The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook

5 posters

Go down

Kell Brook Empty Kell Brook

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:51 pm

Special K is now being promoted by Matchroom and is aiming for a 'world' title belt soon. Can be win any of the recognised title holders? More importantly will he be matched against Berto? Forget Pac, too high a risk and little rewards for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook Empty Re: Kell Brook

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:57 pm

Pac isn't interested Kell brings no money to the table. Can't even see Berto interested Kell's best bet is to find an washed up well known name and build his reputation in the states or he won't get any fights. Zavek and Sevchenko are the other title holders he might have a chance their.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Pac isn't interested Kell brings no money to the table. Can't even see Berto interested Kell's best bet is to find an washed up well known name and build his reputation in the states or he won't get any fights. Zavek and Sevchenko are the other title holders he might have a chance their.

The problem I have with KB is that he spends too much time trying to look good without doing much to prove it. His one chance against Jennings was a joke of a performance. By all accounts he has an attitude problem in the gym also. Not a good combination. There's one thing being flashy and another being good. Right now he is one but not the other. Talent is there. But he could be another Johnny Nelson.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:11 pm

Hope he isn't like Nelson if he ends up on sky spouting absolute drivel I'm cancelling my subscription
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:20 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Hope he isn't like Nelson if he ends up on sky spouting absolute drivel I'm cancelling my subscription

Ha. Have you heard him talk? Not exactly the sharpest tool.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:25 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:Hope he isn't like Nelson if he ends up on sky spouting absolute drivel I'm cancelling my subscription

No he is not. He is just a tool.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:38 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

No he is not. He is just a tool.

laughing

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:26 am

Back to topic again Mike Jones which was touted or Malignaggi would be good for Kell. IMO he has the talent they just need to be put to the test and given the platform to show them off.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:12 pm

Malignaggi would be a good fight for Kell, and Paulie beat Jose Miguel Cotto last night, but apparently he is going to be taking on Paul Williams! :O Which I think could be a big mistake gunning against such a power puncher that's 6"1 and has like the biggest reach in the WW LMW and maybe even MW! Dangerous times, considering he hasn't tested himself anywehre near the real world level, I just get the feeling that he thinks that he is thinking that he is better than he is, with the mollycoddling Frank Warren has given him...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:22 pm

Why waste time with damaged goods such as Malignaggi? Paulie is, at best, fringe world level, is yesterday's man and is still living off a reputation he earned four or five years ago against Cotto - in a fight which he lost. He may have given it a game effort, but he lost all the same. Hatton stripped him down, Khan proved far too good for him and I'd back Brook to do the same. I still don't understand this obsession with Malignaggi.

I've said all along that Brook, right now, would be good enough to beat Berto if he adds a bit of discipline to his arsenal. It's a winnable fight and I'd prefer him to look at that as directly as possible - Brook has wasted enough time in his career already, it's time to press on. Two of three fights before this year is out, then target Berto early 2012. He's the most natural talent in Britain for my money, but the time has come to get a move on.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:26 pm

He needs to build up a reputation in the states before fighting Berto right now his best bet is a guy like Malignaggi to get his name out their.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

kel should of stayed with warren, fought mike jones for a eliminator and gone for a title, but he didnt like being in a stable of olympians i think

so now, he needs to step up

cotto, or paulie good choices but whats in it for them?? no real money in kel and high risk

he is floundering, has been for some time, needs to get going

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:58 pm

An American promoter may have been a better choice than matchroom. Although Zaveck and Sechenko are the other champs and they aren't big names they might be an option.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 5:33 am

88Chris05 wrote:Why waste time with damaged goods such as Malignaggi? Paulie is, at best, fringe world level, is yesterday's man and is still living off a reputation he earned four or five years ago against Cotto - in a fight which he lost. He may have given it a game effort, but he lost all the same. Hatton stripped him down, Khan proved far too good for him and I'd back Brook to do the same. I still don't understand this obsession with Malignaggi.

I've said all along that Brook, right now, would be good enough to beat Berto if he adds a bit of discipline to his arsenal. It's a winnable fight and I'd prefer him to look at that as directly as possible - Brook has wasted enough time in his career already, it's time to press on. Two of three fights before this year is out, then target Berto early 2012. He's the most natural talent in Britain for my money, but the time has come to get a move on.

Why WASTE time with Malignaggi!? Possibly because Paulie brings in good PPV numbers from America, a lot of New Yorkers buy his fights, especially the Italian American crowd. This isn't a waste of time, it's the same reason Khan picked him, because he's an opponent Special K can take out, look good, and then move on, everyone thinks you have to be fighting at the highest level straight away, he's young and not a big name yet, why would Berto risk taking on a fight with him, it doesn't attract PPV numbers yet! It's just a pure and simple fact a fight like that would get him noticed and he wouldn't have any problems getting negotiations with Paulie because he is a top 10 ranked WW! Hatton fought him on a little come back tour, to regain his rep, Khan took him on to gain a rep in America also, it's just common sense, over here we see Paulie as a target, in America they still they for some reason think he's decent!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down