The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber

+2
azania
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
6 posters

Go down

Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber Empty Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:14 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/viloria-vs-marquez-play-september-29-october-6--54413

One of the best match ups in the sport is being negotiated and looks likely to happen. Hernan Marquez vs Brian Viloria is a fantastic fight.

Viloria is coming off of 2 great wins both by stoppage over Omar Nino Romero and Giovanni Segura. He can box but loves a bit of a scrap and Marquez just loves a scrap. Marquez's form since his defeat at the hands of Donaire up at 115lbs has been good. His scrap with Luis Conception is a classic and he blew him away in the first round of their rematch. Wins over Dupadong and Mepranum were decent as well.

I would favour Marquez because he can hurt Viloria and I'm not sure Viloria can hurt Marquez and if you can't hurt him you are in real trouble. Although Viloria was very impressive and proved he can cope with a aggressive swarming power puncher when he beat Segura but Segura tires badly in the last minute of every round because he puts so much into the first 2 minutes and Viloria took advantage of it. Marquez doesn't tire he is pretty relentless.

Now hopefully Zanfer promotions who look after Giovanni Segura can make Segura v Roman Gonzalez and have the winners of both fights box each other.

Does anyone else care as much as me? Will you even watch it?

If you answered no then you hate boxing!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber Empty Re: Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber

Post by azania Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:41 pm

I read that elephants do a dump that weighs as much as those guys.

azania

Back to top Go down

Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber Empty Re: Viloria vs Marquez a possibility in Septemeber

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:43 pm

Hopefully it pulls of as it will be a great fight and one I'll definitely watch

Viloria is on the up atm with the stoppage win over segura. He wasn't heavily favoured in that fight, segura was in most people's top 10 p4p and was #1 at light flyweight. He was completely bossed by viloria and worn down and stopped

Viloria isn't much of a puncher still but is tough and very skilled

Marquez is on of my favourite fighters. He is a bull at flyweight, has great stamina, great skillet, a lot of power and is as hae dad they come. Donaire beat him but it was at 115 were donaire was a lot bigger than him and donaire's power pulled him through it. His wars with conception shows how he is at his best, 26 or so KO's in his 33 wins is very high for a flyweight an he's only young, 23/24 I think

Shod be a cracker but as you said Marquez doesn't get hurt easily but really bangs so I think he could win by a late stoppage after a good start by viloria

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

Haha very good. Seriously mate watch this fight when it happens I think it will be a cracker.

Their is plenty of good fights to be made at 112, 108 and 105 lbs and below. A couple of good South Africans as well in Moruti Mthalane at 112 lbs and Nkosinathi Joyi at 105lbs.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Saffers love the little guys. Baby Jake is a national icon. Even Madiba bows before him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

Strange that because he was nothing special. Joyi is a good fighter and can't get fights because he gets ignored by his own countries boxing fans.

I was at Kelvin Hall when baby Jake lost to Paul Weir on a cut. I think Weir stopped him the second time round.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:40 am

There are plenty of good fighters and great fights at the lower weights and while we ignore them the Asian countries has the pleasure of watching them

Yaegashi vs Porpramook was my fight of the year last year and the Marquez-Conception fights where as good as the others that year too

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:41 am

Nothing special??? boxing

The guy was 4ft nothing in socks. Minimum weight guys were giants to him yet to scaled all the way up to 108lbs and won a belt and was near on 50 when he did it (don't believe his official age - he was older).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:47 am

He was a good fighter just not the sort of talent I would expect to get national hero status he lost to Paul Weir who was naturally a minimumweight. Why did he fight at 108 and 112lbs instead of 105?

WHU did you see Ioka v Yaegashi?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:51 am

I saw a couple highlights but haven't found the time to watch the hole thing but what a scrap it seems. I personally would have thought ioka would have made it a little closer but yaegashi kept at him and didn't let him rest

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:55 am

Yaegashi is hard as nails he ended up with an eye like Pawel Wolak in the first Rodriguez fight.

Ioka realised pretty early that the guy wasn't going out early and was never backing down. Very impressive victory for a guy in his 10th fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He was a good fighter just not the sort of talent I would expect to get national hero status he lost to Paul Weir who was naturally a minimumweight. Why did he fight at 108 and 112lbs instead of 105?

Due to him being the smallest ever active boxer and being the underdog he held a special. Always jogging in Soweto that even the gang bangers never troubled him. He was our Bruno but not as thick and stupid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:05 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He was a good fighter just not the sort of talent I would expect to get national hero status he lost to Paul Weir who was naturally a minimumweight. Why did he fight at 108 and 112lbs instead of 105?

Due to him being the smallest ever active boxer and being the underdog he held a special. Always jogging in Soweto that even the gang bangers never troubled him. He was our Bruno but not as thick and stupid.

Ah right I never realised that. I'll need to read up on him a bit.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He was a good fighter just not the sort of talent I would expect to get national hero status he lost to Paul Weir who was naturally a minimumweight.

Are you sure chin

I think it was Baby Jake who stopped him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:06 pm

Marquez v Conception (I) was a barnstormer of a fight. If anyone hasnt seen it I suggest you watch it on Youtube

I think Marquez will have too much for Viloria, but this will be an entertaining fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

I'm with Az on this one. There needs to be more love for Baby Jake on here. He and Ricardo Lopez are criminally ignored.

At one of Baby Jake's last fights he gave his belt to Nelson Mandela who was at ringside. Mandela looked like HE was the one being honoured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 28 Jun 2012, 3:07 pm

Cheers lads for telling Az about these two. He will probably put them into his P4P list on the info you give him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 28 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Cheers lads for telling Az about these two. He will probably put them into his P4P list on the info you give him.

A better fighter than McKloskey.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He was a good fighter just not the sort of talent I would expect to get national hero status he lost to Paul Weir who was naturally a minimumweight.

Are you sure chin

I think it was Baby Jake who stopped him.

Aye mate your spot on don't know who I was thinking about. The first time in Glasgow it was stopped on cuts and the second time oit was in Liverpool and Baby Jake stopped Weir.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:26 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Cheers lads for telling Az about these two. He will probably put them into his P4P list on the info you give him.

So you've heard. Slip him into 7th place Az. Just behind Pongsaklek Wonjongkam. Have you actually watched him yet? And where does he rank now on your ( laughing ) P4P list hahaha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

You guys need to grow up.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:26 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:

So you've heard. Slip him into 7th place Az. Just behind Pongsaklek Wonjongkam. Have you actually watched him yet? And where does he rank now on your ( laughing ) P4P list hahaha

And what has this got to do with the thread?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down