The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble?

+2
red_stag
Kingshu
6 posters

Go down

McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble? Empty McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble?

Post by Kingshu Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:59 am

McFadden and Earls start on the wing for the 3rd test, but personally I think Trimble should be ahead of one of these 2.

While both are more centres that can play wing, Trimble is a wing that can play centre.

Personally All 3 are great players, and have their strengths, however I feel that DK has given Earls more caps that he really deserves at the expense of Trimble, and he's doing it again.

McFadden should have been moved to 12 also, as this is seen as his future position with Lienster/Ireland, and with D'arcy out this was the time to move him in and put Trimble on the wing.

Anyone else agree?

Ps this isn't a go at Earls as I think he is a fantastic player, however I think DK plays him whenever he's fit no matter what his form, which I do disagree with.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble? Empty Re: McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble?

Post by red_stag Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

I think Trimble has been anonymous for a long long time.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble? Empty Re: McFadden and Earls preferred over Trimble?

Post by clivemcl Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:06 am

red_stag wrote:I think Trimble has been anonymous for a long long time.

and mcfadden did what of note in the past two tests?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:07 am

You'll see what you want to see stag.

I think Trimble played ok last week, came in field and almost created a try with a brilliant pass in the first half and made one or two busting runs up the middle, getting across the gainline. Defended well.

Sliced a kick into touch and knocked on a highball though.

McFadden did marginally better, was more involved but you tend to be on the right, which is Trimble's preferred position. McFadden will get it tough this week against Gear.

None of our wing have stood out so I don't think there's too much to debate really.

Theres a thread in the sticky already kingshu.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:12 am

I suppose Rodders. I personally feel he doesn't come looking for the ball enough for Ireland.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:20 am

I'm happy enough to admit that I focus on ulster players more than other when watching, but for me, in the second test, the two most exciting pieces of play were when Trimble joined the line.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:23 am

red_stag wrote:I suppose Rodders. I personally feel he doesn't come looking for the ball enough for Ireland.

Personally I don't think any of our wingers, bar Bowe, do.

Look Stag I'm not saying he's been shoite hot, he hasn't. He was in very good form up until January, had an ok 6N and has been below par since.

I think he's trying too hard, perhaps even not fully fit and could have been doing with summer off.

He's also much more comfortable on the right wing, where he tends to drift in more and pass off his right hand.

But I do think the criticism is over the top, he hasn't played poorly, he just isn't making the breaks or getting too many tries. He's still been taking the ball to the gainline and working hard. Like I say he did ok last week.

In reality none of the other wingers have done much either so Trimble is unlucky not to get a chance on the right wing.

The form winger is probably Gilroy, whos at home.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Kingshu wrote:McFadden and Earls start on the wing for the 3rd test, but personally I think Trimble should be ahead of one of these 2.

While both are more centres that can play wing, Trimble is a wing that can play centre.

Personally All 3 are great players, and have their strengths, however I feel that DK has given Earls more caps that he really deserves at the expense of Trimble, and he's doing it again.

McFadden should have been moved to 12 also, as this is seen as his future position with Lienster/Ireland, and with D'arcy out this was the time to move him in and put Trimble on the wing.

Anyone else agree?

Ps this isn't a go at Earls as I think he is a fantastic player, however I think DK plays him whenever he's fit no matter what his form, which I do disagree with.

They can play the leprechaun and his mother to the wings if they want because making no difference as the ball not get that wide! Ireland will try again to repeating last week and keep the whole game narrow. All blacks will try to out flanking the umbrella defending and keep moving the impact area left and right and not get into the trenches again! A lot of short chip kick from NZ I think.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

red_stag wrote:I suppose Rodders. I personally feel he doesn't come looking for the ball enough for Ireland.

Thats what I find so frustrating. In the RWC warm-ups he was constantly coming in field and looking for work and he was quite possibly the best Irish player across those four warm-up games. Now he doesn't do that and games are passing him by at test level. Why?

Is it the player or the coaching?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:They can play the leprechaun and his mother to the wings if they want because making no difference as the ball not get that wide!

Laugh Leprechaun
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down