The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season

+14
liverbnz
Buzzman
FIFA Diva
Smirnoffpriest
GG
Josiah Maiestas
The Womble
compelling and rich
Soldier_Of_Fortune
azania
GSC
Corporalhumblebucket
Gregers
Jennifer1984
18 posters

Go down

Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season Empty Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season

Post by Jennifer1984 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:36 pm

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his disappointment with the Premier League fixture list for next season after it emerged that his side will be expected to play half of their fixtures away from home. With trips to Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool forming part of the season’s fixtures, Ferguson has vented his anger at other sides being a handed a home advantage for 50% of the games.

“Over the course of the season it will work out that one in two of the games we play in the league will be away from home,” he fumed. “It’s something the FA should take a look at, or we could be in a situation like last season where a team that I’m not the manager of wins the league.”

Ferguson has complained about the Premier League fixture list in the past. He was unhappy in the 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 seasons, as well as all the seasons before, after United were forced to play all 38 games against teams that started the match with same number of players. He also expressed his annoyance that they had to play each of the previous season’s top nine sides.

“When you’re playing teams that have a chance of beating you then there’s always the chance you could get beat,” he explained. “I don’t thinks it’s fair that we should be expected to take that risk.”

He has also revealed his frustration at the fixtures for the 2013-2014 season that are due to be announced in a years time. “I find it incredible that not only will we be expected to participate in games, but we will have to win them in order to pick up 3 points,” he blasted.

“If this carries on, the next thing you know they’ll be picking the referees for us, too..!!”

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season Empty Re: Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season

Post by Gregers Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:37 pm

Laugh

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season Empty Re: Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

clap Excellent post....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:15 pm

Am I the only one who didn't really find it that funny.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:19 pm

Laugh Classic

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:19 am

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Am I the only one who didn't really find it that funny.

So far............

Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Am I the only one who didn't really find it that funny.

i didnt find it that funny, but then again im a united fan who is frustrated that were pretty much away after every champions league game!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:50 am

No
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

Jennifer Laugh Laugh zen
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:25 am

Laugh Laugh clap

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
i didnt find it that funny, but then again im a united fan who is frustrated that were pretty much away after every champions league game!

Doesn't seem that many months since I heard a Man City fan making a similar complaint about the City fixtures....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

Laugh I love the referee comment at the end as well Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:11 am

No I didn't find it funny one bit either.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 Jun 2012, 3:11 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:

No I didn't find it funny one bit either.

Hmmmm I wonder why? chin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 22 Jun 2012, 7:42 pm

Fergieson the so-called greatest manager in the game, could barely live with Mourinho in the league, then he takes on rookie Guardiola and gets drubbed twice. thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

yeah, wasn't really funny!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:46 pm

Mildly funny.

No surprises which group of people are lacking a sense of humour though.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 28 Jun 2012, 9:01 am

hi im a liverpool fan, and if you didnt know, weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles

by the way, weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles.

i see torquay got a good result at the weekend, but that doesnt matter because weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles

we finished mid table last season, but that doesnt matter because weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

Alex Ferguson Unhappy With Premier League Fixtures As Manchester United Are Handed 19 Away Games Next Season Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB2FD_HFmTjZpHLUID13i2s-QFwYHG7obB2avNuoelP8QmAbtXb0q5ArY

Taxi Run

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 28 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

JamesLincs wrote:hi im a liverpool fan, and if you didnt know, weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles

by the way, weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles.

i see torquay got a good result at the weekend, but that doesnt matter because weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles

we finished mid table last season, but that doesnt matter because weve won 5 european cups and 18 league titles

Now that is funny because it's true Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:17 am

I love reading the responses to these little spoofs as much as I enjoy posting them.

VivaPaulScholes didn't like a post that mocks Alex Ferguson. I can't think why. LMAO.

Whether anybody likes it or not, I'll keep ridiculing the absurd in sport for the simple reason that absurdity needs to be ridiculed.

Watch this space.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 15 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Fergieson the so-called greatest manager in the game, could barely live with Mourinho in the league, then he takes on rookie Guardiola and gets drubbed twice. thumbsup

As a Utd fan i've always said Fergie got his tactics completely wrong twice. 1st time round we underestimated Barca, second time round we got opur side and tactics all wrong, two strikers and a midfield pairing of Giggs and Carrick against Xavi, Iniesta and Messi dropping deep.

We were in transition during the Mourhino period, then got it together and won 3 on the bounce.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:11 pm

Brilliant article Laugh

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:23 pm

martyr wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Fergieson the so-called greatest manager in the game, could barely live with Mourinho in the league, then he takes on rookie Guardiola and gets drubbed twice. thumbsup

As a Utd fan i've always said Fergie got his tactics completely wrong twice. 1st time round we underestimated Barca, second time round we got opur side and tactics all wrong, two strikers and a midfield pairing of Giggs and Carrick against Xavi, Iniesta and Messi dropping deep.

We were in transition during the Mourhino period, then got it together and won 3 on the bounce.

Dont think whatever team we played would have made much difference if im honest, barca were simply a better team. united dont play defensively like you need to to be successful against barca. We simply didn't have a midfield of breaking up players. Agree that in 09 we prob did underestimate them, think the players have said similar.

Hardly think we need to justify fergies record against the likes of josh, his trophy cabinet does more than enough for all of us

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 7:50 pm

Well you say that about Fergie but with Barca he came up against one the greatest teams if not the greatest team of this generation not many have a good record against Guadiola. Also Mourinho wasn't doing too well before he got sacked he didn't stay long enough to make an accurate comparison success and greatness is not measured over 1 or 2 seasons but over 10 or 20 seasons.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down