The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales are the 4th best team in the world.

+26
Rob B
R!skysports
gregortree
thebluesmancometh
LordDowlais
ScarletSpiderman
EnglishReign
dogtooth
Brendan
RubyGuby
fa0019
Luckless Pedestrian
BigTrevsbigmac
maestegmafia
TycroesOsprey
Shifty
Biltong
Knowsit17
trebellbobaggins
wales606
offload
SecretFly
sugarNspikes
HERSH
Breadvan
wugbee
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wales are the 4th best team in the world. Empty Wales are the 4th best team in the world.

Post by wugbee Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

DON'T LOCK MY TOPIC BECAUSE SOME BETTER ENGLISH FANS AREN'T HAPPY WITH WALES' PROGRESS. I HAVE SAID NOTHING WRONG.

Lovely position to be in for such a small country with over 3 years till the next RWC.

World cup semi final.
Great coach (lions coach too).
Best stadium.
Grand slam champions too.
Under 20's first team to ever beat NZ.
Pro 12 champions are Welsh.

Things are looking rosy.

I just hope Wales can win the epic 2nd vs 4th tussle in Sydney on Saturday.

wugbee

Back to top Go down

Wales are the 4th best team in the world. Empty Re: Wales are the 4th best team in the world.

Post by Breadvan Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

Rolling Eyes Yeesh, ok I'll play along. Well done Wales for progressing in the rankings. Well done, high fives all round, whoop whoop. Clutching at straws at some 'facts' in that list but.....

Rankings..... raspberry
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Wales are the 4th best team in the world. Empty Re: Wales are the 4th best team in the world.

Post by HERSH Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

It's a shame that some of the fans (like you Wugbee) aren't true rugby fans Crying or Very sad

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

I prefer his other thread.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

Never start a thread with an appeal in caps.

Lock this thread...it offends my eyes. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

Laugh Me too
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

Is anyone else concerned that this guy has had a breakdown online?

No, me neither.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:26 pm

HERSH wrote:Is anyone else concerned that this guy has had a breakdown online?

No, me neither.

Laugh
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

I knew he'd break in the end. Wink

But no doubt he'll be back tomorrow, any guesses on his next username?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:31 pm

Woonyon?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:31 pm

HERSH was using the rankings to big up England last week Laugh

Oh the hypocrisy.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

It's a team sport wales606. Let them at it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:33 pm

Fly, you must disagree with this article. You think Wales are 3rd best in the world Wink

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

wales606 wrote:HERSH was using the rankings to big up England last week Laugh

Oh the hypocrisy.

Tongue in cheek picard
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:Fly, you must disagree with this article. You think Wales are 3rd best in the world Wink

Don't tell the Welsh I said so though. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

He's in the bog now with a laminated copy of the rankings and some handy andies... Shocked
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:37 pm

SecretFly wrote:
sugarNspikes wrote:Fly, you must disagree with this article. You think Wales are 3rd best in the world Wink

I'll try not to. I'm not convinced that Bullsbok agrees with you Cool

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:50 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

What gave you that impression??? Whistle Wait until he hears my predictions for next week's 'instinct' rankings!!!! Ireland Numero Uno!!!!!!! Lot's of people will meltdown when I spin that one Yahoo

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

SecretFly wrote:
sugarNspikes wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

What gave you that impression??? Whistle Wait until he hears my predictions for next week's 'instinct' rankings!!!! Ireland Numero Uno!!!!!!! Lot's of people will meltdown when I spin that one Yahoo
England have won their past 57 games in my 'gut feeling' predictions. I think it may have been a dodgy curry though... vomit

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:53 pm

Very happy for you and my welsh cousins.

By why start your thread with such a defensive comment on the English?

And the u 20 had a great tourney, England had several themselves in recent years but this was a poor one. Seems now a lot of the good ones have moved on they are back to having a fairly poor side. They could not tackle and the were poor in general. But they have nothing to be bitter about after all the good players that have come through.

You and them have much to be happy about and concerns about struggling to beat the sh.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:33 pm

Obviously another Englishman trying to convince us and himself that he's Welsh Run

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:37 pm

SecretFly wrote:Never start a thread with an appeal in caps.

Lock this thread...it offends my eyes. Wink

No, you've been fighting with me all day. raspberry
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:38 pm

Wales are the 4th best team in the world. Smiley-laughing013
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

Should we leave the Six Nations now? let Argentina have our place?
We can join the tri nations,three grandslams in seven seasons only the tri nations teams sitting above us in the rankings.

I don't think we are getting ahead of selves ,
England suggested it after wining one grand slam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:00 pm

I don't care about rankings, but I agree i think were 4th. We won a grand slam, always beat Scotland, beaten Ireland in the last 3, England in the last 2 and France. So nothing to prove there, but have lost 4 games to Australia this season.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:36 pm

Since 2004/2005 season
Wales have played 28 games versus the home nation teams in the six nations ,world cup and one off internationals,
They have lost 10 games to the home nations out of 28
clearly well ahead of the rest

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:49 pm

But a few losses and its back to down the rankings. Same goes for all teams. Honestly, if your teams playing well, who gives a censored about ranking points?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:56 pm

To be honest weve had a good year but its not ending that well. We still havent beaten one of the big three, so whilst we are leading the chasing pack we still need to break that SH hoodoo. Next year we need to perform well in the AIs, taking at least one SH scalp be in the top two in the 6 Nations and have a good development tour whilst the seniors are off with the lions. If were still in the top 4 in a year then we will have sustained success for the first time in years. Until then lets not count our chickens.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

If we can't win this weekend I will be disappointed but I see plenty of encouragement for the AIs.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:50 am

Ironically the best performances so far on the summer tour have come from Ireland and Scotland.

There is very little between the Home Nations & we are all behind the SH.

The Autumn Internationals will give a better gauge of where we all are.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:59 am

It feels wrong to be crowing about our place in the rankings when we've just lost a Test series. But that's just me.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:22 am

viewtothegym

That ENG team in 03 backed it up with a summer tour to NZ & AUS where they won one-off matches and then went to the RWC and won that in a final against the home nation.... its a little different.

Wales are due to their 6N result the best team in Europe. But they're not standout.. IRE & ENG are fingertips away and there is a lot of rugby to be played from now until the end of the year. That is the only time in the 4 year cycle of world rugby when rankings actually count (the RWC15 seedings).

If ENG or WAL win and lose or lose and win there will be a 2 point gap between the 2 teams so all this talk will become futile.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:40 am

Fa let the boys celebrate their 4th place mate, it is an achievement for them after building towards hope that this team might go further.

Just saying.

We can do the same once we get to number one (which inevitably will only be for a few days)
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

I agree with you to a point Biltong - Wales have had many years in the doldrums and this chap is just openly showing how happy he is that we are 4th. I actually find it disappointing that people are so disparroging and patronsing of this. 4th is a good achievement for us. Of course we want to improve on this but if someone wants to celebrate that fact that Wales are 4th then good luck to him thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:07 am

Agreed. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:11 am

Then Go fourth and multiply lads Wales

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:18 am

We'll be waiting.Wales are the 4th best team in the world. Spring13
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

I think that the AIs will see drastic changes in rankings from week to week.

I can see one NH wining one week and overtaking everyone and then loss and fall back down.

Also because they will be a home each of the NH teams have more points to lose except maybe Irland and Scotland because we are so far behind there would be much punishment for a loss.

Also the 4N could see Aus drop down etc

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm

how did wales climb the rankings? i thought only wins over higher placed opponants gave you ranking points.

has there been a change in the ranking system?
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

oh, and 1* for the full caps appeal
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm

No, you get points for winning against teams ranked within 10 ranking points below you as well, however, it is smaller margins the bigger difference the teams rankings are below you..
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Should we leave the Six Nations now? let Argentina have our place?
We can join the tri nations,three grandslams in seven seasons only the tri nations teams sitting above us in the rankings.

Might want to beat a tri-nations side first, fella.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Should we leave the Six Nations now? let Argentina have our place?

That's a long time to get to number 4. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:37 pm

biltongbek wrote:No, you get points for winning against teams ranked within 10 ranking points below you as well, however, it is smaller margins the bigger difference the teams rankings are below you..

ok

so it was england's loss that lost them points, dropping them below wales.??.?

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:44 pm

dogtooth wrote:how did wales climb the rankings? i thought only wins over higher placed opponants gave you ranking points.

has there been a change in the ranking system?

Loses also impact the rankings, with you losing less points for a lesser loss (not sure what the score brackets are though). Seeing as the only teams that have been winning are the top three then I guess the rest of us shuffle about on how badly we lose.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

dogtooth wrote:
biltongbek wrote:No, you get points for winning against teams ranked within 10 ranking points below you as well, however, it is smaller margins the bigger difference the teams rankings are below you..

ok

so it was england's loss that lost them points, dropping them below wales.??.?

Yes, Wales gained about .25 of a point with each round of tests, can't remember the exact points.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:04 pm

oh well 4th best is about right, best in Europe, but not quite as good as the big three in the Southern Hemisphere, I think we can all agree with that. Hug

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:06 pm

Pretty hard to argue with it Lord.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:09 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Pretty hard to argue with it Lord.

Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

Sounds about right to me...

The tri nations may add some interesting permiatations to the new world order.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next