The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inside the mind of Roy Jones Jr...

5 posters

Go down

Inside the mind of Roy Jones Jr... Empty Inside the mind of Roy Jones Jr...

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 am

Roy Jones rolled back the years on Saturday night, producing the kind of performance that we became used to in his precocious prime, he simply had too much for the previously undefeated Pawel Glazewski. The Pole was left hitting fresh air as Jones ducked and weaved, his lightning reactions and swift counter punches leaving his opponent flummoxed. Jones slipped in the sixth. Amazingly, after ten one-sided rounds, one of the judges awarded the fight to the Pole, he must have been watching another fight, but luckily the two other judges weren't swayed by the home crowd and Jones earned his rightful victory via split decision.

Jones now has WBC cruiserweight champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk firmly in his sights as he guns for further glory and bids to become a 5-weight world champion.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Inside the mind of Roy Jones Jr... Empty Re: Inside the mind of Roy Jones Jr...

Post by hampo17 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:50 am

I haven't seen the fight however I did see Dan Rafael say on twitter the complete opposite to what you've put there.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 am

hampo171 wrote:I haven't seen the fight however I did see Dan Rafael say on twitter the complete opposite to what you've put there.

Quite true, but in Roy's mind...
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:55 am

Far to early for me today, still very hungover from a heavy session yesterday.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:00 am

Laugh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:08 am

Think Jones was very, very fortunate to get the nod in that one. I had it 96-93 to Glazewski. Jones didn't start too badly and was looking a little more elusive than in previous outings, but his workrate dipped alarmingly from rounds four or five onwards.

The thing with Jones is, he just refuses to adapt, or even try to. He still fights with the same blueprint as he did ten years ago; hands low or way out in front of him, jumping in with short hooks when his opponent is in the middle of moving themselves - but his diminished reflexes just won't allow that style to be successful anymore.

Still, it's pretty much a status quo with Jones anyway. We knew he was way over the hill and a shadow of his former self long before this, so it's as you were, really. I just wish the judges had given Glazewski the nod so that maybe, just maybe, Jones would have packed it in.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:22 am

88Chris05 wrote:Think Jones was very, very fortunate to get the nod in that one. I had it 96-93 to Glazewski. Jones didn't start too badly and was looking a little more elusive than in previous outings, but his workrate dipped alarmingly from rounds four or five onwards.

The thing with Jones is, he just refuses to adapt, or even try to. He still fights with the same blueprint as he did ten years ago; hands low or way out in front of him, jumping in with short hooks when his opponent is in the middle of moving themselves - but his diminished reflexes just won't allow that style to be successful anymore.

Still, it's pretty much a status quo with Jones anyway. We knew he was way over the hill and a shadow of his former self long before this, so it's as you were, really. I just wish the judges had given Glazewski the nod so that maybe, just maybe, Jones would have packed it in.

He really needs to pack it in. Purely for the fact that he was dropped by a light fisted puncher and his next goal is the original opponent who has a VERY high KO ratio.

I will honestly really fear for his health if he fights a puncher.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am

The worrying thing for me is that Wlodarczyk will now realise that he has virtually no chance of getting the decision whatever happens, so he will have to go for the knockout which could spell serious danger for Jones.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down