The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV

+4
JabMachineMK2
GSC
lorus59
Trebs
8 posters

Go down

Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV Empty Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV

Post by Trebs Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

If you had to make up a team of pundits for Euro 2012 with a mixture of BBC and ITV, who would you have?

Main presenter:
Gary Lineker

Studio Pundits:
Roy Keane
Jamie Carragher
Roberto Martinez

Main Commentators:
Clive Tyldsley
Johnathan Pearce

Supporting Commentators:
Lee Dixon
Martin Keown

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV Empty Re: Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV

Post by lorus59 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:53 am

The little girl who used to be on the test card.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV Empty Re: Who would be your dream team? BBC and ITV

Post by GSC Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

Lineker

Viera
Seedorf
Shearer

They're all bad, can I have Andy Grey and Martin Tyler?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 2:50 pm

I'd sack Adrian Chiles.

What a bell.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 3:07 pm

Main presenter:
Gary Lineker

Studio Pundits:
Roy Keane
Clarence Seedorf
Roberto Martinez

Main Commentators:
Guy Mowbray
Johnathan Pearce

Supporting Commentators:
Lee Dixon
Mark Lawrenson

Honestly, Lawro and Mowbray are like some horrific sarcastic double act. It's brilliant viewing!! (well, technically "listening" but you get the idea)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

Main Presenter: Claire Balding. She does everything brilliantly.

Studio pundit: My dad. He knows more about football than the rest of them put together.

Commentator: Kenneth Wolstenholme. He's been dead for many years, but even in that condition, he'd make more sense than Mowbray, Pearce, et al.

Supporting commentators: None. Don't need them.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:56 pm

Jennifer1984 wrote:Main Presenter: Claire Balding. She does everything brilliantly.

Studio pundit: My dad. He knows more about football than the rest of them put together.

Commentator: Kenneth Wolstenholme. He's been dead for many years, but even in that condition, he'd make more sense than Mowbray, Pearce, et al.

I'd switch off if that condescending tactless bloke fronted football in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I'd sack Adrian Chiles.

What a bell.

You do wonder how much ITV regret tying him down to that ridiculous long term contract. Whoever told him he was funny lied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:19 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Jennifer1984 wrote:Main Presenter: Claire Balding. She does everything brilliantly.

I'd switch off if that condescending tactless bloke fronted football in this country.

CB is superb at everything she does. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.... <shrugs>. She could do Lineker's job with her eyes shut and we'd be spared those awful puns...... Murder on Gdansk floor.... <Groooaaaaaaan>

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:25 pm

Yeah, but the puns are knowingly dreadful. They're supposed to be so bad they're mildly funny, I like Lineker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:31 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah, but the puns are knowingly dreadful. They're supposed to be so bad they're mildly funny, I like Lineker.

I remember Lineker on Frank Skinner saying that he never plays in charity matches because of the fear of embarrassing himself on the pitch. However throw a few hundred grand his way and he'll make a total tool of himself on a Walkers crisps advert no problem.

Charity begins at home I suppose.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

Regarding puns there is Jeff Stelling and then there is everybody else!

Does anybody dislike Jeff?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:51 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah, but the puns are knowingly dreadful. They're supposed to be so bad they're mildly funny, I like Lineker.

I like Lineker too, mostly because he's a nice guy. I have noticed that he's started to get a bit more "steely" with his questioning of pundits. For instance, when he asked Alan Pardew a question (can't remember what it was), Pards came back with some bland reply, from the official UEFA line, but Lineker hit straight back with "Yes, Alan, but what do YOU think?" Pardew looked shocked. He hadn't expected that.

Unfortunately, Gary is a little too pally with his chums, Hansen and Lawrenson and it's all too cosy and matey. If he were to continue getting tougher with his questioning he could improve a bit further still, but Jeremy Paxman he aint and will never be. At heart, he will always be good old fluffy Gary Lineker and for that reason, I send him to Room 101.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:52 pm

FreekShow wrote:Regarding puns there is Jeff Stelling and then there is everybody else!

It's impossible to dislike Jeff Stelling, however, we need to see more of the James Brown head. Owwww...!!

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:55 pm

What is Steve Ryder up to these days? He was a cracking presenter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:59 pm

Jennifer1984 wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Regarding puns there is Jeff Stelling and then there is everybody else!

It's impossible to dislike Jeff Stelling, however, we need to see more of the James Brown head. Owwww...!!

I bet he's already conjuring up a bucket load of new gems for next season. I'd take a Saturday afternoon with Jeff over a lifetime with.. (insert dream man/woman here) all night long!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:43 am

Jennifer1984 wrote:

Unfortunately, Gary is a little too pally with his chums, Hansen and Lawrenson and it's all too cosy and matey. If he were to continue getting tougher with his questioning he could improve a bit further still, but Jeremy Paxman he aint and will never be. At heart, he will always be good old fluffy Gary Lineker and for that reason, I send him to Room 101.

I like that though, I don't think there is any need for pundits to be overly aggressive and it's probably why I dislike Roy Keane as a pundit, I prefer the calm and friendly atmosphere in the BBC to be honest. It doesn't have to be an interrogation.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:50 am

Host: Des Lynam. The man was like Kilroy. Pure Silk!

Studio Pundits: Gordon Strachan, Roy Keane and Alan Shearer. Neither scared to give their own opinions.

Commentators: Brian Moore. The man was fantastic. Ron Atkinson. When he wasn't racist he was straight to the point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Host: Des Lynam. The man was like Kilroy. Pure Silk!

Studio Pundits: Gordon Strachan, Roy Keane and Alan Shearer. Neither scared to give their own opinions.

Commentators: Brian Moore. The man was fantastic. Ron Atkinson. When he wasn't racist he was straight to the point.

That's pretty much THE dream line up. I'd perhaps give Shearer his cards but him aside I'd be happy with that lot for sure.

Brian Moore used to get his fair share of stick but he had the perfect voice for a commentator.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:00 pm

Id like a comedian in there an all in fairness. I really like roy keane as a pundit. he has strong views and not afraid to admit them. and i think vinnie jones should have a pop as well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Id like a comedian in there an all in fairness. I really like roy keane as a pundit. he has strong views and not afraid to admit them. and i think vinnie jones should have a pop as well

Keane is a comedian, he just doesn't know it! I love the bloke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

FreekShow wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Host: Des Lynam. The man was like Kilroy. Pure Silk!

That's pretty much THE dream line up. I'd perhaps give Shearer his cards but him aside I'd be happy with that lot for sure.

Brian Moore used to get his fair share of stick but he had the perfect voice for a commentator.

Cheers mate.

Moore was quality. The voice of football. So much praise goes to Tyler, but Moore had that voice. Him and Atkinson were brilliant at the World Cup 1998.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

omg..pens

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

yes...................................................

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

omg what a cheeky penalty by pirlo

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:24 pm

we fked it,.

well done italy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:25 pm

Englkand hasnt lost a game under hodgson so its something- but i feel ill..

and i am gutted..

good luck italy for the rest;.. i am off to bed

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 2:58 pm

I must admit I like Craig Burley.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down