The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITV

+12
Jennifer1984
super_realist
Liam
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
mystiroakey
compelling and rich
marty2086
ian_jamsie
JamesLincs
Crimey
RinoGattuso
azania
16 posters

Go down

ITV Empty ITV

Post by azania Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

I just wish they wouldn't show major football tournaments. Utterly useless pundits.

azania

Back to top Go down

ITV Empty Re: ITV

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:49 pm

Hello and welcome to Euro 2012 on ITV, lets go to a break, hello and welcome back, time for another break.

Just so many ad breaks.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

At least it's on Freeview!

If it was on Sky I would be more irritated.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

Sky would have decent analysts.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:16 pm

lol what i always love is when the teams come out, and if youre out at the pub, thats when the whole place starts getting excited. youre like "here we go, come on! lets f*cking go! here we go!" adverts.............. kills momentum, then suddenly you have to find something to do for 2 minutes. effing annoying

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

I hope they don't have any of the olympics they make a total arse of Athletics and boxing as well.

The 2 other sports I watch on a regular basis.

ITV = Soaps, Reality TV, Staged Reality and evening drama shows.

I have gone for months not watching ITV at all in the past.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:49 pm

Thankfully they don't have the Olympics. No major sports either. They literally killed F1 on terrestrial TV also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:57 am

azania wrote:Sky would have decent analysts.

It's also something quite expensive so I don't have it, so am pretty glad it's on terrestrial TV. I can sacrifice "decent" analysis for free football.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 9:00 am

Adrian Chiles asks the stupidest questions and comes off with the worst comments

Talking about the opening game he said Poland looked utterly unbeatable well for the first 10mins anyway Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

cant say i enjoy bbc's or itv coverage. im just glad i havnt had to listen to motson yet. itv panels poor hansen and co are much better but my worlds worst pundit/commentator is mark lawerence. the guy gets paid to talk football yet all he does is whinge and whinge and whinge. bbc get rid of motson and lawerence and your not doing to badly

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

i dont really take much notice of puniditry lads- its all the same from my pov

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:15 pm

I think Sky should be able to show the games but never exclusively. Then everyone has the choice if they have both, but everyone can still watch if they don't have Sky. I for one would pick the Sky coverage every time. The chasm in quality is ridic.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

rich Motson isnt that bad and can actually make real sense sometimes unlike Jonathan Pearce but the worst part as an Irishman is the never ending talk of England and turning everything back onto England no matter how small the link

We had Gabby Logan going on about Rooneys hair the other night is it really nessacery?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:29 pm

marty2086 wrote:rich Motson isnt that bad and can actually make real sense sometimes unlike Jonathan Pearce but the worst part as an Irishman is the never ending talk of England and turning everything back onto England no matter how small the link

We had Gabby Logan going on about Rooneys hair the other night is it really nessacery?

motson used to be ok, even then prone to stupid comments now pretty much everything he says is stupid. gets exicted over nothing and makes out its the biggest thing in the world. i remember the scotland playoff game and every yellow card was like the biggest event in the world. although cant say im a big fan of beglin either. id take pearce over either of them. but i agree with the gabby logan thing, adrian chiles is exactly the same very rarely talks football, then again as a wba fan he wouldnt know much about it!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:36 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:rich Motson isnt that bad and can actually make real sense sometimes unlike Jonathan Pearce but the worst part as an Irishman is the never ending talk of England and turning everything back onto England no matter how small the link

motson used to be ok, even then prone to stupid comments now pretty much everything he says is stupid. gets exicted over nothing and makes out its the biggest thing in the world. i remember the scotland playoff game and every yellow card was like the biggest event in the world. although cant say im a big fan of beglin either. id take pearce over either of them. but i agree with the gabby logan thing, adrian chiles is exactly the same very rarely talks football, then again as a wba fan he wouldnt know much about it!!

Chiles did it again last night he turned to Roy Keane and said he wouldnt know much about playing for the underdog even though he played for Forest when they got relegated and Ireland in some of their biggest games aginst the biggest nations

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

Chiles last night came out with the most idiotic comment ever about Spain: Are they contenders now? I know its only Ireland but are they contenders to win it?

Has he forgot they are the reigning Euro and World cup holders, has that passed him by?. Are they contenders, no Adrian, they have an average squad with no start quality..I mean how is the guy even presenting? sacked from daybreak because no one likes to wake up to him in the morning, yet knows little about football and tells the worst jokes in the world. You can see Roy Keane sometimes looking at him thinking why are you asking me this question?. Viera looked a bit puzzled by some of his questions also. Southgate loves him though because he's utterly clueless as well.

I agree about the ad breaks. Also, how creepy is that animation of former and current players! who gave that one the thumbs up, it looks like the start to a kids tv program, then by the end it should be in a horror film.

Only thing I have enjoyed about ITV is Martinez, Keano and Strachen, and also the violin music when they come on at half time and show the quick highlights package from the first half.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

ITV is the channel for pikeys. Poor mans sports coverage

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

racist! whats with all the racism!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

JamesLincs wrote:lol what i always love is when the teams come out, and if youre out at the pub, thats when the whole place starts getting excited. youre like "here we go, come on! lets f*cking go! here we go!" adverts.............. kills momentum, then suddenly you have to find something to do for 2 minutes. effing annoying

You could always go to the bar and get the wets in. Mine's a large voddy, thanks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:05 pm

There aren't really any good commentators in football. I don't like any of them. Sky's are no better than ITV's or Auntie Beebs, but at least they got rid of that growling misogynist, Andy "For-me-that's-a-penalty" Gray.

Andy.... it doesn't matter a pig's burp what it is or isn't to you, the referee's opinion counts, yours doesn't. Just report what's happening on the pitch and keep your opinions to yourself.

But that's the nub of the matter, isn't it..? Commentators have to keep talking. They forget that fans are quite capable of watching the game, know a formation when they see it and can tell which players are doing well and which ones are having a 'mare.

Commentators.... Be quiet and just let us watch the game. Only speak when you really have to. We know what we're watching.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:09 pm

Well if you don't want commentators to speak, you're not going to like any of them. Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

another miserable sod that i forgot about... craig burley, rather take the senile old fool that is motson, at least he enjoys his job

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 16 Jun 2012, 10:26 pm

ITV4 is a great wee channel. Did a great job with the French Open. They've been better than the BBC this tournament. I think.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 11:15 pm

i love the plastacine footballers and scenary from the bbc. its class so they win for me

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 11:16 pm

however itvs adverts are probally better(i can dream)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 16 Jun 2012, 11:16 pm

Jennifer1984 wrote:

Commentators.... Be quiet and just let us watch the game. Only speak when you really have to. We know what we're watching.

Do Trappist commentators get paid? Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 11:22 pm

I like trappist beers. so i take it trappists are silent monks that brew beer all day then.. nice, there is good in religion

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 17 Jun 2012, 8:03 am

JamesLincs wrote:racist! whats with all the racism!

What racism?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

I liked Andy Grey's commentary. Set the mood for a big game well.

If we could take Viera from ITV and plonk him next to Seedorf while booting out Shearer I'd be happy.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:26 pm

I find Jamie Carragher's voice so irritating. If ever there was a voice not to be heard on TV or radio that is it!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:51 pm

I seriously wish Keane would give Jamie a slap. Irritating git.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Crimey wrote:Well if you don't want commentators to speak, you're not going to like any of them. Laugh

Yep..... now you're getting it.. Very Happy

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

I must say that Chiles annoys the living hell out of me, how he gets to present flagship programmes is beyond me - he was atroticous on the Money show on the BBC and knew nothing about the finance sector or business and just sat there looking gormless and making idiotic comments, SO they promoted him to MOTD where he knew even less about football and made painfully unfunny comments and idiotic observations, but which led to ITV poaching him!!! and putting him on their flagship Daybreak programme (which promptly crashed so they kicked him off it) and now he's destroying (or at least helping the rest of the poor excuse for a football show) ITVs football coverage.

The only funny thing is seeing Keane look like he's going to rip Chiles face off every time he makes an idiotic comment!

(Sorry rant over)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum