The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO Bias

+8
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BoxingFan88
88Chris05
JabMachineMK2
Sugar Floyd Louis
Seanusarrilius
Valero's Conscience
12 posters

Go down

HBO Bias Empty HBO Bias

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:32 pm

The following video has been made by someone, not to say Bradley won at all but to give examples of how bias HBO are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSEb-hdq8M&feature=player_embedded#!

Another example was Mayweather's fight against Marquez. MArquez was easily beaten but HBO pretty much refused to give Marquez credit for anything good he done regardless.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

HBO Bias Empty Re: HBO Bias

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

HBO's credibility is sinking fast with me. They are so bias in the shows (which i watch all of pretty much) where they have any kind of favoured fighter. Pac and May figths are deadly to listen to and Lederman's scoring has become farcical in these fights. And then Lampley goes on for ages on Fight Game about fixing boxing???

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

It's ridiculous, before Floyd or Manny fights they already decide that they're the winners and dismiss anything their opponents do.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

Good video. To be honest, I still think Pacquiao won but he's 100% right that they were never giving Bradley for the work he did nullifying Pacquiao's attacks. There are holes in the video, but lets be honest, its the truth.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

Lampley is an absolutely terrible fight commentator. He (quite literally) just makes up imaginary punches in his own head as the fight unfolds and tells the viewer that they're landing, as this video (or the first few minutes of it, will watch the rest at some other stage) demonstrates. The days that I payed any real attention to a Lederman card have long, long gone, and as for Kellerman.....Well, the less said about him the better.

Quite honestly, regardless of what level of fight it is, if I'm watching it live or playing it back in retrospect, I watch it without any commentary; the God-awful HBO team and others of a similar ilk are perfect examples of why.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Lampley is an absolutely terrible fight commentator. He (quite literally) just makes up imaginary punches in his own head as the fight unfolds and tells the viewer that they're landing, as this video (or the first few minutes of it, will watch the rest at some other stage) demonstrates. The days that I payed any real attention to a Lederman card have long, long gone, and as for Kellerman.....Well, the less said about him the better.

Quite honestly, regardless of what level of fight it is, if I'm watching it live or playing it back in retrospect, I watch it without any commentary; the God-awful HBO team and others of a similar ilk are perfect examples of why.

Was it you or Sean who tipped Bradley? Watching the vid in the OP is making me want to watch the fight again, I guess it helps to see things in slow motion which shows Pac wasn't landing cleanly some of his shots. Another great point in that vid was Bradley's face after compared to Mosley's and Marquez'.

I had Pac winning by a wide margin but I may need to reconsider.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

alma wrote:A propos of nothing, does anyone know if Khan v Garcia is on HBO in the States?

It is, and I will watch, and shudder

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Lampley is an absolutely terrible fight commentator. He (quite literally) just makes up imaginary punches in his own head as the fight unfolds and tells the viewer that they're landing, as this video (or the first few minutes of it, will watch the rest at some other stage) demonstrates. The days that I payed any real attention to a Lederman card have long, long gone, and as for Kellerman.....Well, the less said about him the better.

Was it you or Sean who tipped Bradley? Watching the vid in the OP is making me want to watch the fight again, I guess it helps to see things in slow motion which shows Pac wasn't landing cleanly some of his shots. Another great point in that vid was Bradley's face after compared to Mosley's and Marquez'.

I didn't tip Brad. Think Alex did. Chris and I just had it very close and got slated, but we don't care do we chris!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

The video does have flaws of course but isn't meant to persuade you to think Bradley won but merely to give good examples of where they side with a certain fighter regardless.

It may make some reconsider some rounds and have the fight closer than it was but most likely still Pac winning.

Last edited by Valero's Conscience on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

It was me, SFL - I had Bradley by a single point on fight night and, while I thought there was just as good a claim for a Pacquiao win, I saw it as a very, very close fight (in which Pacquiao gifted away the last three rounds) which could have gone either way, and couldn't understand where all the shouts of 'robbery' were coming from.

Being that I was in such a tiny minority, I did vow to rewatch the fight and see if my initial thoughts were justified or if I just had a shocking night playing judge, mind you! Haven't got round to having another look just yet, but rest assured, when I do it'll be without the HBO crew aimlessly chirping away in my ear!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:

Wouldn't reconsider too quickly, I have watched the fight twice with foreign commentary and still only give Bradley four rounds which is as generous to him as I can be.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:11 pm

BoxingFan I still think Pacquiao won no doubt, but maybe some rounds were a bit more debatable, that video has made me realise I have a tendency to also see/call shots that in actual fact may have not landed Laugh (Thank God I'm not a commentator!!)

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

alma wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
alma wrote:A propos of nothing, does anyone know if Khan v Garcia is on HBO in the States?

It is, and I will watch, and shudder

Do you have to pay extra for the fight?

Nah, this wont be PPV.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 19 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

I watched the fight with it low souf ad scored it 115-113 pacquiao

I thought Bradley did well but at the end of the day when pacquiao DID lad clean he showed obvious power. I think the video is brilliant, Bradley showed great defence slipping with the punches and a good jab, hence why mayweather would school pacquiao atm.

I couldn't see the 118-110 scorecard everyone talked about, 116-112 was probably fair but the HBO team were disgraceful

Bradley-pacquiao rematch would be interesting. Bradley will grown more into the division and pacquiao won't get better than the last fight. Bradley's lack of power is my only criticism I have and that can't be helped

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 3:44 pm

Schooling.

censored

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:22 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:

I didn't tip Brad. Think Alex did. Chris and I just had it very close and got slated, but we don't care do we chris!!!

I had Bradley by a point and I was told that I need to start watching boxing and that I don't know anything about scoring a fight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:

I had Bradley by a point and I was told that I need to start watching boxing and that I don't know anything about scoring a fight

censored

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

Says the guy who thinks Canelo is chinny and had Pongsaklek Wonjongkam as his 6th best fighter in the world without ever watching him or knowing he got pasted by a journeyman. I think lil Az needs to start watching boxing laughing
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:41 pm

http://boxing.about.com/cs/rankingschampions/a/top_fifty.htm

39: Pongsaklek Wonjongkam

Az has him 6th censored
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:25 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Says the guy who thinks Canelo is chinny and had Pongsaklek Wonjongkam as his 6th best fighter in the world without ever watching him or knowing he got pasted by a journeyman. I think lil Az needs to start watching boxing laughing

Laugh Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:29 pm

That video is really good, it does put quite a spin on the fight.

One question I have...

Is Bradley allowed to duck that low? I thought ducking below the waist was illegal....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:21 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:http://boxing.about.com/cs/rankingschampions/a/top_fifty.htm

Az has him 6th censored

before the Sonny Boy Jaro fight that was a fair assessment of Ponkasaklek. I would have to say that isn't a great list to throw out their to make your point. Bradley above Wladimir Klitschko? laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:24 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:http://boxing.about.com/cs/rankingschampions/a/top_fifty.htm

Az has him 6th censored

8th.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

i called bradley and scored him the fight 115-113 to him. i think because bradley boxed out of character he didnt get credit for his defence the way mayweather or bhop would, be it was almost flawless, he decided to fight on the back foot, and most of the time it worked. i think pacquioa cost himself the fight by cruising the last 2 rounds.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:07 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i called bradley and scored him the fight 115-113 to him. i think because bradley boxed out of character he didnt get credit for his defence the way mayweather or bhop would, be it was almost flawless, he decided to fight on the back foot, and most of the time it worked. i think pacquioa cost himself the fight by cruising the last 2 rounds.

On a per round basis Pac out landed Tim. Overall Tim was outlanded. His defences couldn't have been all that great in that case.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:24 am

its obviously subjective, one man see's one thing and another see's something else. you can only actually watch one man at a time, so the little things go unmissed, but the video shows it more in line with how i saw. i know you could piece together a pro manny video, but i feel bradley is getting a tough break, when he should be widely recognised as number 1 at the weight (unless you count floyd).

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

azania wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:i called bradley and scored him the fight 115-113 to him. i think because bradley boxed out of character he didnt get credit for his defence the way mayweather or bhop would, be it was almost flawless, he decided to fight on the back foot, and most of the time it worked. i think pacquioa cost himself the fight by cruising the last 2 rounds.

On a per round basis Pac out landed Tim. Overall Tim was outlanded. His defences couldn't have been all that great in that case.

After watching it again last night with the sound off. I think the compubox stats are complete nonsense. Round 11 is particularly ludicrous. I do not believe Pacman really outlanded him. The fight was close.

First time around, with the HBO commentary on I gave it to Pacman by 2 rounds. I cannot be bothered to score it again but the HBO team are ridiculous and make it really hard to score a fight objectively.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

fearlessBamber wrote:After watching it again last night with the sound off. I think the compubox stats are complete nonsense.

Have to say, I agree with this, Bamber. Not sure how these compubox numbers are collated (presumably someone just pushing a button each time they think they see a punch land?) but, while they might be a half-decent indicator, they just as often seem to be totally at odds with what I've seen with my own eyes watching the fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:23 am

88Chris05 wrote:
Have to say, I agree with this, Bamber. Not sure how these compubox numbers are collated (presumably someone just pushing a button each time they think they see a punch land?) but, while they might be a half-decent indicator, they just as often seem to be totally at odds with what I've seen with my own eyes watching the fight.

I've always kind of assumed they're magically right, but this time they were so way off.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
fearlessBamber wrote:After watching it again last night with the sound off. I think the compubox stats are complete nonsense.

That's exactly how it works but with 3 people doing it and a punch is only registered if all 3 push the button. This obviously leads to room for inaccuracy as many punches can be thrown and missed by at least one person.

I still think manny won but perhaps not as easily as first thought, which leads to say i'm easily led!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down