The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berdych loses in 1st round

4 posters

Go down

Berdych loses in 1st round Empty Berdych loses in 1st round

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:19 pm

We can now confidently add an asterisk (*) to the final of the 2010 Wimbledon Mens Singles and its safe to say Berdych is simply not a 20 player on grass, he just had a freak run 2 years ago. Where will Nadal go from here now that he has lost 1 of his 11 slams to the mighty asterisk? Federer now reaffirms his 6 slam advantage over Nadal, which he had before the French Open this year. Gulbis got rid of the asterisk and saved tennis today, an excellent contribution from the unseeded talent. Peace
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Berdych loses in 1st round Empty Re: Berdych loses in 1st round

Post by socal1976 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

Gulbis was great today it wasn't so much about berdy not playing well but Gulbis playing great. Hard to survive 30 aces in 3 set match. Still very bitter for berdy he has played well at wimbeldon in recent years so he lays an egg first round. Good for Novak's quarter match up though although I don't think berdy was that much of a threat anyway.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:47 pm

I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying that Nadal's Slam victory over Berdych is worth less than Fed's over Mark Philippoussis or that other serial Slam finalist Marcos Baghdatis? Rolling Eyes

Hilarious stuff. Josiah, who tries hard to be the new Tenez, simply fails miserably becasue at least Tenez's wummery was hard to argue with in some respects

If we gonna compare the value of the Slams of Fed v those of Nadal - I'd give up now m'lad

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

socal1976 wrote:Gulbis was great today it wasn't so much about berdy not playing well but Gulbis playing great. Hard to survive 30 aces in 3 set match. Still very bitter for berdy he has played well at wimbeldon in recent years so he lays an egg first round. Good for Novak's quarter match up though although I don't think berdy was that much of a threat anyway.

I can't say I feel that much sympathy for Berdych (aka Birdbrain), he's always struck me as rather smug (and sour) and apart from that one off upset of beating Fed in 2010, hasn't really lived up to the hype (@ least not in winning titles). Although many could argue that of Gulbis (not living upto the hype) but at least he's not smug and is young (so time is on his side).

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

luciusmann wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Gulbis was great today it wasn't so much about berdy not playing well but Gulbis playing great. Hard to survive 30 aces in 3 set match. Still very bitter for berdy he has played well at wimbeldon in recent years so he lays an egg first round. Good for Novak's quarter match up though although I don't think berdy was that much of a threat anyway.

I can't say I feel that much sympathy for Berdych (aka Birdbrain), he's always struck me as rather smug (and sour) and apart from that one off upset of beating Fed in 2010, hasn't really lived up to the hype (@ least not in winning titles). Although many could argue that of Gulbis (not living upto the hype) but at least he's not smug and is young (so time is on his side).

I'm also no fan of his Tennis, there's very little in the way of improvised flair and / or instinctive shot making

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 25 Jun 2012, 10:11 pm

banbrotam wrote:I'm a bit confused.

There's a first. Whistle

Peace and heart
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content