The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL News

+3
CFCNick
BamBam
GB1919
7 posters

Go down

NFL News Empty NFL News

Post by GB1919 Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:18 pm

Just wondering where you all go to get your NFL news. I tend to go to NFL.com first and then to a couple of the individual teams websites but was wondering what other good (and reliable) websites there are that you might recommend.

I also just started listening to the Rich Eisen podcast from the NFL website which is usually quite informative and funny, it's been good to work my way through last season too. Are there any other good podcasts that might be worth a listen to fill the time on long train journeys?

Finally, partially inspired by the draft in the other thread (which I'm gutted to have missed out on) what would be the appetite for a fantasy football league when (or if) there is a new season. With no friends who follow NFL I've never tried this but it seems to be a big deal in the US so would be keen to give it a try if others do too.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

NFL News Empty Re: NFL News

Post by BamBam Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

Bleacher Report is written by amateur journalists but there are some really good articles on there and a lot of news can be found there too. For me personally, Twitter is a great source of news providing you follow the right people.

Fantasy Football was run on the old 606 board, so I am guessing that someone will run it this year too, I am in the same boat as you, no mates that interested, so I normally join public leagues on the ESPN website

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:40 pm

Other than what already's been said I use the Score Mobile BB App, it covers the big 4 sports as well as some other sports.

As for the fantasy football last season I ran a draft league on FleaFlicker.com, which is still going on for trades and the draft is in August, and one on NFL.com, there was also another one on Fleaflicker and we had an auction league on ESPN.com.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:48 pm

ESPN.com (The american version and not any UK one that Google might suggest to you) is quite good, though i use it mainly for all the college football highlights and news because a) NFL.com is really quite good, especially when it comes to game coverage and b) because some of the top NFL journalists on ESPN have their articles posted behind the "ESPN Insider" pay wall (e.g. at the moment anything their draft guru Mel Kiper posts).

Otherwise as suggested, Bleacher Report is quite good for fan/amateur opinion.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 10 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

Crazy Dave is right, most of the NFL guys on ESPN.com are behind a pay wall. What I have found is that the ESPN divisional blogs (AFC South, West, North etc) have their own Tiwtter feeds, and they post what is said about each individual division by some of the paywall writers. If you can be bothered to go to each individual page you can pretty much read the whole Insider article

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:09 am

I really enjoy reading the ESPN divisional blogs. Some good inside information on there.

I will be doing an NFL.com league for all 606v2 users who wish to join.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 11:41 am

Good good Pr4wn. I'm always on the NFL.com fantasy leagues, but because I largely play in the public leagues you get issues with teams whose owners don't turn up! Would love to avoid that

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:25 pm

Fantastic, I was really hoping we could get a bit of a league going amongst us. I'm not entirely sure how the whole system works with the draft etc but it's always looked fun and I've always felt I'm missing out by not being able to get involved.

Looking forward to it Pr4wn.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

I just use NFL.com and read most of their peoples blogs too.

If lots of people want a league I'm happy to set one up on fleaflicker again, for those who miss out on the others.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:55 pm

I really enjoyed the league on NLF.com last year. Looked great, the draft was fun and the articles by Fabiano were superb.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:43 pm

SB Nation is a good site, they have various teams, its done by fans so you get a fans point of view SI.Com which is Sports Illustrated site, and there is NationalFootballpost.com
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down