demolished Samoa.

Maybe Wales have the upperhand even without the rain - they will certainly have the confidence.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down