The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBO to review Manny/Bradley

+6
tunes666
tomfinneywalksonwater
The Galveston Giant
Valero's Conscience
Seanusarrilius
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

WBO to review Manny/Bradley Empty WBO to review Manny/Bradley

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Sure most of you will have seen this in the news but I'm wondering whether or not anyone will feel the need to review Manny's last fight with Marquez given most of us believe that was an even bigger travesty. Poor Manny, poor Arum...please!!!! The pair of them have been happy to reap the rewards for some pretty dubious decisions and NOW it's time to make a stand, is it?

Part of me hopes Marquez will be laughing his socks off and, if I was him, I'd be desperate for a fight with Bradley (JMM should win this one) and then I'd be looking at making Manny and especially Arum jump through hoops to get a crack at my belt.

KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

WBO to review Manny/Bradley Empty Re: WBO to review Manny/Bradley

Post by hampo17 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

Very dissapointing if this gets overturned, no worse than the Marquez fight that never got appealed.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

This is a joke. Who is helping Lara & Abril, or Marquez, for that matter.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18434874

WBO president Francisco Valcarcel said: "I want to clarify that this in no way says that we are doubting the capacity of these judges, who we consider honest and competent."

What DOES it say then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:45 pm

DAVE667 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18434874

WBO president Francisco Valcarcel said: "I want to clarify that this in no way says that we are doubting the capacity of these judges, who we consider honest and competent."

What DOES it say then?

Ridiculous. Boxing really is laughable at times

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:45 pm

Agreed, but I don't recall anyone stating they wanted to review any of the Manny/Marquez tapes. Seems that Arum has "inspired" them. Guess it's a case of he who shouts loudest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

True Dave, i'll be disgusted if it's overturned as it shows that money/power talks over integrity.

If Manny's decision is overturned purely because he's a big star whilst decisions similar or worse i.e. Chisora/Helenius, Williams/Lara, Abril/Rios etc get ignored because they are not big stars then I will lose what little respect I have for the organisations.

Manny knew he lost his last fight with JMM (if there is any doubt look at his reaction and body language after the final bell until the decision is given) which is why he was very respectful after the verdict as he knew it'll be pot calling kettle black to argue but fair play to him.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

Don't know why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist there is no way the decision will be overturned.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:37 pm

The Ring magazine has lost what credibility it had over this fight aswell, they are refusing to alter there rankings because of as they put it " dumb ass judges". People are making out like this is the worst decision ever, it was bad but the fuss is only because it's the supposed p4p king.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:45 pm

Those who think the Marquez fight was just as much of a robbery just sound like manny maters..

Yes Marquez was unlucky and when looking at the fight itz hard to score manny with enough rounds to win.. But there were lots of close rounds and it was still very competitive..

The bradley fight only really had 1 rounds which bradley cleary won, another two which you could say were pretty even and happy to give to him, and then one where you could just about give it to him allthough could also give it to Manny...

And that being said if you gave bradley just one round it would not be exactly robbing him..

Manny vs Marquez, a lucky win for Manny
Manny vs Bradley, Manny completely robbed and anyone who could not see it has another agenda..

Also, while its not necessarily in the book or fair, its a reality hat the belt holder will usually get the benefit of the doubt, and its the challenger who needs to come forward and win he fight more.. That most certainly was not the case against Bradley.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

Fair enough tune, i understand that the Bradley fight was more of a robbery than the JMM fight, but still felt he was robbed.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:53 pm

Think tunes is pretty much spot on in his assessment there.

Whilst Marquez landed the cleaner, crisper punches against Manny, the fact that Manny outlanded him at least gives him some leeway in that it is conceivable a judge would believe him to have done enough to retain his title.

However, with Bradley there is no such thing. Manny outlanded him considerably, and landed the better shots whilst being the aggressor. There is just no way on earth the decision could ever be anything other than a convincing Manny UD.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

the biggest difference for me while not being right is manny being the biggest fighter.

there are hundreds of examples where the bigger "star"/hometown fighter gets the nod through it being in alot of peoples best intrests. the jmm 3 fight was a clear example of this. the biggest suprise in the bradley fight is that it went against manny despite him being the bigger star

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:06 pm

tough luck. scoring is objective, maybe only 2 out of 10 people thought bradley won but if those two people are judges then it will be a SD for bradley. boxers have the chance of going for the KO or raising the pressure, if you allow it to go to the judges you leave it in the opinions of judges.

they dont have the compubox stats or hbo presenters obvious bias through out the fight influencing there opinions.

the review is a token gesture, and if arum is honestly worried about the level of judging then he needs to use his influence to try and push for change. he wont though as all he's really annoyed about is the fact his fav money makers stock has dropped.

most people i know who have been saying manny was robbed havent even seen the fight. i dont see the big robbery personally, i saw a manny who look nowhere near his best, and a young guy who people expected to blindly come forward onto shots who made it akward and tricky for manny to find any rhythm.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

I think its right that there is an investigation regardless who is instigating it. You can't complain about bad decisions and then say good when one boxer you dont like gets clearly robbed regardless if he had been the beneficiary of dubious decisions in the past.

Tunes hit the nail squarely on the head. Pac was a clear winner of this fight no matter how you look at it. An investigation is warranted and hopefully the judges made to score the fight again.

Hopefully the result will not be overturned but an error admitted and a rematch ordered.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down