The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials

3 posters

Go down

Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials Empty Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials

Post by hawkeye Sat 30 Jun 2012, 8:01 am

Ivo Karlovic was furious after his loss to Murray. He claims he was wrongly foot faulted and that this was done to give advantage to the home favourite Murray. If you have not already done so you can read his interview were he claims this here

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/interviews/2012-06-28/201206281340907483144.html

Karlovic now intends to lodge an official complaint with the full support of other players in the locker room

Ivo Karlovic will make an official complaint to Wimbledon and demand an inquiry into the foot-fault row that blew up in his defeat by Andy Murray.

The 6ft 10in Croat was unhappy that a series of foot-fault calls went against him on Centre Court, claiming it was a deliberate ploy to help Murray win the match. He stood by his claims on Friday and demanded a public apology from the All England Club, while suggesting that the BBC were also in on the conspiracy.

Speaking after he secured his passage to the last 16 of the men's doubles - where he did not foot-fault once - Karlovic said: 'I am happier because today there were no foot faults.'

A lot of the foot faults were aces. I looked at tapes and online footage last night and what is weird is that there was only one replay and in that I didn't foot-fault. 'After that they didn't show another slow-motion close-up. It's very strange what happened and that the BBC didn't show the replays with all the technology they have.'

Karlovic also said that he has had support from 99 per cent of the other players in the locker room and called for the introduction of a system similar to Hawk-Eye to avoid a similar situation happening again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2166752/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murrays-victim-Ivo-Karlovic-makes-official-protest.html

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials Empty Re: Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials

Post by CAS Sat 30 Jun 2012, 9:18 am

i dont like players making excuses and Ivo has actually made quite a few over the years I have noticed, however the 11 foot faults is so bizarre, especially as he said he started to step back

CAS

Back to top Go down

Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials Empty Re: Karlovic To Lodge Official Complaint About Biased Officials

Post by bogbrush Sat 30 Jun 2012, 10:12 am

I'd have thought it would be simple enough to get evidence of the correctness of the calls.
On the other point, since the BBC are keen to give us replay of everything down to towel downs, it does seem odd to look at only 1 of 11, especially if that one indicated an error.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down