The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris to Glasgow

4 posters

Go down

Paris to Glasgow Empty Paris to Glasgow

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 am

Glasgow Warriors have signed young Canadian 7s player, Taylor Paris: http://www.glasgowwarriors.com/articles/news/007136.php

Some highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EbM4NOgRA - decent defence and quite happy to jackle

I detect the influence of DTHvdM in this signing

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Paris to Glasgow Empty Re: Paris to Glasgow

Post by Notch Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 am

Sure the last time DTH recommended you a player you ended up with Chauncey O'Toole Whistle

Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 am

Notch wrote:Sure the last time DTH recommended you a player you ended up with Chauncey O'Toole Whistle

Wink
Laugh Yes, the best name in rugby!! Actually I think he only lasted a month or so with the Warriors (on a trial basis), before spending a season (or two?) at the O's? Could be wrong tho ...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:44 am

I'm just kidding. The first shots in the Heineken Cup banter are being fired, I suppose.

He looks like he could be a good 'un and if he doesn't work out, you won't lose much. He's got some lovely football skills. Course they don't show the times he feiced it up!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:45 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Notch wrote:Sure the last time DTH recommended you a player you ended up with Chauncey O'Toole Whistle

Wink
Laugh Yes, the best name in rugby!! Actually I think he only lasted a month or so with the Warriors (on a trial basis), before spending a season (or two?) at the O's? Could be wrong tho ...

I think he's still at the Os. Just not getting any gametime. No idea why they brought him in. He's never looked as good anywhere as he sporadically looks for Canada.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:47 am

Notch wrote:I'm just kidding. The first shots in the Heineken Cup banter are being fired, I suppose.

He looks like he could be a good 'un and if he doesn't work out, you won't lose much. He's got some lovely football skills. Course they don't show the times he feiced it up!
An honest promotional video, Notch, whatever next?!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 am

Hah! Exactly. Let's see him do that on a wet and windy night at Ravenhill, not so easy when you've got Trimble and Ferris coming at etc. etc. blah blah. Wink

I meant to say to you, I'm properly wary of Glasgow in the Heineken Cup this year. Those guys are on tour now with their chums from Edinburgh listening to anecdote after anecdote about their run in the Cup most likely. There'll be a wee bit of extra motivation coming from seeing Edinburgh play on that stage and then you've got the fact they got back to the playoffs this year by being really hard to beat. They certainly took Leinster all the way in the semi.

I would always back us at Ravenhill, but big beasts like Leicester and Clermont came trying to impose their own game and were caught on the hop by the intensity and physicality we brought. Glasgow though, they'll come to spoil and scrap and make it so hard for us to play the way we want to play. It'll be a very different challenge. They are going to make somebody in our group look really stupid and I hope its the Saints, not us.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:07 am

I think that you may seen Glasgow adapt their style of play under Toonie tho, not sure it will be quite the same as it has been under Lineen - they've recruited reasonably well, so I'm hoping that they can keep what was good (defence, intensity, difficult to beat) and add some attacking vision to that.

Don't think anyone relishes travelling to Ravenhill

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:14 am

We try to make it as unpleasant as possible on the pitch and pleasant and friendly off it. Like, you'll have some craic in the stands. But we'll be buggered if you're leaving with the points Whistle

Of course, both Ulster and Glasgow have new coaches. So there will be new ideas in both camps. It's going to be an interesting group thats for sure.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Colin Shaw will no doubt take interest in this. Glasgow chance their arm signing an unproven NSQ winger, and let Shaw go, who had a pretty decent season last year.

This guy better be something special.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:11 am

Unproven reports are circulating that Paris scores so many tries because chasing tacklers keep tripping over his umbilical cord.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:48 am

His name annoys me. He's got a lot to do to convince me this was a good signing. Frankly, I prefer Lineen's signings to Toonie's so far!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:15 pm

FES - will you love Paris in the Springtime? That's the question.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 pm

George Carlin wrote:FES - will you love Paris in the Springtime? That's the question.

I prefer A Night in Paris - undoubtedly Paris Hilton's finest work.

Drool

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down